Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2014, 07:28 AM   #241
waner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemit14 View Post
I agree. I am happy that the flames have been responding that way. I would gladly see them take a penalty for it to prove a point.

I would love it if the flames took it to a whole other level though... I'm talking about targeting somebody like pacioretty all night for what he did... I'm talking about shifting the line-matching so that the most physical guys are sent out there against him the rest of the night with the direction that he gets harassed and hit every chance they get. All game long - puck or no puck. Heck... I would love to see the return of the bench-clearing brawl in response to any cheap shot on one of the kids. I know the rules these days have pretty much killed that and it's unlikely to ever return but man I miss those days. Would be so proud of the whole team if the flames just went for it one day.

The team has the physical guys to make players accountable and it's soooo frustrating to see a guy like emelin sucker punch gaudreau in the side of the head for no reason and there be no consequence for it. If mcgrattan is in the line up against the Habs next game, I would love to see him return the favour.
Shift matching Bollig-McGrattan against the Pacioretty line would be Montreals dream scenario. If that is what we are going to do because of a face wash to Gaudreau talented players from the opposition should/would face wash him all the time so they get the chance to rack up the points playing against McGrattan all game.

Having guys take dumb penalties for hits after the whistle/without the puck are also going to be great for the other team and not stop anyone from taking liberties with the "kids."

The best way to make teams accountable is to score on PP's when they take liberties and get called or to have the kids not back down when something happens.

The dream of McGrattan skating around and everyone cowering is a myth. Guys in the NHL want to be on the ice when McGrattan is so they can skate circles around him and score.
waner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:33 AM   #242
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Nope, not at all. This is pretty par for the course for Millions unfortunately. Trying desperately to be an insider, and failing consistently. Roger is great at hosting, giving stories context, asking good questions, but he's pretty terrible at judging which information is real and what isn't.

Again, would be fine if this is a one off, but it's a pattern with Millions. Don't see why me calling a member of the media out on this justifies you saying "I have a problem". Try to act like an adult Vulcan. You obviously have an issue with me, but try not to be childish about it and grow up.
Yeah, right. I ask you a simple question when you make a stupid remark and you resort to name calling. Very mature of you. The only thing I've learned, other than noticing you have a big problem with Millions, is that you are just wasting my time.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:47 AM   #243
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Yeah, right. I ask you a simple question when you make a stupid remark and you resort to name calling. Very mature of you. The only thing I've learned, other than noticing you have a big problem with Millions, is that you are just wasting my time.
Yeah, you're right. Ending a post by randomly insinuating I have a problem is the mature route. Congrats, guy.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote