Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2024, 12:06 AM   #41
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
lol

Outside of instructing them to lose, which no one does I’m not sure what else you want? The team has been stripped of a bunch of talent. They have sucked since the deadline. No team no matter how bad goes winless. The players still get paid a lot and they usually want to win regardless of what management is doing.
That’s fair and I get that, but why are we in here celebrating a win that makes the Flames worse? Playoffs are out of the picture. If Zary or someone like that managed the 3 goals, great. I wouldn’t be commenting negatively about it. This guy is not going to be part of the next good Flames team; he’s a cap dump from Vancouver of all places.
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 12:07 AM   #42
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh man, butterly's posts were annoying before, now it's down right irritating.
Old 04-13-2024, 12:09 AM   #43
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
Did I ever say or imply anything of the kind? No, I did not.

Whose goal? It isn't the team's. It certainly isn't mine. In fact, I don't have any goals for the team, because unlike a few crazycakes fans, I know I have no influence over anything the team does. I'm just here to watch hockey and yak about it afterwards.

I don't know how to break this to you, but the principal purpose of a hockey team is not to win the Stanley Cup. Only one team per year gets to do that.

The principal purpose of a hockey team is to entertain people. Kuzmenko is a highly entertaining hockey player.

Oh, I forgot. You hated him for political reasons before he ever became a Calgary Flame, so naturally you have to blame everything that happens or might happen on him personally.

Be that as it may, it's not any part of his job, or any player's job, to lose games on purpose. You're dumping on him for doing what he was hired to do.
Hate to break it to you, but there’s nothing political about not wanting an LGBTphobe on your favorite hockey team. You’re allowed to disagree about taxes and health care while respecting others.
Old 04-13-2024, 12:10 AM   #44
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Coronato was really close to a highlight of the year type goal in the 2nd.

Puck on a string all shift, outbattled Gudas for the puck back, tap dances Gudas shortly after at the blueline, dekeing inside the next Duck, but just missed the top corner.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 12:12 AM   #45
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
That’s fair and I get that, but why are we in here celebrating a win that makes the Flames worse? Playoffs are out of the picture. If Zary or someone like that managed the 3 goals, great. I wouldn’t be commenting negatively about it. This guy is not going to be part of the next good Flames team; he’s a cap dump from Vancouver of all places.
Why does it matter who scored? Scoring goals is fun. If we are going to suck I would rather suck playing in entertaining games with lots of goals.

I don’t see much celebration. It’s 3 pages.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 12:14 AM   #46
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hate to break it to you, but there’s nothing political about not wanting an LGBTphobe on your favorite hockey team. You’re allowed to disagree about taxes and health care while respecting others.
Hate to break it to you, but it is most definitely a political issue. There are people who genuinely disagree with letting biological men play women's sports, and there are people who are genuinely horrified by surgically mutilating children who are too young to give informed consent. But according to people like you, anyone who takes those positions is an ‘LGBTphobe’ and deserves to be hated and lose his job.
Old 04-13-2024, 12:15 AM   #47
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
Why does it matter who scored? Scoring goals is fun. If we are going to suck I would rather suck playing in entertaining games with lots of goals.

I don’t see much celebration. It’s 3 pages.
I guess it really doesn’t matter, but I’d feel a lot more enthusiastic if a young Flame player did it who would be part of our future. This guy is playing for money on the next contract which is hopefully not signed by Conroy.
Old 04-13-2024, 12:17 AM   #48
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even if Kuzmenko isn’t destined to be a long term Flame, every goal he scores increases his trade value. So cheer the goals.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 12:18 AM   #49
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I guess it really doesn’t matter, but I’d feel a lot more enthusiastic if a young Flame player did it who would be part of our future. This guy is playing for money on the next contract which is hopefully not signed by Conroy.
He's also increasing his trade value, which makes it more likely that Conroy can move him for an asset that will be a significant part of the team's future. One would think you would approve of that – but you just have to hate the guy no matter what.

Would you be happier if he never scored any goals at all, and walked for nothing as a UFA because nobody wanted him?
Old 04-13-2024, 12:29 AM   #50
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 04-13-2024, 12:34 AM   #51
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Normally, I'd see a flames win and an oilers loss as an EXCELLENT night. Tonight hits a bit different, given the projected playoff matchups and the flames potential draft position.

Ah, who am I kidding, an oilers loss is always a great night. And good for kuzmenko.
3rd liner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 3rd liner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 12:39 AM   #52
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
Hate to break it to you, but it is most definitely a political issue. There are people who genuinely disagree with letting biological men play women's sports, and there are people who are genuinely horrified by surgically mutilating children who are too young to give informed consent. But according to people like you, anyone who takes those positions is an ‘LGBTphobe’ and deserves to be hated and lose his job.
Go wear your Kuzmenko jersey to Edmonton, block the Deerfoot trail with a truck, and tell Danielle Smith about it.
Old 04-13-2024, 12:45 AM   #53
NewFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Conroy, please re-sign Pospisil and Kylington before season ends. Pospisil become my favorite player this year. I like young guys but Pospisil is one of those rare player who we didn't have many last few years.
NewFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 12:48 AM   #54
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Go wear your Kuzmenko jersey to Edmonton, block the Deerfoot trail with a truck, and tell Danielle Smith about it.
See, now, I knew you were bound to respond with just this kind of emotional spew.

You're unhinged on the subject of Kuzmenko, and you have an unlimited hatred of anyone who does not agree 100% with your ideology.
Old 04-13-2024, 12:48 AM   #55
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFan View Post
Conroy, please re-sign Pospisil and Kylington before season ends. Pospisil become my favorite player this year. I like young guys but Pospisil is one of those rare player who we didn't have many last few years.
Pospisil's already done, fortunately. Two more years at $1m per.
Old 04-13-2024, 12:49 AM   #56
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't think it makes him an LGBTphobe for not wearing the jersey. In his statement he said after consulting with his family, it was best that he didn't wear it in the warm up. It makes him a phobe of the current Russian regime. LGBTQ+ has been labelled a terrorist movement in Russia and he or his family could literally be prosecuted for supporting the initiative. We don't know the specifics about the discussion with his family or the decision. For all we know, he has a gay family member and they didn't want to bring attention to their family name. Maybe things are more complicated than anyone knows.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 04-13-2024 at 12:52 AM.
FlamesAddiction is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 12:51 AM   #57
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I don't think it makes him an LGBTphobe for not wearing the jersey. In his statement he said after consulting with his family, it was best that he didn't wear it in the warm up. It make him a phobe of the current Russian regime.
One might point out that a phobia is defined as an irrational fear. For a Russian to be afraid of his country's current regime strikes me as perfectly rational.
Old 04-13-2024, 02:09 AM   #58
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kuzmenko is the most entertaining Flame in years - love him!

39 goals last year
15 goal pace under Tocchet
41 goal pace in CGY

Cap dump? Or a 40-goal guy who didn't fit under one coach?

Another homerun trade for Conroy
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 02:14 AM   #59
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
Lose the next two please
Except I'll be at the game in van first since 2013. It's also on my Birthday which is immensely rare .

It's the only game this year outside vs Oilers I actually care lol
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 02:22 AM   #60
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 04-13-2024 at 08:53 AM.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote