Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2016, 06:01 AM   #321
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Neal came out as a grade A a-hole with that vindictive exit. I don't remember Michele ever going after him, what did he have against her, other than voting him off the jury? If that was it, congrats, you jerk. I hope you feel bad.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:11 AM   #322
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Michelle's bartender social skills were underappreciated, as was her performance in challenges.

Something else she was very good at was watching and adjusting to the tone of camp and the stress levels of other players.

Her final pitch at Tribal about proving to herself when everyone else was doubting her was genuine and compelling. I think that this will go down as a season where the pitch at tribal actually won the game.

I think Tai could have done much better at tribal.

Aubrey played a great game.

Neal changes his story to now being one of a sore loser who didnt understand who was performing and who wasn't. I actually think that will cost him coming back to play another season if they do another fan vote for players to come back in.

I really enjoyed this season. Maybe because I picked Tai in the pool and became a fan of his. Not sure. That being said, I have really, really low expectations of the theme of next season.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:12 AM   #323
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Neal came out as a grade A a-hole with that vindictive exit. I don't remember Michele ever going after him, what did he have against her, other than voting him off the jury? If that was it, congrats, you jerk. I hope you feel bad.
Not only that, but he also comes across as dead wrong. She has $1,000,000 pieces of evidence that proves he doesn't know what he's doing.

And Neal supporters will say how he would have convinced the jury, or done this, or done that. Bah. He was out of touch and bitter. Worst type of jury member.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:41 AM   #324
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Not only that, but he also comes across as dead wrong. She has $1,000,000 pieces of evidence that proves he doesn't know what he's doing.

And Neal supporters will say how he would have convinced the jury, or done this, or done that. Bah. He was out of touch and bitter. Worst type of jury member.
I think that a lot of these jury members think that if they go up and rock the boat or blast a person aren't as much angry as they want to be memorable to the show and extent their 5 seconds of fame. But nobody has ever approached the Susan Kelly confrontation which I think was really genuine.

Neal came across as a sour punk, and he was completely wrong, I think Michelle played a very good game, but its a game that won't work anymore because of the voting blocks that came in during the prior game, and players are going to be forced in being way more risky in terms of the social game.

As it was Michelle played a very good risk adverse game, and she overwhelmed the others physically in the end, she was the right winner, though I feel bad for Aubey who was also very good.

Its funny, because at the start of this season I really disliked Jason a lot, I thought he was the typical bullet head bully, but as much as they talk about the evolution of Aubrey in the game, he went through some serious changes of his own, and I think he was incredible on the jury.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 05-19-2016, 09:52 AM   #325
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I don't think Jeff was very impressed with Neal's exit either, he had his I don't like you tone going on when he told Michelle she made the right choice. He definitely blew any chance he had of coming back fan vote or Jeff pick.

I have a feeling we will definitely see Tai, Aubry and Caleb back in this game at some point. Jeff seems to have a huge man crush on Caleb, Tai was a fan favourite and Aubry showed she is an incredible player.

Sad that it is over, I always really enjoy these threads we've got a good group here for discussions. Thanks again WhiteTiger for organizing it and setting things up. You can go ahead and put me down for next seasons draft
Old 05-19-2016, 09:52 AM   #326
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did Debbie really call Tai out for having multiple personalities? That chick is bat feces crazy. I loved how Survivor changed her occupation almost every time they showed her on screen.

I wasn't a big fan of Aubrey throughout the game. I thought her move to vote off Debbie was a bad one at the time. She was saying how Debbie is only emotional and she is only thinking strategically. I thought that was a highly emotional pick.

Tai is not built for final tribal. He could have said he was going to use his immunity idol, but Joe got voted out. He could have shown that he didn't play it in order to get rid of Scot. I think that would have earned him points. Not enough to get a vote, but still moral victory points. He definitely messed up using his extra vote.

Neal sucked throughout the game, and way overrated his importance. I hope he never comes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
Old 05-19-2016, 10:07 AM   #327
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I hope neal is on the next season and gets voted out early.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:12 AM   #328
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone notice Jeff just bolt off stage after the reunion show? Haha
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2016, 10:16 AM   #329
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Aubrey is getting overrated. Debbie was a lock to support her and she betrayed her. I guess it worked out, she got to the end and Debbie gave her vote, but I don't think it was the greatest decision at the time. But even then, when it came time to make that decision, she couldn't even convince Joe to go along with it! Joe, who was pretty much playing for Aubrey, was refusing to listen to her plan and the only reason it got done? Michelle agreed, which made sense from Michelle as it helped solidified her position in the game and still kept numbers on her side.

And while Survivor made it seemed like Aubrey got a raw deal by having Neal and Joe leave, let's not forget that it seemed like Aubrey would have been evicted if Neal stayed in the game. The plan, we were lead to believe, was splitting the votes between Neal and Aubrey, so Neal had to play his idol, and sending Aubrey home. And the only reason she didn't go the next tribal was because of a decision made by Michelle and Julia because of a push by Cydney.

