Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #221
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
It was good. We (my wife and I) had a few beers (well I had the few beers, my wife only had one drink) and we ordered chicken wings and veggies which were actually surprisingly tasty.

There were probably 8 dogs there including one other Golden and a huge Great Dane. No problems whatsoever between the dogs or between human patrons either.

When you first arrive you have to show proof of a current rabies vaccination (for the dog that is.. ) and then they seat you at a table. Each table has a post beside it (bolted to the patio deck) where you can tie your dog's leash to if you want. The waitresses aren't allowed to pet the dogs for sanitary reasons, but they all seem to like them. They bring each dog a dish of water in a throw-away bowl.

It was nice... relaxing. Nice to be able to go out for a beer or two and not feel guilty about leaving your dog locked up at home. No dogs are allowed after 9 pm.
So nobody died, nobody got sick, and your food wasn't laden with hair? Anti-climax of the year.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #222
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
so nobody died, nobody got sick, and your food wasn't laden with hair? Anti-climax of the year.
yet
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #223
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skootenbeeten View Post
This will be quite nice when some of these people start feeding their leftovers to their dogs right on the plate. I don't give a #### how much you wash it, that is disgusting.

Wasn't planning on eating there and definitly wont now. Eating somewhere with a pile of dog hair/dandruff/feces is not appealing to me.
Oh the humanity. How on Earth do you manage to survive in this disgusting, dirty world? Are you seriously that disgusted by dogs? So disgusted that you can't eat off of a plate that was once licked by a dog? Going through a hot dishwasher with soap just isn't going to cut it for you? Might as well take the plate out back and use it for skeet shooting? Really? It's that disgusting? You don't give a #### how much it gets washed? Like, maybe if it's washed 5 times, and then left to dry for a week, can the plate get used again? Ever? Or is there a possibility that there is still traces of dog saliva on that plate?
Have you ever touched a dog? Did it lick your hand? Have you ever eaten an apple with your contaminated hand?
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #224
Rudee
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Waiter, there's a hair... a dog hair, in my soup!
Rudee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #225
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
I think they still aren't going to allow you to get away with it.
True, but somehow I think furries will be involved

Also: how soon will it be until there is dog snobbery - I mean places will have doggie bouncers to only let in the cool dogs (like Rerun's) but turn away the lame dogs (shi-tzus, for example), just like real bars.

Last edited by MRCboicgy; 09-30-2012 at 04:56 PM.
MRCboicgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #226
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I don't give a #### how much you wash it, that is disgusting.
Dogs are proven to have cleaner mouths than humans. Remember that the next time you stick a fork or spoon in your mouth at a restaurant
doctajones428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #227
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctajones428 View Post
Dogs are proven to have cleaner mouths than humans. Remember that the next time you stick a fork or spoon in your mouth at a restaurant

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #228
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Dogs do not have cleaner mouths than humans, that's a myth.

Dogs do however have something in their saliva that kills bacteria and helps heal wounds faster, but their mouths are not cleaner than a human's mouth.
puckluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #229
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iginla View Post
Dogs do not have cleaner mouths than humans, that's a myth.

Dogs do however have something in their saliva that kills bacteria and helps heal wounds faster, but their mouths are not cleaner than a human's mouth.
Quote:
The sample collected from Adam's mouth had much more bacterial growth than the sample collected from Lulu the dog. Jamie suggested, however, that the bacteria from the dog may be more potent.
Regardless, cleaner, dirtier, more potent, less potent; a person using a plate that was licked by a dog, but cleaned properly is no worse than using a fork, spoon, glass or anything that was used by hundreds of different people

I love dogs, I have 3 of them, (6 in my lifetime) and I could see how having dogs in a restaurant could be a problem for some dogs (Whining, barking, howling) or them crapping and peeing on the floor (Unless it's cleaned right away), but licking plates should be the least of the issues

