Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #61
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada 02 View Post
it would be awesome for the Flames re-build if their top scorers were kids like it is for the Habs
If Hartley put them on the ice for more than 11 mins/game, they probably would be.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #62
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
... just because the herald listed the lines in some order doesn't make that those lines are going to be used in that priority either in terms of competition or icetime.
Exactly. Doesn't look like any #1 line there to me, Hartley will probably just look to see which of the top lines are playing well tonight and start to lean towards giving them more minutes and more PP time. Plus, there's nothing to say he couldn't shuffle the lines up if things aren't going well. I definitely wouldn't call Street our #1 center, as I don't think we have any true #1 line at the moment.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #63
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
If Hartley put them on the ice for more than 11 mins/game, they probably would be.
Well Hertl can score 4 goals in 11 minutes of ice time, what's Sven's excuse?
J epworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #64
Henry Fool
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to say that so far Colborne has looked younger than his age. Like he's still growing and getting used to his body or something.

Tons of good center options in the minors.
Henry Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #65
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hard to mess with (relative) success, but I thought the plan was to play the goalie who was winning games. Ramo got benched for a shootout loss, so why is Mac playing after an OTL? Also, I realize it's only been two games, but I've been pretty unimpressed with Colbourne. If he doesn't pick it up, I hope Knight or Reinhart are the 1st call on the Rolodex.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #66
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Eller, Galchenyuk and Gallagher have about one year development on Backlund, Baertchi and Monahan; the three Habs were averaged 12-14 min a year ago, and closer to 10-11 min at the start of last season, especially for Galchenyuk and Gallagher
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #67
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J epworth kendal View Post
Well Hertl can score 4 goals in 11 minutes of ice time, what's Sven's excuse?
Probably the same excuse as 99% of guys that get 11 mins of ice time...... not enough ice time. Rather than the 1 outlier example of a guy who has had a couple of good games with that kind of ice time? Maybe?
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #68
t-bag22
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Go flames go. can't believe I turned down tix for tonight!!!
t-bag22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #69
herashak
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Monahan and baertschi are getting butter soft minutes. 11-12 minutes is enough for them right now. by the end of the year i hope they are getting 15-17 mins + pp and a bit tougher assignments.
herashak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #70
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
It is dark days when our first line centre is Ben Street.
Having a mini flashback to the Shantz days.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #71
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Hate for the Flames to lose, but hopefully Macdonald gets driven from the net and right to the waiver wire.
Yes! Instead of hoping he has a good game and plays better, let's hope the Flames lose just to get rid of a goalie.
the2bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #72
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Centre Ice channels for:
Tuesday, October 9

Montreal Canadiens at Calgary Flames 1800h, 6:00pm Mountain
Flames feed in red

Game is on TSN in Canada, therefore it is not on Centre Ice.

USA
Indemand - Game 4 SD Game HD4
Directv - 769 SD No HD
Dish - 887 SD No HD

Sirius Radio-- Siri 211
XM Radio-- XM 212
SXM Radio-- SXM 211

Game is also on RDS in french.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #73
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

If there is one team in the NHL that I despise it's the Habs. I don't know how they do it but for years they manage to ice teams with such unappealing players, Plekanec, Pacioretty, Price, Gionta, the list of mediocre NHL talent goes on and on.

I hope the Flames crush these losers.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flames_fan_down_under For This Useful Post:
_Q_
Old 10-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #74
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Probably the same excuse as 99% of guys that get 11 mins of ice time...... not enough ice time. Rather than the 1 outlier example of a guy who has had a couple of good games with that kind of ice time? Maybe?
How can you not tell that was an obvious joke?
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jroc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #75
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Thank goodness you are here with the magic coaching fixes. Did you email Hartley and let him know that any player he wants more production out of him, give him more ice time? I really think you should.

Suggest to him that he keeps our best offensive players on the ice all game long, if they never get off the ice, their production simply has to go up right?
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #76
BruceCody
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
Quote:
The Pairings
*M. Giordano-T. Brodie
*K. Russell-D. Wideman
*C. Butler-S.O’Brien
Why
because Shane O'Brien can play on right wing

Last edited by BruceCody; 10-09-2013 at 11:06 AM.
BruceCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #77
Pontine
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!
I might get mad if I hear this tonight XD
Pontine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pontine For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #78
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aaron Vickers@AAVickers1m
Expect Sean Monahan to play each of Calgary's first nine games of the season. No plans to sit the kid. The decision will come quickly.

Aaron Vickers@AAVickers1m
Hartley on putting Monahan in the press box to observe a game: “The way that he plays right now, I don’t see why we would do it."

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #79
Zamboniman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Predictions for tonight's game:

- Some woman will use the gathering of thousands of people to force her way onto the ice prior to faceoff and show off her singing skills by belting out some old song about being commanded by someone's sons. Kinda weird.

- In a display of fall festivities, a warning of the winter about to come, and a reminder of the flood, the remaining inch or two of flood water in the centre of the building will be frozen into ice. This will force participants in subsequent activities to wear ice skates.

- A large, apparently feral but mostly tame, dog will roam the building unimpeded and unsupervised, causing mayhem and much laughter as the confused mutt climbs over railings, attempts to steal food, and slips on the ice during intermissions. It's uncertain why Animal Services will not be called.

- A large guy in Section 213, Row 12 will drink far too much beer. His wife will be disgusted with him.

- During one of the TV timeouts, a few shameless folks will use the excuse of the roaming cameras to smooch publicly and on the big screen. Disgusting!

- Some of the guys wearing skates will say bad words. Some of the younger kids in the first few rows will be amused, shocked, or confused.

- Some fellow named Peter will describe the activities, as they occur, of the fellows wearing skates. All as it happens. This will be sent out via radio waves to all of Southern Alberta and via internet to the entire world. Very strange.

- The same thing will happen for television. Even weirder since the people listening to the description can also see exactly what's happening.

- A player will fall down.

- Some kid in section 120 will spill their popcorn and their father will refuse to buy them more. The kid will pout for a minute or so, then forget all about it after watching the feral mutt.

- The group of participants wearing darker colored sweaters will deposit chunks of vulcanized rubber into their opponents net-covered metal frame using shaped composite material partially covered with tape a bit more frequently than the participants wearing light colored sweaters. This will apparently entertain the viewers a great deal. Strangely, despite the sweater colors, both groups of participants will have a large letter C on the front.
Zamboniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #80
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Exactly. Doesn't look like any #1 line there to me, Hartley will probably just look to see which of the top lines are playing well tonight and start to lean towards giving them more minutes and more PP time. Plus, there's nothing to say he couldn't shuffle the lines up if things aren't going well. I definitely wouldn't call Street our #1 center, as I don't think we have any true #1 line at the moment.
From the moment we traded Iginla and Tanguay, it was obvious there is no first line on this team. Folks really need to be a little more flexible between some of the old notions of a '1st line' and 'checking 3rd line'.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anduril For This Useful Post:

Tags
gtd , keepgettingpoints , winwinwinwinwinwinwinwin