Aubrey did orchestrate the Scott blindside that left Michelle out of the loop. But Michelle was still able to maneuver herself back into a position by voting out Julia. I really believe a lesser player would have just stuck with her 'best friend' as we've seen time after time. And Tai had told Aubrey that Michelle was so likable episodes ago, he was able to see that she made no enemies but when it came to the vote of picking her or Jason, Aubrey went with Jason.

One thing I do think is that Tai got a raw deal with the assertion that he didn't use his powers wisely. Sure, the extra vote didn't work out for him, but his idol did. He made it to final 3! He used it as shield, and was able to keep it until the last tribal council he could use it...except Joe got medivac'd and ruined that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2016, 11:03 AM   #330
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone think the Sia thing was weird? Giving Tai $50k?
Old 05-19-2016, 12:36 PM   #331
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

They bought her out and I went who?

Then I looked around and said, I really should mop my floors this weekend.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
JD
Old 05-19-2016, 02:02 PM   #332
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Anyone think the Sia thing was weird? Giving Tai $50k?
That whole thing was unplanned. I thought it was a random fan/heckler at first. Jeff was surprised too, but he and Sia are friends apparently so its all good.

I could pretty much see half of this cast returning at some point. Tai, Aubry, Debbie, Caleb, and Cydney are definite locks. I remember Jeff saying he wanted Cydney back during the interview with her mother (Blood vs Water 3 perhaps?).
Old 05-19-2016, 02:14 PM   #333
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Man I thought Cyndy was impressive but her mom has battleship quality she hulk arms.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:39 PM   #334
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Who the hell is Sia and why was she afraid to show her face???
Old 05-19-2016, 02:41 PM   #335
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Cydney's Dad was just massive as well. I had to google this Sia to figure it out, apparently I have heard her songs before but just thought it was Rihanna, lol.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:35 PM   #336
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean31 View Post
Who the hell is Sia and why was she afraid to show her face???
Apparently Sia had prior celebrity status and it lead to addictions and out of the industry. So now when she is in character she hides her face. It hasn't hurt her resurgence so she sticks with it. I guess it let's her be normal when not performing and not needing to be in character
Old 05-20-2016, 12:05 PM   #337
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Mark the Chicken got robbed... he's a chicken and he survived 39 days surrounded by starving folk. If that ain't worth a million I don't know what is.

In all seriousness, I think Aubrey's game was better, but jury management matters and Michelle was pretty good at jury management, so I'm not at all disappointed.

As for next season... millienials vs. Gen X? . Really? over 35 (but under 50) vs Under 38 (but over 17) is such a lame theme. Plus it smells to much like Panama which wasn't a stellar season (not that it was really bad... more low average).
The Following User Says Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2016, 02:16 PM   #338
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Mark the Chicken got robbed... he's a chicken and he survived 39 days surrounded by starving folk. If that ain't worth a million I don't know what is.

In all seriousness, I think Aubrey's game was better, but jury management matters and Michelle was pretty good at jury management, so I'm not at all disappointed.

As for next season... millienials vs. Gen X? . Really? over 35 (but under 50) vs Under 38 (but over 17) is such a lame theme. Plus it smells to much like Panama which wasn't a stellar season (not that it was really bad... more low average).
Seriously Mark needs to be coated in bread crumbs and flour and eggs and fried, why someone didn't blackmail Tai for votes is beyond me.

Look Tai, you're going to vote for Aubrey or Mark gets snappy snappy fry fry.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:39 PM   #339
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, and Tai would say "oh, uh well, I really don't want Mark to get hurt, but its for a million dollars, and its a lot of money, so sorry, by Mark". Because he only pretends to have principles.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2016, 04:17 PM   #340
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally got a chance to watch the last episode (will be watching the Reunion show later).

I am pretty impressed. Michelle really stepped it up when it mattered. I'd have preferred to see Aubry win, honestly, as I feel that she played a better game longer, but Michelle played when it counted, and she was right...it was easy to write her off.

I really liked the final (actual) immunity challenge, with the tower and puzzle. Pretty clever that, I thought.

The "vote a jury member off" twist was amazing, and wow those were some sour grapes off of Neil.

I wonder about Aubry's answer to Scot, and it made me think...I don't think that Scot could appreciate Aubry's game. Most folks only see one or two ways to play a game, and that's the only way that they can. Seeing someone else play it different and win...it's hard for them to appreciate that.

I thought that Nick's jury speech was pretty classy and smart of him.

The jury didn't strike me as angry or bitter. Just...like they were "meh", and didn't really care who won or not. It was an odd feeling I got watching the Jury Questions Tribal.

I was impressed with Aubry's game throughout.

I came to be impressed by Michelle's game

Tai's game just kept getting worse and worse, imo.