Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-22-2017, 07:03 PM   #21
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

SMH at the coward bragging about bombing a bunch of teen girls and their parents.

pathetic and despicable.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:18 PM   #22
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is terrible, so heartbreaking. What kind of animal does this.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #23
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Twitter is so sad right now. Parents posting pictures of their kids who they can't contact.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:42 PM   #24
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Incredibly sad. It took me quite a few years to learn there are some very sick and twisted people in this world, unfortunately it is a realization that very young kids will come to now.

The depths these animals will stoop to due to their delusions and nonsensical beliefs. Unreal. I wish we could speed up human evolution to the point where religion is just an unpleasant and distant memory.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Engine09 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 08:04 PM   #25
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Is multi-culturlaism a myth?

Are we next to in Canada?
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taco.vidal For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 08:09 PM   #26
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Terrorism is a huge problem, and my biggest beef is people who cite stats about how terrorism accounts for such a tiny fraction of murders. This is true now, but what happens when they finally get a hold of a dirty bomb or a nuclear bomb?

####ing animals, every last one of these religious nutjobs who want to go to paradise for killing innocent people.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 08:11 PM   #27
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

They're just kids enjoying music they love. Just terrible. Breaks my heart and enrages me all at the same time.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 08:12 PM   #28
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryzsky View Post
Incredibly sad. It took me quite a few years to learn there are some very sick and twisted people in this world, unfortunately it is a realization that very young kids will come to now.

The depths these animals will stoop to due to their delusions and nonsensical beliefs. Unreal. I wish we could speed up human evolution to the point where religion is just an unpleasant and distant memory.
This isn't the thread for this debate, however man will find reasons to kill each other and hate each other beyond the reasons of religion.

Man will kill over wealth, resources, sex, territory, the color of our skin, its an never ending cycle. When you post stuff like this, your actually insulting the millions of people that follow religion that don't hate and don't kill and don't follow the path of jihad.

You can talk about evolving away from religion, and I believe it will absolutely happen, if mankind survives that long, or maybe we'll find another religion to follow. But the only way that the killing stops is for mankind evolves away from the baser emotions like hate, jealousy, desire, ambition.

Do you really believe that at their base the leaders of ISIS are driven by religion? Or are they driven by the hunger for power, dominance, control, the pure joy of pulling strings?

Religion is just a cover story to dupe stupid young men and woman who are too lazy, or too stupid to study their religion to hate.

A person that hears the message that their god wants them to kill, and doesn't question why it goes against a tenant of their religion (Ie, though shalt not kill, “…whosoever killeth a human being… it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind…” is not following their religion.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 08:18 PM   #29
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
Terrorism is a huge problem, and my biggest beef is people who cite stats about how terrorism accounts for such a tiny fraction of murders. This is true now, but what happens when they finally get a hold of a dirty bomb or a nuclear bomb?

####ing animals, every last one of these religious nutjobs who want to go to paradise for killing innocent people.
They don't really have access to that level of destruction, and in context terrorism is an extremely minor thing to worry about, it's sensationalised because it's less about the danger or death toll and more about an affront to western culture.

You should have beef with people who post facts, and we don't need to forget facts to recognise the impact of horrible events like this.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:19 PM   #30
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
They don't really have access to that level of destruction, and in context terrorism is an extremely minor thing to worry about, it's sensationalised because it's less about the danger or death toll and more about an affront to western culture.

You should have beef with people who post facts, and we don't need to forget facts to recognise the impact of horrible events like this.
So terrorists will never, ever, be able to set off a WMD? Thank god that's dealt with. Thanks PepsiFree!
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 08:19 PM   #31
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post

Are we next in Canada, we've been fortunate, probably because we have a fairly efficient police presence in this country.

The events that happened so far, the murder of two soldiers, thee guy who blew himself up in a taxi have been light. But remember we've had at least one of two major attacks broken up thanks to good investigations and those are the two that we know about.

Maybe we'll have an event, maybe geography is still a barrier, I don't know.

Is multiculturalism dead? No, and I hope it never dies. However I do believe that there will be heavier travel restrictions in Europe, and we've already seen it in the States.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:24 PM   #32
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

This attack and others, have shown that you don't need access to highly destructive components.

The boston bombings were carried out with pressure cookers for example. the other terrorist events in Europe by hand weapons or small quantities of explosives.

You can't define terrorism by the sophistication of the act. The whole basis in terms of the message that a group like ISIS is putting out is that you don't need much to do their bidding.

The common definition of terrorism is to terrorize, it goes hand in hand with the idea that Stalin put forth that a few is a tragedy and large number of casualties is a statistic.

A act that takes out 20 people is no less horrifying and change defining then an event like 9/11 with casualties in the thousands.

If anything these smaller casualty strikes are more terrifying because you don't need large cells, a lot of coordination or lots of money to pull something like what happened in the UK off. You need one guy who's determined, 10 bucks worth of nails and probably something household as an explosive. Its tougher to detect, yet its easier to tear at the soft under belly of a society.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 08:25 PM   #33
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

This world needs an enema.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:30 PM   #34
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hope that there is a especially nasty place in hell reserved for these terrorist bastards!!!
Old 05-22-2017, 08:31 PM   #35
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:
icon54

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post

This is how terrorism wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 08:53 PM   #36
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nope, Islam isn't a problem.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:58 PM   #37
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
This old ####ing chestnut again?
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:59 PM   #38
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
You're right, it's all religion that's the actual problem. Not just Islam.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 09:07 PM   #39
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

If it is Islamic terrorists who killed a bunch of kids, who else will you find to blame?
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:12 PM   #40
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Sad.
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taco.vidal For This Useful Post: