Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #41
Finny61
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I remember a radio ad for naked yoga in Okotoks, think it was on the Fan. Naked yoga, it better not be yo Mama's yoga.

Last edited by Finny61; 04-26-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Finny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:07 AM   #42
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't be the only one who read this thread title as DP Yoga and tries to remember if they ever saw a movie with that title.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:25 AM   #43
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Im going to order this today as well.

Ive done yoga a few times and think it is a hell of a workout, but as said above, the peace/love/tranquility discussions irritate me.

Im looking forward to trying this.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #44
hatty
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I just ordered this as well, hoping it will help out, dislocated my knee a couple times so running isn't the same anymore....to much of an impact. Hoping this can help tear up the scar tissue and what not.
hatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #45
Iceman90
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've been looking at DDP Yoga for a while...still on the fence as to if I want to buy or not.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:55 PM   #46
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well you should get a ton of reviews in about 2 months

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:07 AM   #47
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm really not a fan of products like this. Yoga DVD's should never be used for beginners. Going to classes and having teachers present is so important for proper form and alignment. The amount of damage you can do to your body by not having proper form, from even the simplest of positions, is staggering.

As someone who has done a lot of yoga, and a lot of different forms of yoga, I still get realigned occasionally in classes.

I would really recommend everyone who's purchased this, who has not done yoga yet, to go to at least two or three classes before using this DVD. They're not expensive, and I listed some amazing studios which are in distance of almost anywhere in the city.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #48
WilderPegasus
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole436 View Post
I'm really not a fan of products like this. Yoga DVD's should never be used for beginners. Going to classes and having teachers present is so important for proper form and alignment. The amount of damage you can do to your body by not having proper form, from even the simplest of positions, is staggering.

As someone who has done a lot of yoga, and a lot of different forms of yoga, I still get realigned occasionally in classes.

I would really recommend everyone who's purchased this, who has not done yoga yet, to go to at least two or three classes before using this DVD. They're not expensive, and I listed some amazing studios which are in distance of almost anywhere in the city.
Those places are a scam. DDP is all you need to do yoga. But just because he ain't got a long Indian name you gotta hate on him. Brother fixed up Scott Hall and Jake the Snake. A couple of legends. Give him.some mother f'n respect dammit!
WilderPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WilderPegasus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #49
Trojan97
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
Those places are a scam. DDP is all you need to do yoga. But just because he ain't got a long Indian name you gotta hate on him. Brother fixed up Scott Hall and Jake the Snake. A couple of legends. Give him.some mother f'n respect dammit!
It's clearly still real to you dammit!
Trojan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trojan97 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #50
boosterjuice
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Okay, I got this program and have tried the first video "Diamon Dozen". I've done p90x, insanity, etc. etc., and this seems really easy. I hope rest of the videos get more challenging.
boosterjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #51
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosterjuice View Post
Okay, I got this program and have tried the first video "Diamon Dozen". I've done p90x, insanity, etc. etc., and this seems really easy. I hope rest of the videos get more challenging.
I've watched the first 2. The diamond dozen basically just gives you the poses. I thought the same thing as you until watching the second video. I was surprised at how much the second one kicked me around...
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #52
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

My wife talked to her co-worker a little more about this program as he has been doing it for a few weeks now. He is really impressed with how much of a workout he really gets.

My DVDs should arrive this week, by this time next week I should look like a greek god.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #53
boosterjuice
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
I've watched the first 2. The diamond dozen basically just gives you the poses. I thought the same thing as you until watching the second video. I was surprised at how much the second one kicked me around...
Sounds good. I'll give that one a try tomorrow.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #54
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Geez what’s the hate for “real” yoga. I had a serious knee injury last summer and phiso therapist recommended I try yoga to supplement my recovery. I took a month intro class at Yoga Santosha on 4th Street. The studio is in my building and I just kind of thought what the hell, why not? The intro course was amazing and I ended up loving the practice. I now go to classes roughly 5 times a week and I’m going to step it up every day by doing classes first thing in the morning.

Since starting I’ve lost quite a bit of weight, dramatically seen an increase in the strength in my shoulders, much better flexibility, less aching pain in my joints, sleep like a baby, and just overall well being. At first I didn’t really care for the spiritual side of the practice (om’s, meditation, breathing exercises, etc) but eventually it grew on me. Now I find myself, more calm, focused, and much less stressed, and these are benefits that I’ve never seen from just normal workouts.

I don’t know much about DDP and later on this year when I try to put on a bit more muscle I may look at it but don’t dismiss normal yoga at a studio, it is fantastic.
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J pold For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #55
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

I'd imagine the hate for 'real' yoga has to do with their ridiculous meditation practice and finding inner calmness.
Azure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #56
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't like Namaste because it reminds me stop-loss in Vietnam.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #57
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I'd imagine the hate for 'real' yoga has to do with their ridiculous meditation practice and finding inner calmness.
What's ridiculous about it?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #58
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

First of all, I'm anti inner peace. I need my rage and anger.

I guess I want to try this because of all of the positive reviews and results that I've seen, and with my schedule its tough for me to get to a gym.

Plus I don't know how comfortable I'd be doing this surrounded by people. I didn't mind with normal workouts because its not in a social setting.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #59
SeeBass
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well I hope when we bought it and they asked how we heard about it we all said CalgaryPuck
SeeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #60
boosterjuice
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pold View Post
Geez what’s the hate for “real” yoga. I had a serious knee injury last summer and phiso therapist recommended I try yoga to supplement my recovery. I took a month intro class at Yoga Santosha on 4th Street. The studio is in my building and I just kind of thought what the hell, why not? The intro course was amazing and I ended up loving the practice. I now go to classes roughly 5 times a week and I’m going to step it up every day by doing classes first thing in the morning.

Since starting I’ve lost quite a bit of weight, dramatically seen an increase in the strength in my shoulders, much better flexibility, less aching pain in my joints, sleep like a baby, and just overall well being. At first I didn’t really care for the spiritual side of the practice (om’s, meditation, breathing exercises, etc) but eventually it grew on me. Now I find myself, more calm, focused, and much less stressed, and these are benefits that I’ve never seen from just normal workouts.

I don’t know much about DDP and later on this year when I try to put on a bit more muscle I may look at it but don’t dismiss normal yoga at a studio, it is fantastic.
It really depends on the studio that you go to. For instance,I have done yoga through p90x so I thought I had a decent handle on it prior to trying out hot yoga for the first time. I tried hot yoga at "Breath" studio near 130 ave. The class was great, however, at the end of the class, the instructor announced that the class was finished and that everyone should just lie down and "become one with yourself". I didn't have time for this due to an upcoming appt and proceeded to pack up my mat. Then, I got chastised in front of the whole class by this instructor for packing up before she officially dismissed the class. Needless to say, I've never been back to that studio.

There is some snobbery associated with these certain studios and instructors. That's why these follow along dvds are a no-brainer for a lot of people.

Tags
bang! , ddpyoga , guys do yoga too , not your mama's yoga , yrg