Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-25-2017, 09:38 PM   #21
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoggyFlamesFan View Post
Gaudreau was already drafted by the flames when the vector logo was on the jersey... that's getting exceptionally nitpicky

But he never played in it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:40 PM   #22
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Either way, no one can tell the difference from afar. I wouldn't call it a jersey foul just cause the brand logo is slightly different. That's like saying CCM home 2004 jerseys are a no-no. Especially when they were manufactured by Koho, and THEN introduced the Reebok vector logo in 2006. (For the pro jerseys).
SmoggyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:10 PM   #23
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoggyFlamesFan View Post
Either way, no one can tell the difference from afar. I wouldn't call it a jersey foul just cause the brand logo is slightly different. That's like saying CCM home 2004 jerseys are a no-no. Especially when they were manufactured by Koho, and THEN introduced the Reebok vector logo in 2006. (For the pro jerseys).
Exactly, A "No-No"
Old 04-25-2017, 10:28 PM   #24
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If you're a casual fan then sure, nothing wrong with getting a Roberts Reebok retro. But if you're a big enough fan to post on the message board then I would say you should make an effort to avoid jersey fouls, even minor ones.
Magnum PEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:49 PM   #25
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Thanks for this update. I managed to get my jersey that I bought a couple of weeks back price matched retro actively. Got 70 bucks back from Pro Hockey Life today.

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 06:24 PM   #26
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
Exactly, A "No-No"
Wait what? I do not understand. Authentics manufactured by Koho and Reebok But Replicas manufactured by CCM are a "no-no?" How on earth is that possible?
SmoggyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:49 PM   #27
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
Does anybody know if they have officially changed the material or the quality of the on ice authentic pro version? I am currently at the North Hill store and they seem fairly cheaply made with a different material? Unless I am losing my mind, these jerseys don't have the same premium feel that they used to. The Premier replica's almost seem better to be honest for half the cost?

I only buy the authentic versions but this one feels radically different unless I am out of it, a strong cold all week has been high on cough medicine all week!!

Anybody that can chime in?
I've got the uber rare away authentic, and yes the material is a lot different then the thick authentic from the early 2000s never mind the 80s (source: I have a 1994 authentic before they went pedestal, and 2001 authentic All Star game).

True Reebook Edge; A bit more stretch in the material,lighter,thinner, moisture wicking (I assume) as to it being a sponge like the old knit ones were. "Feels" less substantial but durability and obviously performance for players on the ice. Used it a few times for shinny and been through the wash as much as the premier jersey and looks miles better than the replicas. Nevermind the craftsmanship and stitching and materials of the logos and of the woven patches is much more crisp. And no patch upon the lower front hem.
browna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:20 PM   #28
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Wear whatever you want. It's just a game for gadssakes.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to savemedrzaius For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 11:08 PM   #29
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I mostly agree, although I'd say there are some that just seem weird. Like when I saw a cowboy shoulder wordmarked 3rd with Iginla on the back, or a horsehead Lanny McDonald
Had a buddy in college in Edmonton who got Messier on the back of his Todd MacFarlane, mechanic oil drop jersey. Then he got the 2006 Stanley Cup Final patch stitched on the front. It was such a disaster.

Personally I'm not a fan of using the Reebok jersey for vintage 80s players, but I'm admittedly a full blown jersey snob when it comes to accuracy (I wouldn't even put the captain C on my vintage Nieuwendyk like I wanted to, because it came with the 89 Cup Final patch. Nieuwy didn't wear a letter that year). You're right that it's pretty minor. It's a jersey foul, but it could be worse.

Last edited by Sainters7; 04-27-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:37 PM   #30
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm a bit more picky about old players, even down to the point of lettering details. Have a 89 retro McDonald and McCrimmon. The small C should be aligned at the top, rather than the bottom or same sized font. Drives me nuts for some reason. I see all sorts of McDonald font errors at the Dome.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:07 AM   #31
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
I've got the uber rare away authentic, and yes the material is a lot different then the thick authentic from the early 2000s never mind the 80s (source: I have a 1994 authentic before they went pedestal, and 2001 authentic All Star game).

True Reebook Edge; A bit more stretch in the material,lighter,thinner, moisture wicking (I assume) as to it being a sponge like the old knit ones were. "Feels" less substantial but durability and obviously performance for players on the ice. Used it a few times for shinny and been through the wash as much as the premier jersey and looks miles better than the replicas. Nevermind the craftsmanship and stitching and materials of the logos and of the woven patches is much more crisp. And no patch upon the lower front hem.

Well in my case I am not comparing jerseys of that era and vintage, although those jerseys you described are high quality.

I purchased a few Rebook Edge Pro version back in maybe 2011? Those ones have a nice, high quality feel, good solid weight to them, nice thick material and overall good craftmanship.

The ones I just purchased the other day, although the same version, have a lower quality feel. It bothered me enough that I ended up emailing the director of the Flames retail and he confirmed the material is "different" It feels lighter and rougher than before but that might have been at the request of the players. I could see this newer material being lighter after a game and the sweat that these guys put out.

In any event I hope to enjoy these jerseys for the upcoming season.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:56 AM   #32
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
Well in my case I am not comparing jerseys of that era and vintage, although those jerseys you described are high quality.

I purchased a few Rebook Edge Pro version back in maybe 2011? Those ones have a nice, high quality feel, good solid weight to them, nice thick material and overall good craftmanship.

The ones I just purchased the other day, although the same version, have a lower quality feel. It bothered me enough that I ended up emailing the director of the Flames retail and he confirmed the material is "different" It feels lighter and rougher than before but that might have been at the request of the players. I could see this newer material being lighter after a game and the sweat that these guys put out.

In any event I hope to enjoy these jerseys for the upcoming season.
Yeah, you likely got a 1.0 if it was back in 2011. I don't think the flames had 2.0s for sale until the lockout ended in 2013. Personally, I prefer the 2.0s, they're less prone to snags.
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum PEI For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2017, 12:59 AM   #33
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post

I don't think I've ever seen a retail 2.0 away jersey. The Dome and North Hill usually have a few team-issued ones for sale though.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:55 AM   #34
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

I remember in 2004 seeing a guy at the dome wearing the new jersey with McDonald and number 9. I was thinking he never wore that jersey. Then saw it was Lanny McDonald wearing it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
calgaryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:35 PM   #35
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryred View Post
I remember in 2004 seeing a guy at the dome wearing the new jersey with McDonald and number 9. I was thinking he never wore that jersey. Then saw it was Lanny McDonald wearing it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

One of my favorite Lanny stories was when I was at a game, a bunch of drunk guys were heckling him about his lack of jersey at the game. "Hey Lanny, why the suit? Wheres your jersey and your Flames pride?"

Lanny: "It's in the rafters" and then walked off
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to curves2000 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2017, 04:01 PM   #36
hurtin_albertan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Ferland or Monahan I can't decide GAHHH
hurtin_albertan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:52 PM   #37
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtin_albertan View Post
Ferland or Monahan I can't decide GAHHH

that's easy... at 50% off..... BOTH!!!
Old 04-28-2017, 07:28 PM   #38
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
that's easy... at 50% off..... BOTH!!!

That's what i did when I was debating between a tkachuk retro and a Hamilton home

The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2017, 10:30 AM   #39
goodyear
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec218 View Post
like Joe Nieuwendyk at 2017 NHL All Star game?

GARY BETTMAN PLEASE READ!

They better not mess it up at the 200th anniversary.
goodyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:46 PM   #40
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
But he never played in it...

He'd have wore it at the draft when he was drafted.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: