Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:
Default Indochino Suits

Anybody have any first hand experience with this company?

http://www.indochino.com/

I'm thinking about getting a custom suit done up but wanted to know of others who have taken the bait and what the outcome was.

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

My buddy used to shop at some of the higher end stores in Vancouver to get his suits (very keen to get custom fits and stuff) . . . He swears by Indochino now, and apparently they make a really quality product with just the right tailored material.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've heard bad things about their fabric quality, and their fit. I'd get my measurements down precisely before I sent away for a suit.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd want to see the swatch book in person too.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #5
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've really heard mixed things. Obviously, if you are a style snob, you would be willing to drop 1000+ on a Samuelsohn or something, which not everyone can afford without some pretty strict budgeting.

I read a few men's style tumblrs, and while most of them are sort of against the quality/fit of Indochino, there are a few who seem to support the idea. This guy particularly: http://suitsandboots.tumblr.com/search/indochino

Remember, this isn't a custom suit. It's a budget semi-M2M suit. When you buy a $1400 M2M Samuelsohn, you are getting some pretty top fabric, and at least a few measurement appointments with a tailor to make sure the fit is just about right. The suit is then made in Toronto, shipped to you, etc... The process takes about 3 months.

Indochino requires you to take your own measurements (go to a tailor and pay $20 to get it done for you), and then they make the suit in China or Thailand. It's a far more inaccurate procedure.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know someone who has purchased shirts and suits from them. He loves them and raves about them. I wasn't blown away with the suits...they look OK, but aren't amazing. I can't put my finger about it but there is something kind of strange about the fit I think. They don't look cheap, but like I say there is something a little off.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
oxygen
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I've purchased 3 suits and a blazer from Indochino. They have a $75 alteration credit, which I used on my first suit and blazer. I measured myself and actually did it 3 times before I put in my order. Their customer service is top notch and I know they will remake a suit for you if the measurements are way off. They used to have a lot of promotions where you could get a free shirt or a certain percentage off a suit, but they seemed to have moved away from them. As long as you stay away from the blends the fabrics are fine. They have also moved toward a higher price point with Italian fabrics, but I don't have any experience with those. I've had suits made in Hong Kong and the fabrics used on the Indochino suits I have are superior. I found the following website to be a good source of information on Indochino: http://www.indochino-review.com/

They have also done reviews on other M2M online retailers. I wouldn't recommend their shirts at that price point though. If you want to take a look at the suits I own send me a PM.
oxygen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have seen other people with them and I think they look awful. The quality isn't any better than Tip Top or Pinstripes.

Do a Google search of them. There are many message boards about them out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 3 Justin 3 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #10
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've ordered from Indochino as well as Tailored Man (http://tailoredman.com/).

The quality between the two does not compare. Tailored Man is MUCH better. Given the the pricing is similar for shirts and a little bit more for suits, I wouldn't bother with Indochino. I am tempted to just throw away the Indochino clothes, but I will keep them as a backup if necessary. The fit was really bad, but to be fair the customer service is pretty good and they did redo the pants for me.

The material quality of the shirt is very poor. They are about the same price as the ones from Tailored Man, but substantially inferior. I found the material quality similar to a shirt that I would buy at the Gap, but for a much higher price.

The pants I got from Indochino were cotton. The material is okay, but not fantastic. The wool might be better, but I am not going to give it a try. The fit was really odd on the pants. I did measure carefully, but ended up with a very strange cut. For some reason, they made them skin tight on the knees.

The plus side of Tailored Man is that you get to see the material in person. They come to Calgary every couple of months. Also, they measure you in person. I found that everything fit perfectly the first time. I know quite a few people that have ordered from them, but only a small few had to have the sizing changed. And their customer service is even better than Indochino.
jtfrogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #11
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

isnt this what Francis was wearing on HNIC
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #12
RedCoffee
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I need my eyes checked. I thought it said sluts.

Last edited by RedCoffee; 10-10-2011 at 06:55 PM.
RedCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedCoffee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #13
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I ordered a vest, shirt, tie and pants through them about 1.5 years ago.

I really, really like the pants. I do not have a huge history with high end suits, but I do with high end jeans and these pants fit really well. That is where it ended though. The shirt doesn't fit, the vest is horrible and the tie quality is sub par.

Get what you pay for I guess, was a good quick cheap solution at the time when money was tight, and I keep it around as others have said a back up.

You get what you pay for, and if you can find a better site for similar prices then run with that instead. I wouldn't order through them again.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #14
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I've never tried Indochino, how does it compare to Maxwell's clothiers?
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #15
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Their prices have been steadily increasing over the past couple of years. $250 for one of their suits, no problem, but most of what they offer now is $400+ which is just too much for what you get.

If you measure yourself properly, Indochino will be better than anything you get off that rack at Moores.

But if you're already going to spend $500 at Indochino, you may as well spend $1000 at Brooks Brothers and get a real quality suit that will last.

Indochino is a budget made to measure suit maker. Their fabrics are cheap and their quality of work is on par with most things that come out of China. You get what you pay for in this case. For some people their products are fine, for others they are not. Just depends what you are looking for specifically.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:33 AM   #16
socktape
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfrogger View Post
I've ordered from Indochino as well as Tailored Man (http://tailoredman.com/).

The plus side of Tailored Man is that you get to see the material in person. They come to Calgary every couple of months. Also, they measure you in person. I found that everything fit perfectly the first time. I know quite a few people that have ordered from them, but only a small few had to have the sizing changed. And their customer service is even better than Indochino.
I have used these guys a few times as well and had great success with them. The hardest part is picking out the fabrics.
socktape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #17
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

has anyone used www.hirasbespoke.com in the past? I got a spam email at work today looks like they are coming next week. I tried googling and I can't seem to find anything bad about them
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #18
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
has anyone used www.hirasbespoke.com in the past? I got a spam email at work today looks like they are coming next week. I tried googling and I can't seem to find anything bad about them
Let us know if you go to this and any feedback good or bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #19
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've heard both good and bad about Indochino. I'd be willing to give them a shot.

Three online suit places I wouldn't mind trying:
1. Indochino
2. ProperSuit (www.propersuit.com)
3. Astor & Black (www.astorandblack.com)

I've got a bit of experience with higher end suits, particularly Oxxfords I own, so I'm interested to see the quality of Indochino up close. Considering ProperSuit and A&B give the option of E. Zegna fabrics and full canvas, I'm not too concerned there.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #20
morgin
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just got the notice that Indochino is coming to Calgary for the first time for a traveling tailor type thing.

http://www.indochino.com/traveling-tailor/display

http://www.facebook.com/events/370138786330353

Worth going down to check it out for sure, especially if they have fabrics on hand.
morgin is offline   Reply With Quote