Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2017, 11:48 PM   #261
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simanium View Post
Agreed, hardly any drama.

Christmas' injury is kinda interesting to me, I'd want her in the final 3 if I was playing, just because it increases your odds at winning the final HOH. Typically the first part is endurance, which Christmas may not be medically cleared for and the second part is usually a puzzle involving a degree of physical activity that Christmas would be at a disadvantage at.
You have to be careful though with Christmas. If she somehow makes it to the final 2, she runs away with the jury because of her injuries.

Also, seems like Big Brother is making the games less physical than in other years to accommodate her.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:17 AM   #262
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds to me like people are upset that Paul is going deep. Give him credit for playing a good game. Him attaching himself to every pair left as the 3rd wheel is brilliance as all the pairs need him to take down the others and he can just go with who has the power while sliding in to take the void of the pair that is first to lose a partner.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #263
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Sounds to me like people are upset that Paul is going deep. Give him credit for playing a good game. Him attaching himself to every pair left as the 3rd wheel is brilliance as all the pairs need him to take down the others and he can just go with who has the power while sliding in to take the void of the pair that is first to lose a partner.

I wouldn't say I'm upset at Paul. He's playing a great game right now for sure. I'm more upset at the rest of the house who haven't realized this and should have been targeting him a long time ago.

I wonder how different things would have been in the house if Cody didn't talk Jessica out of using the veto to save Ramses and putting up Alex.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:54 AM   #264
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Its more like the rest of the Cast is extremely weak, and don't actually care about winning all that much if you watch the feeds.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:33 PM   #265
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Its more like the rest of the Cast is extremely weak, and don't actually care about winning all that much if you watch the feeds.
people have literally told paul that it would be an honor to lose to him.

That's why this cast sucks right there.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #266
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

The cast is so poor that for a brief moment last episode, Josh looked like the best player next to Paul.

I'm still enjoying watching though. Good fight scenes.
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:06 PM   #267
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
people have literally told paul that it would be an honor to lose to him.

That's why this cast sucks right there.
It is weird how many of them seem honored to just make Jury and freely admit they have no aspirations to do any better than Jury.

Hell, multiple HGs (but especially Alex) were already speculating about their inevitable return to BB for a future season.

Think about that. Some of these people are so self obsessed and addicted to their 15 minutes of fame that they are more concerned with the concept of being a fan favorite and being invited back than they are with winning $500k. It is crazy.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #268
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not only that, but they all believe Paul when he says "No vet will ever beat a noob in final 2". When Paul lost to a vet last year in final 2. AND they all watched season 18 in sequester.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:22 PM   #269
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
It is weird how many of them seem honored to just make Jury and freely admit they have no aspirations to do any better than Jury.

Hell, multiple HGs (but especially Alex) were already speculating about their inevitable return to BB for a future season.

Think about that. Some of these people are so self obsessed and addicted to their 15 minutes of fame that they are more concerned with the concept of being a fan favorite and being invited back than they are with winning $500k. It is crazy.
Its going to be hilarious when Cody wins americas favorite player.. The looks on their faces will be priceless.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:29 PM   #270
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
I wouldn't say I'm upset at Paul. He's playing a great game right now for sure. I'm more upset at the rest of the house who haven't realized this and should have been targeting him a long time ago.

I wonder how different things would have been in the house if Cody didn't talk Jessica out of using the veto to save Ramses and putting up Alex.
Come on man. It's no different than the cast where Derrick won without ever going on the block. That cast was arguably more ignorant to what was going on. Paul has the added disadvantage of notoriety as he can't just sit in the back like Derrick. I'm not saying Paul's a better player but for any mastermind to get to the end and win by pulling the strings there's a requirement a lot of not so bright and gullible house guests.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2017, 03:53 PM   #271
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Come on man. It's no different than the cast where Derrick won without ever going on the block. That cast was arguably more ignorant to what was going on. Paul has the added disadvantage of notoriety as he can't just sit in the back like Derrick. I'm not saying Paul's a better player but for any mastermind to get to the end and win by pulling the strings there's a requirement a lot of not so bright and gullible house guests.
Derrick wasn't inciting people to bully, cause violence, or "break a PTSD so-called marine", like Paul has. Derrick didn't ostracize anyone for talking to his targets. If you can't see the difference between Paul and Derrick I am not sure what to say.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:56 PM   #272
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's not what Erik is saying though.

He's saying Derrick manipulated a cast full of morons. Paul is manipulating a cast full of morons. He's not talking about much else in that post.

I think the biggest difference is that Nicole was able to win last season against Paul...while against Derrick she was one of those idiot cast members (although she did call him out for being the next Dan, of course the only person she told was Derrick himself because that's how dumb she is and she still beat Paul).
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:57 PM   #273
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

IMO the biggest difference is how the cast in each season were manipulated.

Derrick's cast were all convinced they were part of his inner circle and he was quite clear after that his plan was to be what each person wanted him to be. I'll nitpick a bit too because ignorance usually implies some stupidity, not just a complete lack of knowledge. Derrick's cast were manipulated masterfully but they weren't all stupid.

Paul's plan is less strategic. He's not playing bad, but he's not brilliant either. This cast is happy to go along with Paul's plans even though they know he's clearly manipulating all of them. That's the difference here. Paul isn't fooling anyone, they are willfully going along with it knowing it is bad gameplay because they don't seem to care.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:00 PM   #274
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well and the fact that Paul was heavily favoured by the producers. Friendship braces to provide the ability to start alliances and connections and then an obvious four week safety that saved his ass the first week. I get that he had a target on his back as being a vet, but he would have been gone already if not for production manipulation...they are the master manipulators this season.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:21 PM   #275
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Every vet gets that, has nothing to do with Paul

Dan was safe like half the season when he came back, since that 3rd week Paul hasn't been protected, and the friendship bracelets were a plus and negative. Half the people didn't get them.

If you brought 1 vet back at the start of the game you need to give them an advantage or they go home week 1

I also have no real problem with most of the tactics hes using, not letting people talk to others, starting arguments etc. It's a game and that's part of it, it's aggressive but being subtle isn't necessarily better than being aggressive, you have to play the game in front of you can't force it. This cast would not get subtle

like vff said, people are saying it an honour to lose to Paul. Alex has said she will be happy to come 2nd and come back next year and win like Paul. If they get mark out this week and have to start turning on each other i can't even thinking anyone's who would nom Paul
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2017, 05:33 PM   #276
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Mark's high school photo is on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BigBrother/...m_my_yearbook/
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:47 PM   #277
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

These cast members are so boring there is zero chance any of them get brought back next season
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:39 AM   #278
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
These cast members are so boring there is zero chance any of them get brought back next season
Jessica is coming back in a future season for sure. Without Cody.

But yeah, I can't see anyone else making it back. Maybe Josh in a potential All Stars season just to stir the pot because he's a head case and is very polarizing.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:50 AM   #279
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rachel was terrible for Brendon's game and they brought both back though. In fact, the only reason I see them bringing Jessica back is to explore the relationship with Cody further...I don't see neither coming back on their own, in my opinion.

It will depend, but if they do go for an All-Star type season soon, with the tendency to favour the most recent seasons and with some other seasons being pretty barren of options (like all of BB15 that's pretty much been outcasted, BB14 having either already vets or Frank who's been back) I think a Jessica-Cody-Mark group could be selected.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:19 PM   #280
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't see a point in bringing Cody back. He can't play the game as he's point and shoot. It's just not in his nature to work with others. He would be saying the same thing how he hates everyone in the house and nobody would want to work with him knowing how he can turn on anyone at any time for the littlest thing. I'm not even sure he would want to come back.