Exp:

OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:49 PM   #22
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearFart View Post
Interesting, sounds like you've altered your tone a bit from 2014.

If you take a step back, do you honestly think this made a drastic positive change in your life? Are you still involved with them?

Where does the pressure to recruit non-landmarkers come from, is there a financial incentive or is it purely just a urge to "spread the good news"?
I think my tone has changed a bit since then, but I wouldn't speak negatively of it. I spent a few months volunteering around their office in Vancouver and it really is filled with a lot of genuine people who just want to help others with. I have stepped away from it, but not for any negative reasons.

I also think it's easy to fall into the trap that you can't help yourself or others if you're not connected to that community or taking courses. I did see many people become dependent on the seminar based courses.

There isn't any financial incentive to get people to join. It really is a great program which sometimes offers a big wake call. I was quite young when my company sent me to do the course (21) and I think the older you are and the more life experiences you have, a course like that would affect you more just because of all the things you've dealt with.

I do think it's a little manipulative how the course leaders use the attendees to sell the program, but a lot of why people do it does come from the fact that it helped them and they want that for people they care about. I never pushed anyone in my life to do it because it made me very uncomfortable.

In terms of my personal experience, it didn't offer any drastic and immediate changes in my life. I never had the "lightbulb moment" they sell, however it did allow me to have the courage to have a real honest conversation with my Dad for the first time ever. And it did help me get a real clear idea of what personal responsibility looks like. I like to think the lessons I learned help slowly shaped many aspects of the man I've become.

I think as long as you go into it willing to learn, you can take a lot away from it. And it's usually not the instructor you're learning from, but the people sitting beside you.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:51 PM   #23
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
I would stay away. The chairs have so much room and are soft and recline. This is so much worse then the ones at Cineplex where you get to sit almost on top of the people on either side of you and fight for an armrest.
I heard the Sunridge Cineplex theatre has also brought in recliner seats in order to compete with Landmark Country Hills. Has anyone tried them? Also, is the Country Hills location the only Landmark theatre with recliner seats? Do they have recliners at the south Landmark location?

I think it's pretty funny how some people show up at Landmark with their blankets and wearing their pajamas.
snootchiebootchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:59 PM   #24
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snootchiebootchies View Post
I heard the Sunridge Cineplex theatre has also brought in recliner seats in order to compete with Landmark Country Hills. Has anyone tried them? Also, is the Country Hills location the only Landmark theatre with recliner seats? Do they have recliners at the south Landmark location?

I think it's pretty funny how some people show up at Landmark with their blankets and wearing their pajamas.
I went to the South Landmark a few months ago and learned the hard way that, at the time at least, some, but not all theatres had the recliners.

I second the positive sentiments of everyone about the Landmark in Country Hills. It changed the movie going portion of my life for the better and I shall never look back
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:00 PM   #25
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InBurkeWeTrust View Post
I have yet to try Landmark Cinemas.. should I go and be reeled in.. forever?
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:01 PM   #26
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I love this thread for the simple fact that I don't know if the next post will be about movie theaters or a pseudo-cult. There are two different conversations going on in here and neither side will acknowledge the other.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:48 PM   #27
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really like the Calgary Tower. Centrally located, and fairly easy to spot so I can figure out where l am. the ski jump is pretty good too, if I am in the NW.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2017, 07:24 PM   #28
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

^ The Peace Bridge has grown on me.

When I first saw it I thought it looked like one of those finger traps. Those things where you try to pull away, and it feels like it is grabbing on and pulling you back in. I enjoy walking across it, but feel like the recliners keep me coming back voluntarily.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:42 AM   #29
Roast Beef
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hmm...lets see. I live a 2 minute drive or a 10 minute walk away. The recliner seats are heavenly. The soda machines are awesome. The ATOM app on my phone lets me pre-order tickets, seats, food and drinks. Plus it gets me in and out the quick line 5 minutes before the movie starts, while the unwashed plebes are waiting 20 minutes just to buy tickets or a bucket of popcorn....Yeah...I kinda like the Landmark Cult.
Roast Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:10 PM   #30
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I noticed Subways now have similar soda machines but they are Pepsi's version. They don't have nearly as many choices as the Coke machines at Landmark though.
snootchiebootchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:14 PM   #31
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snootchiebootchies View Post
I noticed Subways now have similar soda machines but they are Pepsi's version. They don't have nearly as many choices as the Coke machines at Landmark though.
I don't like these machines. I think you can taste the Remnants of the previous drink especially the cherry or vanilla flavours.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:16 PM   #32
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

My girlfriend was really into this for a span and tried to get me to do it. It caused some friction.

It's not for me. It might be for you. It's really expensive and the hours are absurd. Everyone's always telling you how much it changed them and how it helped them, and how they're not paid to be here etc and it comes off as culty as ####. But I don't think they're evil. Just not for me.

Also, don't give them any money unless you're 100% committed to going, because they don't do refunds.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:01 PM   #33
Deegee
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I don't like these machines. I think you can taste the Remnants of the previous drink especially the cherry or vanilla flavours.
Run the soda water through for a moment then pick your drink. It solves the problem at Subway.
Deegee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deegee For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 06-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #34
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
My girlfriend was really into this for a span and tried to get me to do it. It caused some friction.

It's not for me. It might be for you. It's really expensive and the hours are absurd. Everyone's always telling you how much it changed them and how it helped them, and how they're not paid to be here etc and it comes off as culty as ####. But I don't think they're evil. Just not for me.

Also, don't give them any money unless you're 100% committed to going, because they don't do refunds.
How long are the movies you're going to?
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2017, 10:49 AM   #35
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

wtf is going on in this thread?
Leondros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:00 AM   #36
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leondros View Post
wtf is going on in this thread?
Here, have some Kool-Aid!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:42 PM   #37
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegee View Post
Run the soda water through for a moment then pick your drink. It solves the problem at Subway.
If landmark provides great life changing advice like this I don't care if it's a cult.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote