Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2016, 08:45 AM   #41
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

One thing that is driving me batty about the NLL this year is how the officials have married the delay of game penalty if you drop the ball and it rolls six inches away thing with their insistence on slowing the game down by whistling down fast restarts because the guy was more than six inches away from the spot the referee wants to restart play.

Also, Jiri - what did you think about the final play of the game? The Swarm were really campaigning hard for a penalty (shot), and I think they had a case. I didn't hold much sympathy though because that team was diving up a storm all night long.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #42
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
One thing that is driving me batty about the NLL this year is how the officials have married the delay of game penalty if you drop the ball and it rolls six inches away thing with their insistence on slowing the game down by whistling down fast restarts because the guy was more than six inches away from the spot the referee wants to restart play.

Also, Jiri - what did you think about the final play of the game? The Swarm were really campaigning hard for a penalty (shot), and I think they had a case. I didn't hold much sympathy though because that team was diving up a storm all night long.
Yeah they had a case with the stick wrapped around the neck - and the obvious tug on the jersey. It was pretty clear in the last 5-10 minutes they weren't calling anything though - they wanted it settled on the floor. And he still got an amazing chance.

But yes I agree they had a case.

Lacrosse is a very difficult game to officiate though.
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #43
cavalera403
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Jiri do you know where I could find a full rule book for the NLL
my google search just comes up with the PDF of the 2013 book and some general reviews of changes made for this season.

After last weekend with all of the dead ball calls and even Friday with some of the head scratching calls in the second quarter that just were ignored Saturday, I really want to read what the book says instead of just throwing my hands up at the game or at the TV.
cavalera403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:55 PM   #44
JiriHrdina

Exp:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/nllassets/2...L+Rulebook.pdf

140 pages long!
Old 02-08-2016, 01:08 PM   #45
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Haha. I've been watching the Roughnecks for 15 years and I still throw my hands up at the officiating all the time. As Jiri says though, this is an incredibly difficult game to officiate. Especially after the league took the third official off the floor.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:49 PM   #46
cavalera403
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Dr. Jackal meet Mr. Hyde. Man that was a tough second half to watch. You don't have #44 on the floor in the offensive end and you can just see it fall apart. Triple team on Superman and Shatler was invisible. And yes Digby and Berg had hatricks but lots of missed passes outside of that.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:52 PM   #47
JiriHrdina

Exp:

Yeah they couldn't generate anything from the left side. And a complete lack of emotion. Sounds like DD might be out a few weeks so someone needs to step up.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:07 PM   #48
cavalera403
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Was there a reason Snyder was out tonight. Getting killed in the face off is not cool. Goes to show how spoiled we were with Geoff
Old 02-13-2016, 11:13 PM   #49
JiriHrdina

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalera403 View Post
Was there a reason Snyder was out tonight. Getting killed in the face off is not cool. Goes to show how spoiled we were with Geoff
Not sure. I was surprised too - I felt he was key to the comeback win last week. My only thought is they wanted to dress a couple of differen options to try and see who clicked from the left side with Shattler. So they had both Kellen Leclair and Brandon Goodwinn dressed and getting turns on offense. I think they put both of them in there, and that meant Bob was out.

The Mammoth were able to sustain their runs in part because the Riggers couldn't get the ball back. And when you are chasing those extra possessions become critical.

We were spoiled with Geoff, but you don't need to dominate the draws. You need to be close to 50/50. Mammoth were 18/25 tonight. Yikes. And that's with a guy (Coates) who was well under 50% himself tonight heading into the game.
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2016, 11:51 PM   #50
cavalera403
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Yeah at the end of the third when we were 5/15 on draws it was an unpleasant sight
Old 02-28-2016, 05:23 PM   #51
cavalera403
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Well the last two games have been... Close

That's about all I can say

What has been your take Jiri?
Old 02-28-2016, 05:33 PM   #52
JiriHrdina

Exp:

Tough to lose two games in overtime that you led, but blown leads have become the story of the season across the NLL.
Poulin was terrific today, and they had some good looks to end it in OT.
They really miss Dobbie, you simply can't replace him. I was hoping Melnyk would show more today, but he was pretty quiet.
Buton is a nice pick up on D.
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2016, 06:03 PM   #53
Kerplunk
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ya, I'm kinda getting tired of them being up at the half, but then coming out flat in the 3rd and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Also really, really miss the ability to win face-offs.

The Rush seemed to have the talent of performing form tackles and getting away with it....
Kerplunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kerplunk For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2016, 06:15 PM   #54
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
Tough to lose two games in overtime that you led, but blown leads have become the story of the season across the NLL.
Poulin was terrific today, and they had some good looks to end it in OT.
They really miss Dobbie, you simply can't replace him. I was hoping Melnyk would show more today, but he was pretty quiet.
Buton is a nice pick up on D.
Were you calling the game today?
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:37 PM   #55
cavalera403
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

At least two times Dickson was hauled to the ground without even a possession call let alone a penalty and to have M Carnagie get call right after was just a joke.

In overtime it looked like the rush player shot the ball and it went off a rush player then out of play. They get the ball and promptly score. I wasn't at the best spot but did anyone see a replay if it did go off a roughneck?

Totally agree about missing 44 that left side is just garbage without him. Also miss that break out in the 4th quarter that he usually picks up a goal off the bench that really could have changed the tide in the last few games
The Following User Says Thank You to cavalera403 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2016, 08:39 PM   #56
JiriHrdina

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Were you calling the game today?
Yup. On FoxSportsgo
Old 03-05-2016, 10:13 PM   #57
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Dammit...another OT loss.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:22 PM   #58
cavalera403
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Just yuck. Great goal to tie it late however
Old 03-05-2016, 10:35 PM   #59
JiriHrdina

Exp:

One of the best games they've played but losing three straight in overtime is devestating
Old 03-05-2016, 10:45 PM   #60
cavalera403
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Jiri how did you see the OT winner? Was there not an illigal slash on that play to knock the stick out from #11?