Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2017, 06:44 AM   #141
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The fact that the bow tie matches the tongue is really what sells it.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:38 PM   #142
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mrs Cheese and I adopted two rescue cats a few weeks back

This is Nori...

and this is Soju..

Cheese is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2017, 12:40 PM   #143
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dawwwwww
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2017, 02:17 PM   #144
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!

Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2017, 04:35 PM   #145
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Our turn.

About 2 months ago, we suddenly lost our 12 year old red Oriental Short Hair, Monty, due to what was likely pancreatic cancer; he apparently hid the pain from us quite well and we didn't see the little early warning signs.

After he departed this mortal coil, our seal point Siamese became very confused and depressed, constantly looking for her buddy, calling out for him and finally seeking any and all attention; it was really quite sad to see her like that.

We decided we really wanted another oriental. After a bunch of searching, and talking to a few breeders, we finally found a new friend for her. There is still some growling and hissing going on, but we think Callie will be a great new mom to her "daughter".

CP pet faithful, meet Sadie:

Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ironhorse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2017, 04:41 PM   #146
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

After posting that we had put our 'first child' dog down last februaryhere on this page, we waited the year and now welcomed this new guy!
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chedder For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #147
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

So tomorrow I might be posting in the pet loss thread, but for tonight I appreciate my dog Wren. She's four, but is having some serious health issues right now and we have a vet appt tomorrow morning. She's been my best friend for the past four years and I hate what might have to happen tomorrow, but I'm just going to enjoy tonight with her for now.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:46 PM   #148
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post

So tomorrow I might be posting in the pet loss thread, but for tonight I appreciate my dog Wren. She's four, but is having some serious health issues right now and we have a vet appt tomorrow morning. She's been my best friend for the past four years and I hate what might have to happen tomorrow, but I'm just going to enjoy tonight with her for now.
Sorry to hear. That's way too​ young. Hope you get better than expected news.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chedder For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2017, 08:02 AM   #149
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

upload png
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:06 AM   #150
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

free image uploading
The Following User Says Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2017, 01:26 PM   #151
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

All weekend I've been trying to reconcile my decision to not treat my 11ish-year-old dog's cancer. It's not operable/removable, because it's on her neck—but even if it were located, say, on her leg, I wouldn't put her through a major operation, or lob the leg off. That's no way for a dog to live..

I was all set to try an oral chemo, but to what end? So she can live to 13?

But on the other hand, you want your pet to live forever, so you’d try and do everything for them.

She's acting perfectly normal right now: pain-free, eating, drinking, going ape#### when a murder walks past the window. But when she starts to go downhill, I'll have her put down.

I've never had to make a decision like this: my last dog, our family dog, had a stroke at 14, so we put him down in 2008.

It's like signing a death sentence.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #152
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
All weekend I've been trying to reconcile my decision to not treat my 11ish-year-old dog's cancer. It's not operable/removable, because it's on her neck—but even if it were located, say, on her leg, I wouldn't put her through a major operation, or lob the leg off. That's no way for a dog to live..

But on the other hand, you want your pet to live forever, so you’d try and do everything for them.

She's acting perfectly normal right now: pain-free, eating, drinking, going ape#### when a murder walks past the window. But when she starts to go downhill, I'll have her put down.

I've never had to make a decision like this: my last dog, our family dog, had a stroke at 14, so we put him down in 2008.

Sorry to hear Sr. Mints. Every time I open this thread it makes me think of the mortality of my 5 year old best friend.

I think you can take great solace in the fact that you gave them a wonderful life and likely saved them from an awful fate in the first place. And the best thing you can do is to let them go without pain.

God damned onions.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:27 PM   #153
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

We adopted a 5 year old American Bulldog who had a tumor removed from his leg. Unfortunately they did not get it all - and we ended up getting radiation done on what was left. We don't know if the cancer had a time to spread - we are hoping we can buy him a couple of more years. I feel for you, such an incredibly trying decision to make, we decided against chemo after almost losing him after one of the radiation treatments. Just trying to make sure the rest of his days are comfortable and happy.
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:52 AM   #154
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

A picture of some comfort dogs in Vegas for victims of the attack. Just look at the face of that good boy in the middle, and try and convince yourself dogs aren't the best. Here's the Twitter page for the group who provides the dogs
https://twitter.com/K9ComfortDogs

Old 10-07-2017, 10:03 AM   #155
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
A picture of some comfort dogs in Vegas for victims of the attack. Just look at the face of that good boy in the middle, and try and convince yourself dogs aren't the best. Here's the Twitter page for the group who provides the dogs
https://twitter.com/K9ComfortDogs

They're ALL good boys (and girls)!

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #156
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh they're all good dogs Brent, but I just can't get over that look. He's so excited to dish out some comfort.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:16 PM   #157
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Owe. My heart.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:03 AM   #158
Montana Moe
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post

I feel your pain. We did our best to prolong the life of our 12 year old pug, but it was not to be. No cancer, but a collapsed trachea, and a seizure that led to incontinence and neurological issues. He'll always be our kid's first dog, and the one to which all others are judged.

We found a new one today. She's special to us, of course. But, she'll never be our Hogan.
Montana Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Montana Moe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2017, 12:26 AM   #159
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Our three year old tabby seemed oddly threatened by the appearance of a pumpkin.

Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Regular_John For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2017, 07:14 AM   #160
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Moe View Post
I feel your pain. We did our best to prolong the life of our 12 year old pug, but it was not to be. No cancer, but a collapsed trachea, and a seizure that led to incontinence and neurological issues. He'll always be our kid's first dog, and the one to which all others are judged.

We found a new one today. She's special to us, of course. But, she'll never be our Hogan.
Is she part Basenji?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote