Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2022, 10:34 AM   #1
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Urgent! Best Place in Calgary to Buy Crazy Cereal

Ok, not urgent sorry.

I just built a jigsaw puzzle that was a photo of a bunch of 1980s General Mills crazy cereals. I went to Sobey's and was disappointed. Stock person said they adjust inventory at each store to reflect what actually sells there.

So my question is where can I buy the crazy super saturated cereals of my childhood? Anyone know?

I'm thinking Boo Berry, Yummy Mummy, Fruit Brute, Cookie Crisp, Franken Berry, Rocky Road, etc.

Last edited by Badgers Nose; 02-26-2022 at 10:44 AM.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 11:30 AM   #2
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Trust Convenience has a ton of hard to find or imported foods, but you pay a premium.
mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mac_82 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2022, 01:14 PM   #3
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Candy stores might be your best bet for the Franken Berry's and what not. The one on Richmond Road, Kensington, or the new one in South Centre. Also the one in Airdrie.
I can't say for sure they'll have them, but often that's where you'll find that stuff.
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2022, 01:16 PM   #4
FlameyMcFlameFace
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

100% specialized candy stores
FlameyMcFlameFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 02:03 PM   #5
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Pretty sure the monster cereals have not been available in Canada for maybe 30 years except for once a year during Halloween when I see Count Chocula at Superstore. Really seems like they've changed the ingredients though, just does not taste the same.

Sometimes what we get here in Canada is different than the US counterparts, when Fruity Pebbles were available here they were made from corn when the US version was always rice.
Engine09 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Engine09 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2022, 03:58 PM   #6
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgers Nose View Post
Ok, not urgent sorry.

I just built a jigsaw puzzle that was a photo of a bunch of 1980s General Mills crazy cereals. I went to Sobey's and was disappointed. Stock person said they adjust inventory at each store to reflect what actually sells there.

So my question is where can I buy the crazy super saturated cereals of my childhood? Anyone know?

I'm thinking Boo Berry, Yummy Mummy, Fruit Brute, Cookie Crisp, Franken Berry, Rocky Road, etc.
Found this at co-op a while back and decided to buy a box for some nostalgia.

It was disgusting.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2022, 04:10 PM   #7
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Found this at co-op a while back and decided to buy a box for some nostalgia.

It was disgusting.
Yes I picked up some Count Chocula pre covid down in the US for my foster kids to try, they were absolutely stoked when they saw the box, they maybe managed two bowls before declaring it was disgusting and could I pick up some cinnamon toast crunch
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2022, 03:46 PM   #8
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
Yes I picked up some Count Chocula pre covid down in the US for my foster kids to try, they were absolutely stoked when they saw the box, they maybe managed two bowls before declaring it was disgusting and could I pick up some cinnamon toast crunch
Yep, that's the good stuff. I bounce back and forth between that and Reese's when I'm in the mood for junk cereal.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 03:49 PM   #9
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgers Nose View Post
Ok, not urgent sorry.

Are you sure these are products that are even sold in Canada? Is this puzzle from the US?

I have never heard of these despite growing up in the 80s and in Western Canada and was a cereal fiend leading to junior high obesity.

I watched a lot of TV as a kid and I know I've never seen these in a commercial in Canada.

Is this a Eastern/American thing? Canada has always had very different cereals. Compare our Corn Pops (dry round balls) to American Corn Pops (glazed footballs) I remember wanting Cookie Crisp (only one I recognize) from ABC Saturday Morning cartoon commercials and noticed they finally started selling it up here in Canada 30 years later. When I finally got to try it on a Spokane trip in the 90s, I found it was gross.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 02-28-2022 at 03:52 PM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote