Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2017, 08:39 PM   #1781
missdpuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well they did release a video that was much longer than the one on TMZ. That was the breaking news.

Well now I know what Gun Club looks like; never been there and never thought Tiger Woods would be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2017, 09:16 PM   #1782
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
The Sun is a special type of journalism.
Tabloid journalism.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:56 PM   #1783
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is still a chance that it could be a visit from the Ambien Walrus.

A friend of my mother's was prescribed Ambien. He began to take it at the prescribed amounts. One day he found himself in his car 900 feet from his house in a partially wooded area. When he awoke he noted the car was running and he was wearing pyjamas, a jacket, and one boot. There was a dozen eggs on the passenger side footwell along with a couch cushion and the tv remote. The resting spot of the car indicated that it was driven essentially straight back from his driveway. His only memory before waking up in the car was taking his ambien and going to bed.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:56 AM   #1784
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
The arrest affidavit listed four medications, including Vicodin, that Woods reported taking. Vicodin is an opioid pain medication. The other three drugs appear to be misspelled. One is similar in spelling to Solax (a muscle relaxer) or Solox (for acid reflux). Another is similar in spelling to Etorix, a painkiller not currently approved in the United States.
Quote:
David S. Weinstein, a former federal and state prosecutor, said the key to prosecuting Woods would be establishing the presence of Vicodin.

"You can't get him on a sleeping pill," said Weinstein, now a defence lawyer in Miami. "It has to be a controlled substance."
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/golf/tiger-...pert-1.4140399
Old 06-01-2017, 02:11 AM   #1785
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder what would have happened to the police officers had they cut Tiger a break that night and just drove him home. In today's day and age of dash cams and other media I guess it would have been impossible for them even if they had wanted to be compassionate.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:57 AM   #1786
missdpuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's a shame that the worst thing you can do in a case like this is to be honest with the cops.

And I'm sure they could easily tell this was the result of far more than just a "long day".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2017, 07:13 AM   #1787
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
I wonder what would have happened to the police officers had they cut Tiger a break that night and just drove him home. In today's day and age of dash cams and other media I guess it would have been impossible for them even if they had wanted to be compassionate.
hopefully they would have been fired. someone as wasted as tiger was, there is NO reason to be compassionate and just take them home. he could have killed someone. (or himself)

I'm glad we're past the era of cops being ok with impaired driving.
"Oh you're going home? ok, but go straight home."
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:43 AM   #1788
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
How could any officer in good conscience simply drive him home and ignore the state his car was in and what cold have happened if an innocent person/s cross paths while he was driving in that state? I believe this is all being overblown because it's Tiger Woods but he fully deserved to be arrested.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:48 AM   #1789
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

With the car being all dinged up you can't just let the guy go. How do you know it wasn't a hit and run and there isn't a victim somewhere?
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:55 AM   #1790
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

I feel bad for Tiger Woods.

I know, I know...he is a millionaire, the greatest golfer of all-time and was married to a beautiful girl who he cheated on...but I feel he is basically Micheal Jackson.

He never had a childhood. Michael Jackson seemed to want to be an 8-year old kid. Tiger seems to want to be a 16 year old.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:28 AM   #1791
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think the correct word there is "corrupt". That would be letting a guy off because he's rich and famous.

Last edited by RougeUnderoos; 06-01-2017 at 08:33 AM.
RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RougeUnderoos For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2017, 09:57 AM   #1792
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post

I know, I know...he is a millionaire, the greatest golfer of all-time and was married to a beautiful girl who he cheated on...but I feel he is basically Micheal Jackson.

He never had a childhood. Michael Jackson seemed to want to be an 8-year old kid. Tiger seems to want to be a 16 year old.
I had a poor childhood. I've never used it as a crutch and to this day I never look back. Tiger Woods and Michael Jackson are not special cases or isolated incidents as a good portion of children don't have great upbringings. Society expectations are that children grow up in house with two kind and loving parents but real life doesn't work like that and that's the reality for a lot of kids. Tiger has enough money to see the best shrinks and live a privileged life and if he's going to spend the rest of it crying over his childhood then that's his issue and something I wouldn't feel sorry for at all.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:10 AM   #1793
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

This is an example of someone being propped up as a hero for years, even the best golfer in history, and then being demonstrated as having flaws that take away from his superstar status.

