Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-27-2017, 12:15 AM   #181
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished watching. Was a pretty good game. Happy with the result.

God I hate watching recorded games. I'm like a child I skip through most of it.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:21 AM   #182
crapshoot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah, NOW is the time to crap the bed. That's rich Ducks.
crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:53 AM   #183
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman View Post
Ducks out shot, out possessed and out chanced the Oilers tonight. Something they couldn't do against the Flames. I don't know why I even look at advanced stats - they clearly mean nothing.
Obviously they mean less in a short series.
And means nothing if goaltending is brutal.
Not sure where to find playoff PDO, but Flames 5v5 would be less than 0.90 I bet.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:06 AM   #184
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapshoot View Post
Yeah, NOW is the time to crap the bed. That's rich Ducks.
They used up all their luck.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:09 AM   #185
ripTDR
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
To be fair to resurrection, he's a Jets fan and aside from Edmonton, the worst run franchise in the last decade.

Misery loves company.
you all should fit right in then
ripTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:54 AM   #186
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Obviously they mean less in a short series.
And means nothing if goaltending is brutal.
Not sure where to find playoff PDO, but Flames 5v5 would be less than 0.90 I bet.
If you subscribe to PDO the Ducks were something like 1.08 in the first round. Which is crazy high.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 08:42 AM   #187
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
If you subscribe to PDO the Ducks were something like 1.08 in the first round. Which is crazy high.
I think it goes to the point on how fortunate they were in the first round. By the looks of things they may have exhausted their horse shoe supply and now the shoe is on the other foot. Just sucks as a Flames fan having sat through the first round and now seeing and the bounces go the against the Ducks.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:49 AM   #188
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
I think it goes to the point on how fortunate they were in the first round. By the looks of things they may have exhausted their horse shoe supply and now the shoe is on the other foot. Just sucks as a Flames fan having sat through the first round and now seeing and the bounces go the against the Ducks.
As much as I hate that we had crap goaltending and we didn't get many bounces the pity party has to end at some point. We weren't good enough. Period. Hopefully the Flames pick up a good goalie and learn from this. The difference in the series could have been a guy like Gaudreau showing up. I'm not putting it on him it's just an example. We didn't get much luck but the Ducks knew how and when to capitalize on the their chances. That's what good teams do. We're getting there just not quite there yet. But we really need to drop the woe is us routine.
Samonadreau is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samonadreau For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 08:53 AM   #189
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

This series isn't over yet. Yeah the Ducks didn't get the bounces but as a veteran team, I don't see them lamenting over that for too long. I am confident the better team will prevail over a 7 game series. I think that's the Ducks, but Oilers are playing with confidence now.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:00 AM   #190
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
As much as I hate that we had crap goaltending and we didn't get many bounces the pity party has to end at some point. We weren't good enough. Period. Hopefully the Flames pick up a good goalie and learn from this. The difference in the series could have been a guy like Gaudreau showing up. I'm not putting it on him it's just an example. We didn't get much luck but the Ducks knew how and when to capitalize on the their chances. That's what good teams do. We're getting there just not quite there yet. But we really need to drop the woe is us routine.
I don't think it is a pity party. The Flames stood toe to toe with a very good team and I didn't think they looked that out of place. Yeah, the ducks can point to the score board, but I see nothing wrong saying the Flames were unlucky. The advanced stats and even the eye test bare that out. You take the lumps and move on, but at the end of the day I feel much better about this team coming out of the series vs 2015. You can see the growth and the improvements the team has made and the core group is still a couple years from entering their prime.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:23 AM   #191
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
I don't think it is a pity party. The Flames stood toe to toe with a very good team and I didn't think they looked that out of place. Yeah, the ducks can point to the score board, but I see nothing wrong saying the Flames were unlucky. The advanced stats and even the eye test bare that out. You take the lumps and move on, but at the end of the day I feel much better about this team coming out of the series vs 2015. You can see the growth and the improvements the team has made and the core group is still a couple years from entering their prime.
Yup, agreed. We deserved better and I hope this team plays with a chip on their shoulder next season. Goes to show nothing is given to you and life isn't fair so you give it that 110% cause 100 doesn't get it done.
Samonadreau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #192
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not a stellar game by either team. Talbot seemed to have trouble controlling rebounds, Gibson wasn't fantastic either. Sekera almost scored an identical goal to Larson's second one (throwing puck out short side as they skated behind net) - I wonder if they saw something on film. Draisatl had a great game. McDavid looked ordinary again and the HNIC panel did pick up on this and showed what appear to be some definate changes since he took that cross check in the ribs at the end of the San Jose series. Gotta wonder if he is injured a little. And more secondary scoring last night (Larson with two, Letestu with two), that is 13 goals from their non superstars in the playoffs so far. All in all a solid road win for the Oilers though, and wow were there every a lot of Oiler jerseys in the stands last night.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 04:46 PM   #193
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of the Wahington announcers (I forget who, former goalie) says the lighting was poor and it affected Talbot.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote