Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-27-2014, 07:38 PM   #3401
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sunwest Charter to Vancouver for the Grey Cup - $349 after $250 promo code:

Link: https://www.gojumpon.com/booking/48
Promo code: GC102

Leaves Sunday morning at 10:30 AM; departs Vancouver after the game at 10:30 PM. Only 13 seats left, although I don't know how much longer they will accept the promo code (was only posted a couple of hours ago).

P.S. If you're looking for a cheap single ticket, I know a guy http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=141825

Last edited by tvp2003; 11-27-2014 at 07:47 PM.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #3402
IGGYFORMVP
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

KFF, I went to Cuba with the family last year and we really enjoyed it. We did the split 10 package which allows you 3 days in Havana and 7 days in Varadero. Cubans LOVE kids so be prepared to have a ton of friendly people commenting on your kids. Our little girl was 2 at the time and she had a blast on the beach. PM me if you want more details.
IGGYFORMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IGGYFORMVP For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2015, 10:28 PM   #3403
gladaki
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Guys, I am looking for 5 to 7 day all inclusive trip for Mexico for two. Prefer dates are from 4th or any so I can get long weekend dates in between. I was checking Travelzoo they have 4* Beach front for Cancun from 11th Jan for 650$..Is it possible to get same kind of deal around that date. Also, I am not into drinking so if alcohol is not there it works well for me.
let me know if you see any good deals or any suggestions.
Thanks
gladaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:25 AM   #3404
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Figured I would bump this as well.

Looking for an all inclusive in Cabo for 12-16 people, for some old guys 40th bday April 30-May 8. We all drink, and we're all fun people.

What's the best way to get a good price on a nice hotel we can have some good clean fun at?
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:45 AM   #3405
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post

Looking for an all inclusive in Cabo for 12-16 people, for some old guys 40th bday April 30-May 8. We all drink, and we're all fun people.

What's the best way to get a good price on a nice hotel we can have some good clean fun at?
I just got back from Cabo on Saturday, just a heads up to read tripadvisor before you book anywhere. There is still a TON of destruction with the hotels on the corridor there and some are only working at half capacity.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:07 PM   #3406
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Any suggestions where to stay?
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:36 PM   #3407
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

In Cabo San Lucas, anywhere near Madano beach is where all of the parties are as well as the fun bars and the night clubs are a short safe walk.

If you want a little more low key, then San Jose is about a 20 minute cab ride away from Cabo, but is a blast. No real good night clubs (although the new bar owned by Gene Simmons called Rock & Brew was a good time on the weekend). We rent a condo in San Jose because alcohol is cheap (think $11 for a bottle of Captain Morgan's) and eating out was cheap as well.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brocoli For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2015, 12:51 PM   #3408
rd_aaron
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post

I would consider going through a travel agent with that many people. I would also ask or look into getting a group discount. Otherwise, haven't been to Cabo so can't comment on specific hotels.
rd_aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:50 PM   #3409
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can anyone tell me why booze is so cheap in the 3rd world?

Is it just taxes are less?
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #3410
something
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Can anyone tell me why booze is so cheap in the 3rd world?

Is it just taxes are less?
Because if it wasn't, no one would buy it.

Seriously.

But it has a lot to do with taxes, and a lot to do with what people are able/willing to pay for it.
something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 12:33 AM   #3411
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

YYC Deals Alert: Calgary to St. John's, Newfoundland - $347 roundtrip including taxes

I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen an exciting price drop on flights within Canada. This is one of them. Hopefully it's still around in the morning!

Check out March, May, June dates on WestJet.com right now.

(screenshot: total price for 2 adults)

full details: http://www.yycdeals.com/calgary-to-s...ncluding-taxes

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2015, 05:11 PM   #3412
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

WestJet's "Birthday Sale" has some potentially good deals if you have some flexibility and can travel on short notice.