Last edited by doctajones428; 09-30-2012 at 07:10 PM.
doctajones428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #230
Skootenbeeten
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Oh the humanity. How on Earth do you manage to survive in this disgusting, dirty world? Are you seriously that disgusted by dogs? So disgusted that you can't eat off of a plate that was once licked by a dog? Going through a hot dishwasher with soap just isn't going to cut it for you? Might as well take the plate out back and use it for skeet shooting? Really? It's that disgusting? You don't give a #### how much it gets washed? Like, maybe if it's washed 5 times, and then left to dry for a week, can the plate get used again? Ever? Or is there a possibility that there is still traces of dog saliva on that plate?
Have you ever touched a dog? Did it lick your hand? Have you ever eaten an apple with your contaminated hand?
Hey if you want to eat off the floor go for it, they probably just mopped it. You don't care though because apparently hygeine is not high on your list of priorities. How about I drop a deuce on your dinner plate, run it through the dishwasher and serve you up a nice plate of lasagna on it. I am sure you wouldn't mind.

Quote:
Let me know how clean that mouth is next time you catch your dog eating turds or dead animals. You and him can make out over a tasty bowl of clam chowder.

I find it hilarious that people take it as some personal insult when someone doesn't want to see your dog. It is like your kids, outside of you and your family no one really gives a ####.
Skootenbeeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #231
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Hey if you want to eat off the floor go for it, they probably just mopped it. You don't care though because apparently hygeine is not high on your list of priorities. How about I drop a deuce on your dinner plate, run it through the dishwasher and serve you up a nice plate of lasagna on it. I am sure you wouldn't mind.

Let me know how clean that mouth is next time you catch your dog eating turds or dead animals. You and him can make out over a tasty bowl of clam chowder.

I find it hilarious that people take it as some personal insult when someone doesn't want to see your dog. It is like your kids, outside of you and your family no one really gives a ####.
I love lasagna.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #232
BlackRedGold25
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Let me know how clean that mouth is next time you catch your dog eating turds or dead animals.
What do you think Ranchman's serves?
BlackRedGold25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:43 PM   #233
Skootenbeeten
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRedGold25 View Post
What do you think Ranchman's serves?
Turds? I knew calgary dining was bad but didn't know it was that bad. I guess dogs licking plates clean is a step up.
Skootenbeeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #234
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles

Exp:

Not weighing in here... I've said my piece (multiple times) in this thread and everyone knows where I stand on the dog thing...

I just want to know one thing.... Skootenbeeten? Wtf is that?
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #235
normtwofinger
Self-Retirement

Exp:

Sounds Saskatchewanian
normtwofinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #236
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPNEEDED View Post
I know you may think other wise; but no place of business in the country of Canada can turn you down for service as long as you are of good character and fit to the establishments code. So yes it is a right in this great nation.
You. Are. Out. To. Lunch.

Assuming you found somewhere that you had the right to enter
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #237
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPNEEDED View Post
I know you may think other wise; but no place of business in the country of Canada can turn you down for service as long as you are of good character and fit to the establishments code. So yes it is a right in this great nation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
You. Are. Out. To. Lunch.

Assuming you found somewhere that you had the right to enter

Helpneeded may in fact be technically correct as long as the person met that restaurant's dress code or any other requirements...

However there is more than one way to skin a cat. I suspect that if a restaurant did not want a particular person at their establishment they could make them wait virtually forever for an open table... or they could just say all tables have been booked for the evening.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #238
Rudee
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Dogs clean their "behinds" with their tongues. Humans use tissue. Guess who's cleaner?
Rudee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #239
gargamel
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudee View Post
Dogs clean their "behinds" with their tongues. Humans use tissue. Guess who's cleaner?
If you think that only dogs lick "behinds," you need to stop dating prudes.
gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gargamel For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #240
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudee View Post
Technically thats not correct. They clean their nuts and penis with their tongues...

Tags
beer , coors , cowboys , cowgirls , dogs=awesome , gone to the dogs