Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2024, 02:39 PM   #461
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didn't see that last episode coming at all.
Not sure I liked the ending after a great season overall. Mook eating biscuits didn't quite do it for me, though some of the dialogue in that scene was great.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 08:28 AM   #462
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eff Shaw (whether its their fault or not). Every other episode was posted the morning after the airing. After all this talk about the crazy finale, gonna have to just buy the episode on Apple TV.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 09:43 AM   #463
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

And done. Never a fan of final episodes where the story more or less comes to a resolution at the beginning and the remainder is a lot of filler. But Fargo generally does a good job of wrapping up every detail, and the same was done here.

I'll have to think about it more, but still regard seasons 1 and 3 above the others.

And all the exterior shots of their home make it pretty obvious now where it is located in Britannia- don't know how I missed it as I bike, run, or walk down quite regularly. One of the most expensive streets in Calgary, and I believe their home (exterior anyway) is a brand new build. So the home appearing to be under repair was just the actual home being built, and the earlier episodes must have been filmed after with the completed home. Anyway, Im thinking too hard on this but I love location hunting on series filmed here!

edit- fwiw, I saw Kate Beckinsale walking her dog at the dog park at the end of this particular street when she was filming her series here!

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 01-19-2024 at 10:07 AM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 03:07 PM   #464
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Ole is a sin eater. That is a real thing that was done. The ritual they showed him doing was real. He eats the sins of someone so that person can enter heaven.

Ole is defined by his sins.

Dot is not. She moves on with her life despite the tragedy that has happened to her.

Dot gives her food made with love. He eats it and is forgiven.
I get it I just didn't love it

Mid season for Fargo, which is still quite good
Old 01-19-2024, 10:04 PM   #465
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
And done. Never a fan of final episodes where the story more or less comes to a resolution at the beginning and the remainder is a lot of filler. But Fargo generally does a good job of wrapping up every detail, and the same was done here.

I'll have to think about it more, but still regard seasons 1 and 3 above the others.

And all the exterior shots of their home make it pretty obvious now where it is located in Britannia- don't know how I missed it as I bike, run, or walk down quite regularly. One of the most expensive streets in Calgary, and I believe their home (exterior anyway) is a brand new build. So the home appearing to be under repair was just the actual home being built, and the earlier episodes must have been filmed after with the completed home. Anyway, Im thinking too hard on this but I love location hunting on series filmed here!

edit- fwiw, I saw Kate Beckinsale walking her dog at the dog park at the end of this particular street when she was filming her series here!
You lucky bastard!!
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 08:31 AM   #466
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
Got in an elevator in my condo where Christina Hendricks going to walk her dog when I was living when she filmed her series Tin Star here. Bella Ramsay also brought her dog to my office when they were filming LTOU episode 4/5 (where they sleep overnight and look out over the boardroom window). All the celebrities seem to bring their dogs.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 01-23-2024 at 08:34 AM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 08:38 PM   #467
jerichozo
Backup Goalie

Exp:

My friend was a stunt actor on the show.
jerichozo is offline   Reply With Quote