For example, I'm seeing a YYC to Vegas trip as low as $180 (March 2/3 to March 5/6). Odd seeing a one way flight for only $65.32!

https://www.westjet.com/guest/en/dea...eat-sale.shtml
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:24 AM   #3413
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Air Transat is showing a multi-city flight from Calgary to Amsterdam, Paris to Calgary - for $789 roundtrip including taxes. 10 nights, over the May long weekend.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
Old 03-22-2015, 12:00 PM   #3414
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

YYC Deals Alert: Calgary to Sao Paulo, Brazil - $785 roundtrip including taxes

The Star Alliance and Oneworld are currently having a bit of a fare war on flights from Calgary to Sao Paulo, Brazil (GRU).

Airfares are currently down to as low as $785 CAD roundtrip including taxes. It's been many years since roundtrip flights from Western Canada to Brazil have been down into the $700s. Roundtrip flights to Brazil tend to bottom out in the $1000-$1200 range these days. In general, great deals from Calgary to South America are quite rare.

The cheaper dates look to be focused between March 2015 and the third week of June 2015.

blog post with the full details: http://yycdeals.com/calgary-to-sao-p...ncluding-taxes

The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2015, 10:29 AM   #3415
temple5
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I figured I would ask this here.

When travelling to Europe (VIE via FRA) with a infant, is there any specific vaccinations required for entry to Europe or back into Canada?

Our little guy is up to date obviously on all vaccinations and isnt scheduled for the next round until age 1. We leave when he is 10.5 months and return at 11.5 months so we arent planning to vaccinate him early.

However a friend of my wife indicated for travel to/from Europe you need the 1 year vaccinations no matter the age of the infant.

I have never travelled to a different country with an infant before so I dont know if they ask or not about vaccination records. I know I have never been asked about vaccination records on the 4 different EU or 5 SA vacations I have been on.

Google didnt return any decent information when I asked politely

Thanks.
temple5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:35 AM   #3416
tete
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by temple5 View Post
I figured I would ask this here.

When travelling to Europe (VIE via FRA) with a infant, is there any specific vaccinations required for entry to Europe or back into Canada?

Our little guy is up to date obviously on all vaccinations and isnt scheduled for the next round until age 1. We leave when he is 10.5 months and return at 11.5 months so we arent planning to vaccinate him early.

However a friend of my wife indicated for travel to/from Europe you need the 1 year vaccinations no matter the age of the infant.

I have never travelled to a different country with an infant before so I dont know if they ask or not about vaccination records. I know I have never been asked about vaccination records on the 4 different EU or 5 SA vacations I have been on.

Google didnt return any decent information when I asked politely

Thanks.
No, you do not need 1 year vaccinations to travel to Europe. We went to France when my daughter was 8 months old and did not require any further vaccination beyond what she had been given, though we were offered the option of the MMR, which we declined as we would have had to do it again at 1 year anyway if we'd chosen to do so. We've been to 7 different countries with our now 3 year old and we've never been asked about hers or our vaccinations.
tete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:35 PM   #3417
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

YYC Deals Alert: Calgary to Costa Rica - $409 roundtrip including taxes

other Central American countries for $20 more
Belize, Panama, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, and Nicaragua, etc.

Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR) $409
San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) $410
Guatemala City (GUA) $421
San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL) $426
Belize City, Belize (BZE) $429
Roatan, Honduras (RTB) $430
San Pedro Sula, Honduras (SAP) C$430
Tegucigalpa, Honduras (TGU) C$430
Panama City, Panama (PTY) $433
Managua, Nicaragua (MGA) $443

full details: http://www.yycdeals.com/calgary-to-c...es-for-20-more

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2015, 01:00 PM   #3418
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thanks for posting this. Just booked a trip for us for late November. Smokin' deal.

Last edited by dubc80; 04-01-2015 at 01:02 PM.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dubc80 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2015, 01:17 PM   #3419
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

of all those destinations what would be the best recommendation?

Thanks,
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MacDaddy77 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2015, 02:50 PM   #3420
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post
of all those destinations what would be the best recommendation?

Thanks,
It depends on your definition of best, but in general, Costa Rica is where most first time visitors to Central America will go. It has the most tourist infrastructure of all Central American countries, with a lot to see and do.