Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2022, 12:52 PM   #81
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

On workday mornings I have a piece of PB&J toast. I've done that as far back as I can remember...at least since 2006 when I was in uni. I feel like Steinbrenner..
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2022, 01:11 PM   #82
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
On workday mornings I have a piece of PB&J toast. I've done that as far back as I can remember...at least since 2006 when I was in uni. I feel like Steinbrenner..
Next time, try a Calzone!
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 07:24 PM   #83
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I have decided that only the healthy people on CP post in this thread.

Not a single person has a bowl of Frosted Flakes for breakfast every morning?

No, that's the 9:45pm snack
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 08:32 AM   #84
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

To preface this, I have to mention that I'm up quite early every morning because of kids (5:30-6 a.m.), and we often have dinner around 6-6:30 p.m. the night before. I don't snack after dinner, but I do usually fix myself at least one scotch.

I cannot fathom not eating breakfast. I don't eat a ton, but I get quite hungry by mid-morning if I haven't eaten breakfast, and then I eat a little too much at lunch because of that.

Typically, I get up and immediately down a big glass of water. The sensation of hunger can be minimized by having enough water in your digestive tract, and your hydration levels in general. Then I have at least 2 big cups of coffee before I get on with child care, dog walking, exercise etc.

After all that, I have either a bowl of oatmeal or a bowl of high fiber/low sugar cereal with milk if I'm really hungry. Sometimes I will supplement with a banana or apple. On the weekend I'll allow for some eggs with cheese and some toast or half a bagel one day.

That's it, but if I don't have it my whole day is thrown off.

I wonder how much of our eating boils down to habits rather than physical needs? I also recognize that everyone is a little different in their physical needs too, so the varied responses in this thread shouldn't surprise anyone, but the number of intermittent fasters surprises me a little.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2022, 04:40 PM   #85
bluck
First Line Centre

Exp:

Week 3 of intermittent fasting and it's going okay so far. As some mentioned, what's helped me has been a big glass of water as soon as I wake up and then 2 cups of black coffee to get me though lunch.

I'm really trying to shed some pounds so I try and keep lunch around 500-600 cals, usually a salad with chicken or a turkey sandwich. I then go for a walk during my lunch hour for the full hour and a mid day walk as well. That usually burns around 500 cals in total and burns off my lunch.

I then get home from work, slam a protein shake, go to the gym and then settle down with dinner. Lately thats been chicken fajitas.

In the evening, I usually have some fruit or if I'm really hungry a slice of bread with peanut butter and jam. Rinse and repeat.
bluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 05:01 PM   #86
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluck View Post
Week 3 of intermittent fasting and it's going okay so far. As some mentioned, what's helped me has been a big glass of water as soon as I wake up and then 2 cups of black coffee to get me though lunch.

I'm really trying to shed some pounds so I try and keep lunch around 500-600 cals, usually a salad with chicken or a turkey sandwich. I then go for a walk during my lunch hour for the full hour and a mid day walk as well. That usually burns around 500 cals in total and burns off my lunch.

I then get home from work, slam a protein shake, go to the gym and then settle down with dinner. Lately thats been chicken fajitas.

In the evening, I usually have some fruit or if I'm really hungry a slice of bread with peanut butter and jam. Rinse and repeat.
If you increase your consumption of healthy fats while decreasing the carbs (especially sugar), you'll likely find intermittent fasting quite a bit easier as well as aiding you in weight loss. And, if you can swing it, get your eating down to just two sessions - everytime you eat or snack, you're spiking your insulin and that is one of the key benefits of intermittent fasting but you're undoing it somewhat with your shake and your evening snack.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 10:44 AM   #87
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Usually a fruit smoothie on workdays, but on weekends it's the eggs, toast, bacon/sausage deal.