While I don't feel sorry for Tiger, he has a privileged life even after golf, I also think his persona was a construct of people wanting to tell a big story. The speculation was he would win more majors than anyone. We have known for a while that is not going to happen.

He eventually fell and could not meet expectations. This does not make him a bad person, although it seems he made some very bad decisions, including this incident. Nobody was hurt, and he needs to get help.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kjesse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2017, 12:12 PM   #1794
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post

To be fair he didn't simply cheat on his spouse....he had prolonged and multiple romps with sexual professionals and addicts all the while deceiving his family, friends and colleagues. It isn't correct to sum it up as simply cheating on his wife.

This is entirely speculation, however, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has and is addicted to and abusing pain killers to cope with his demise. The guy needs to seek out professional help and fast.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:48 PM   #1795
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgar View Post
This is an example of someone being propped up as a hero for years, even the best golfer in history, and then being demonstrated as having flaws that take away from his superstar status.

While I don't feel sorry for Tiger, he has a privileged life even after golf, I also think his persona was a construct of people wanting to tell a big story. The speculation was he would win more majors than anyone. We have known for a while that is not going to happen.

He eventually fell and could not meet expectations. This does not make him a bad person, although it seems he made some very bad decisions, including this incident. Nobody was hurt, and he needs to get help.
I don't think he was propped up as a hero. He was a good story. He was this young minority golfer that took a predominantly white privilege sport by storm. He did his business ripping things up on the golf tour and went home to his perfect looking family. No major controversies or anything. Almost the perfect athlete for a company to sponsor and put their name behind. Really the only thing he was criticized for was maybe being a little robotic or boring.

It turns out as it often does that things were not perfect with Tiger and that despite being gifted as an athlete he was every bit the flawed human being that we all are and succumbed to his own demons. I don't feel sorry for what happened to him after it was uncovered that he was a womanizer and poor husband but I'm somewhat sympathetic to his body breaking down ending his career and that it's probably not easy to fall from being on top of the earth to publicly criticized. That said he's made enough money where he should be able to just move on with his life quietly and I don't think any of us would feel great about a mug shot like that being plastered on the front of newspapers and internet for a conviction that really should be small news considering all the other things going on in the world today. In the same timeline for example Dallas Cowboys cornerback Nolan Carroll got arrested for DUI and it's a small footnote in NFL news that's already been forgotten yet this Tiger thing will likely drag on for weeks.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 06-01-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:52 PM   #1796
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
To be fair he didn't simply cheat on his spouse....he had prolonged and multiple romps with sexual professionals and addicts all the while deceiving his family, friends and colleagues. It isn't correct to sum it up as simply cheating on his wife.

This is entirely speculation, however, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has and is addicted to and abusing pain killers to cope with his demise. The guy needs to seek out professional help and fast.
He actually slept with the 22 year old daughter of his neighbor so it seems there were no limits to where he would go to satisfy his sexual cravings.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:34 AM   #1797
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Tiger Woods reportedly checks into rehab clinic to treat addiction to prescription painkillers

Quote:
In an effort to retain joint custody of his daughter Sam, nine, and eight-year-old son Charlie, the golfer has reportedly agreed to attend a 28-day course of treatment at a centre near his Jupiter home.

“Tiger visited the hospital with his children on June 2, then went alone two days later to complete paperwork and his assessment,” a source told gossip site Radar Online.

The site reported that the rehab was to avoid triggering a clause in his custody agreement with Elin Nordgren, his ex-wife, which states that he could face losing the 20 per cent custody he currently has, if he is “caught up in a scandal.”

The site reported he had booked out the entire male inpatient wing of the facility.
http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/...on-painkillers
Old 06-14-2017, 09:40 AM   #1798
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Good or him. That's a tough step to take when you're in the public eye.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2017, 09:55 AM   #1799
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is booking the entire male inpatient wing a dick move? What about other people that need help too?

Good on him for getting help though.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #1800
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Is booking the entire male inpatient wing a dick move? What about other people that need help too?

Good on him for getting help though.
Is it dick move or brilliant? He's fixed the ratio...
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post: