Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #301
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Makes me really happy that Taylor got the start last night then. Looked pretty shaky at times, but managed to tighten up the rest of the game. Nice to see him get his first NHL win. He has done a lot for the Heat, and it is nice to see a guy like this getting rewarded. I expect he will probably get sent down as soon as Kipper is activated.
Yea, i am pretty happy for Taylor getting his first NHL win. That could very well be his last NHL game. If it is his last NHL game at least he can say he got a win. That's a pretty good accomplishment in itself.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #302
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiz View Post
We were very close to a disaster if it wasn't for that Jbo (kinda flukey) block at the end. A bit of a crisis averted to be honest.

Either way, solid game for the Flames. I love what McGrattan added to the team last night. Safe to say that Jackman is obsolete if McGrattan keeps it up?
I honestly don't remember Jackman in the past few games at all. Begin has stood out more lately than Jackman has.

He just doesn't seem to be that 'hard working' guy any more. He is was definitely a VERY effective 4th liner for a while, but seems to have just lost it. McGrattan did more (even outside his fight) than Jackman has for a while.

Hopefully this wakes Jackman up a bit. I think Jackman plays against the Sharks over McGrattan since they don't have a heavyweight, and San Jose isn't all that physical of a team. I would assume he will be skating really hard that game.

I would have thought you would have seen a much improved Jackman this season since Hartley seems to really love being physical and tough (and likes to have a heavyweight on the team apparently).
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #303
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope McGrattan gets the nod over Jackman. Clowe seems to always take runs at Flames players. McGrattan will keep a guy like that more honest.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #304
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
Difference between talking about it and complaining about it. They were talking about the call on AV a lot and given it was a deciding call and AV's reaction to it, of course they're going to talk about it. Blake or Jeff were not complaining about it, but they did say if what AV said was true, the Canucks have a legit beef and if you believe what AV said to be true, that's absolutely the case. Would you not agree?
No I don't agree. A listened to the entire post game, and to me they were whining and complaining about the officiating, not just saying "if" this or "if" that. They talked about how the Canucks were not getting the power play chances, and if I recall even compared the numbers to other teams.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #305
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
No I don't agree. A listened to the entire post game, and to me they were whining and complaining about the officiating, not just saying "if" this or "if" that. They talked about how the Canucks were not getting the power play chances, and if I recall even compared the numbers to other teams.
If you think they were whining and complaining, that's fine, your call.

I was asking if you agree on whether or not if what AV said was true, then would you not agree the Canucks would have a legitimate beef?

You can say he was lying or whatever you want, and I myself believe there's more to AV's story, but if what AV said was the truth, then the Canucks would have a legit beef. Would you not agree with that? That's all I was asking.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #306
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFetish View Post
Lol, at 3:30. I thought Vigneault was a fricken' parrot, what with the high-pitched yells and flapping his arms up and down on the bench.
My god, that was embarrassing to watch.

What a lying goof.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #307
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
My god, that was embarrassing to watch.

What a lying goof.
Pretty funny if you ask me. Really hard to take Vigneault seriously on most days but when you have video of him screaming and their own play by play saying he is screaming at the official it makes his version laughable.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #308
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

He may as well have used a whistle. Regardless of what he said it basically stopped the play lol.
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #309
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
I was asking if you agree on whether or not if what AV said was true, then would you not agree the Canucks would have a legitimate beef?
Sure. But there was no reason for AV to off like he did, bad calls happen all the time what makes this one so different? It's easy to read between the lines, he very likely said more than he is admitting to. Not to mention he can be heard screaming all kinds of crap to the Ref.
Quote:
You can say he was lying or whatever you want, and I myself believe there's more to AV's story, but if what AV said was the truth, then the Canucks would have a legit beef. Would you not agree with that? That's all I was asking.
Fair enough. But why are you trying to defend AV so much here? His team has a credibility problem in the first place, starting with him. His team says they don't dive, direct from the Captain himself. Yet we continue so see the Canucks dive all over the ice, consistently. We've had this discussion before, either AV has no control over his team and what they do, or diving is something they tolerate or even encourage.

Now given the above, excuse me if I don't believe a single word AV says. Maybe a loyal Canucks homer would buy into his nonsense.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #310
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Sure. But there was no reason for AV to off like he did, bad calls happen all the time what makes this one so different? It's easy to read between the lines, he very likely said more than he is admitting to. Not to mention he can be heard screaming all kinds of crap to the Ref.
Fair enough. But why are you trying to defend AV so much here? His team has a credibility problem in the first place, starting with him. His team says they don't dive, direct from the Captain himself. Yet we continue so see the Canucks dive all over the ice, consistently. We've had this discussion before, either AV has no control over his team and what they do, or diving is something they tolerate or even encourage.

Now given the above, excuse me if I don't believe a single word AV says. Maybe a loyal Canucks homer would buy into his nonsense.
Not defending him at all. I clearly stated I believe there's more to the story than what AV said.

Wasn't defending what he did or what he said or anything of the sort.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #311
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

As expected Canuck fans don't show up after a loss. Had they won this site would be infested with Canuck fans wanting to "talk hockey".
puckluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #312
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckluck2 View Post
As expected Canuck fans don't show up after a loss. Had they won this site would be infested with Canuck fans wanting to "talk hockey".
My Facebook feed has been unusually quiet. Typically, the damn thing has three or four obnoxious Canuck fans parroting how awesome they are and the Flames aren't.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #313
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckluck2 View Post
Better keep baiting them then, eh?
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #314
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I missed most of the game last night, but I can only assume the Canucks lost because of them getting to Calgary only 2 hours before game time.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #315
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
I missed most of the game last night, but I can only assume the Canucks lost because of them getting to Calgary only 2 hours before game time.
Vigneault said it was his bench minor that cost them the game.
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #316
AR_Six
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank MetaMusil View Post
Vigneault said it was his bench minor that cost them the game.
Which it was... if that isn't called there's no 3-2 goal and who knows how the rest of the game goes.

I was at the game. He stood on the bench and yelled something indecipherable, and was up there for maybe 2 seconds. I really don't agree with calling that penalty with under 10 minutes left in a tied hockey game. I hate seeing the referees decide a game like that.

It was a tight game and it should've been decided by the players. But the way the officiating has gone this year, there have been more than a couple games that haven't been.
AR_Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #317
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good call. Poor discipline.
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #318
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post
Which it was... if that isn't called there's no 3-2 goal and who knows how the rest of the game goes.

I was at the game. He stood on the bench and yelled something indecipherable, and was up there for maybe 2 seconds. I really don't agree with calling that penalty with under 10 minutes left in a tied hockey game. I hate seeing the referees decide a game like that.

It was a tight game and it should've been decided by the players. But the way the officiating has gone this year, there have been more than a couple games that haven't been.
LOL, was McGrattan's salute worth 10 mins?
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #319
SofaProfessor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Spoke to a friend who was sitting second row behind the Canucks bench. They said he was yelling all kinds of horrible things at the refs. More than just "Bad call" or anything like that. To me, it sounds like he deserved that bench minor and he's probably trying to make it seem like he did nothing wrong because that penalty lost them the game, basically.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #320
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank MetaMusil View Post
LOL, was McGrattan's salute worth 10 mins?
No, but misconducts, especially to enforcers, are penalties that really have no impact on the outcome of the game. If they gave a 2 minute unsportsmanlike conduct I would agree though.

Honestly that is a pretty crap call given the circumstances and the forum here would be livid if it went against the Flames.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote