Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2017, 10:11 AM   #1
smalltownref
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Exclamation Boomer&Rhett's Exselent Adventure - Fundraising for KidSport Calgary! Want to donate?

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to get selected to be part of Boomer & Rhett's 'Dream Team' for their Exselent Adventure. Needless to say, I can't wait for the day to get here!

We got an email from Sportsnet yesterday afternoon, letting us know that Challenge #1 is to raise money for KidSport Calgary via public donations. So this is where I am asking for help!

I am sure mostly all of you have heard about the vandalism and thefts that have hit KidSport Calgary hard. They have had their recycling bins broke into and their donated cans and bottles have been stolen. Not only has KidSport lost out on bottle/can revenues (from recycling), but they have been stuck with the task of getting these bins repaired. So if there is ever a time to lend a helping hand to a great charity, now is the time! If you haven't heard of the theft and vandalism, here is a link...

http://globalnews.ca/news/3396495/ki...rd-by-thieves/

With that said, if you are interested in making a donation to KidSport Calgary just private message me or send me an email (hurtbrad@ymail.com). Either you can make the donation online, or if you give me your details and send me an E-Transfer with funds I will fill out the form on your behalf and send you a copy of the completed donation form for your records. DONATIONS MUST BE MADE BY THURSDAY NIGHT AT THE LASTEST.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Cheers

Brad
(i.e. smalltownref)
smalltownref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:28 AM   #2
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm a big fan of KidSport and what they do. So many life skills are taught and learned by playing organized sports and every kid should have the chance to participate. This is a great way to support a good cause and one of CP's own!
Old 05-10-2017, 11:06 AM   #3
smalltownref
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
I'm a big fan of KidSport and what they do. So many life skills are taught and learned by playing organized sports and every kid should have the chance to participate. This is a great way to support a good cause and one of CP's own!
Thanks!! I couldn't have said it better myself.

For those of you who are pondering about it... here is the link to do the donation online if you feel inclined.

https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/s...25188&lp=en-CA

If you do decide to make a donation... all I ask is two things...

1) When you are filling out the form, make sure to select 'Calgary' when identifying what KidSport chapter you want to donate to.

2) Because this is a team fundraising event, we are asked to consolidate all our donation confirmations so that the SN960 staff can tally up the donations Friday morning. With that said, once you receive your confirmation, can you please provide me with a copy of it so I can hand it in to the crew putting on the event. If you can email me a copy (send to hurtbrad@ymail.com) that would suffice!

Thanks again for your time and consideration. Almost immediately I have had people respond to my donation request whether they are friends, family, the CP family or coworkers... it has really instilled we live in a great community!

Cheers,
Brad
Old 05-10-2017, 11:11 AM   #4
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

'Excellent' appears to be misspelled deliberately. Until this is quandary is cleared up I am reticent. I've been burned in the past....

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #5
smalltownref
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
'Excellent' appears to be misspelled deliberately. Until this is quandary is cleared up I am reticent. I've been burned in the past....
It's not a typo and is deliberate. These are the same guys who believe 2 + 2 = 5.

Edit: The link doesn't work now, so I have removed it.

Edit2: Here's a new link on the KidSport website...

http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/alberta...ent-adventure/

Last edited by smalltownref; 05-10-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:17 AM   #6
smalltownref
Backup Goalie

Exp:

*BUMP*

Just wanted to give this thread a quick bump to see if anyone else is interested in making a donation to KidSport today. If you do, please just email me a copy of the confirmation email KidSport will send you. My email address is hurtbrad@ymail.com.

A huge thank you to everyone who has donated so far!!

Cheers,
Brad