Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #1041
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
LOL

Okay then.

Don't think a guy emasculated team so I don't understand hockey. I guess that pathetic line of thinking makes it easier for you to dismiss people that don't agree with you on everything but it is about the dumbest/laziest way to argue a point when it comes to sports. Only slightly better than the I played AAA did you arguement that comes out every once and awhile.
I have never dismissed someone like that on this board until today. It's not a throwaway comment I just gave to you. That comment was from the accumulation of ridiculous statements I have witnessed you give on this board since I joined in 2008. I've been 5 years giving you the benefit of the doubt, actually defending your comments sometimes, taking you as the devil's advocate.

This Gaudreau dismissing by you though was just the straw that broke the camels back. Seriously, just take that third USA goal alone by Gaudreau, forget about any other play that game, that goal emasculates the team. It broke the fricken spirit of the team. They knew they couldn't come back from a 3-0 deficit. That's the definition of an emasculating play.

But back to the main point, there just comes a time where you lose all credibility in my mind, and today was that point. It's most definitely not a "I Don't think a guy emasculated team so I don't understand hockey". It's way, way, more than that, and today just happened to be the day when I finally just got convinced that you really, really, just don't see the game the same way that 99% of the rest of the fans see it.
J epworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #1042
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J epworth kendal View Post
today just happened to be the day when I finally just got convinced that you really, really, just don't see the game the same way that 99% of the rest of the fans see it.
You are welcome to your opinions and if you are going to post like this then I am happy that it appears you won't be responding to me in the future but this last line is 100% BS.

Despite my reputation for the most part (well over 50% probably around 80%) my posts on CP are agreed with by many and are very mundane typical CP posts. It is just that lately based on people's perception of me my posts get blown up into things they aren't.

I thought Gaudreau very good that game, probably the best player for either team. I didn't think he emasculated team Canada and didn't think he was step above everyone else. That really isn't a crazy statement and probably not that different from what a lot of hockey people thought after watching the game as well.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #1043
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hockey East:
Quote:
This week's @Warrior Player of the Week is @BCHockeyNews fwd Johnny Gaudreau (@johngaudreau03).
Quote:
Gaudreau scored 3 goals and added 4 assists in two games last weekend, as BC posted wins at BU (5-1) and vs Army (11-0).
https://twitter.com/hockey_east

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #1044
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gaudreau is second in college scoring, one point in arrears but has a game in hand.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/overall/d...men/2013-2014/

Arnold is tied for 8th.

and yeah, using the word "emasculation" of Team Canada is over the top.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #1045
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
...Despite my reputation for the most part (well over 50% probably around 80%) my posts on CP are agreed with by many and are very mundane typical CP posts. It is just that lately based on people's perception of me my posts get blown up into things they aren't...
Really? Are you honestly going to claim that you are being unfairly stereotyped based on misconceptions and poor perceptions?

No. Your public persona has been well earned, but let's not confuse why people consider you a negative pessimist. It is not because most of your posts are "negative" (although I do think it is quite possibly so). It is rather that you make it a point to quell optimism, and you very frequently will go out of your way to exaggerate the downside of positive claims as they pertain specifically to the Calgary Flames. For example?

CP concensus: "The Smid trade was a really good one."
moon: "I guess, but he doesn't move the puck well, and is not a great skater."

CP concensus: "Gaudreau is a dominant prospect with a high offensive ceiling."
moon: "Sure, but he is not as good as you think he is."

I can understand some of this, but you do it with SUCH regularity and to SUCH extremes some times, that it honestly looks as though you really are intent to foster misery among Flames fans. I guess what I am curious to know is why you can't just leave well enough alone. When people are excited, or when they make points to emphasise positive elements of this hockey team, you really don't need to persistently provide any correction. Sometimes, there really is no need for someone to point to "cold, hard reality".

You should try it some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 11-11-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #1046
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
...and yeah, using the word "emasculation" of Team Canada is over the top.
Maybe. But does it require anyone to point that out? Sometimes the better course of action is just to leave well enough alone.

Quote:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #1047
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Gaudreau is second in college scoring, one point in arrears but has a game in hand.

Arnold is tied for 8th.

It's a ####ing adjective.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #1048
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think those last two goals should earn the first ever cursing prospect thread title.

"John F***ing Gaudreau"
Old 11-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #1049
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Maybe. But does it require anyone to point that out? Sometimes the better course of action is just to leave well enough alone.
Well I would have left it alone as just some idiot poorly expressing himself but since it became a subject to be discussed, I chimed in.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #1050
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Really? Are you honestly going to claim that you are being unfairly stereotyped based on misconceptions and poor perceptions?
As evidenced here:

Quote:
CP concensus: "The Smid trade was a really good one."
moon: "I guess, but he doesn't move the puck well, and is not a great skater."
I said I liked the Smid deal and that the Flames won it. You focus instead about a comment made when discussing the type of player Smid is. (and I don't think I commented on his skating)

Quote:
I guess what I am curious to know is why you can't just leave well enough alone. When people are excited, or when they make points to emphasise positive elements of this hockey team, you really don't need to persistently provide any correction. Sometimes, there really is no need for someone to point to "cold, hard reality".
I leave plenty alone and make my comments when I feel like it. Not sure why I should hold back just because you and some others don't like my opinion.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #1051
thymebalm
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm pretty sure he led the tournament in goal scoring, so pick whatever adjective you want, he played pretty darn well against the top group of his peers. I also recall a gold medal... so yea, that's two easy #1's to attach next to his name from that tournament.

Johnny is unreal. You can tell he's unreal because the opinion of him isn't driven by this forum, or even flames fans in general. It's driven from the college hockey community and the scouting world. You don't have to go to a Flames bias site to find a "Johnny frickin Gaudreau" style thread.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...s-van-riemsdyk

Top contender for Hobey Baker. What are we even arguing about here.

This thread is specifically to celebrate the success and discuss the potential ceiling for a promising prospect. If it doesn't thrill you, click the little x button in the top corner of your window.

moon: 90% of what you post (your little bickerings) should be PMs. Don't flood my favorite threads with your drivel.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #1052
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
...I leave plenty alone and make my comments when I feel like it. Not sure why I should hold back just because you and some others don't like my opinion.
You can go ahead and post what you want, but I would recommend not following up with complaints about how you are being unfairly perceived. If you come across like a sour grouse, well, own it.

Quote:

Last edited by Textcritic; 11-11-2013 at 11:35 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #1053
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I don't think anyone took your question wrong - it was a valid question that needs to be asked.

It's just that the answers are all so overwhelmingly positive from the people that see him a lot. This kid doesn't just do these things every once in a while, he literally does it every game.

As for him being fine for 5 months - absolutely. When I said get him out of there ASAP, I meant in 5 months. Any longer, i.e. another year, would be detrimental to his development.

But even in 5 months, he is at risk of developing bad habits. He is simply too good for the NCAA at this point.

Totally agree, I think I was the one who misread things. Great points.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #1054
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymebalm View Post
moon: 90% of what you post (your little bickerings) should be PMs. Don't flood my favorite threads with your drivel.
Feel free to not read or ignore them then.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #1055
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Janko 13th in goals too.

Quote:

Arnold is tied for 8th.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #1056
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hmm Calgary Flames property #1 and #2, things are looking good..
We've gone from being worst in the league at prospects to what, top 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymebalm View Post
I'm pretty sure he led the tournament in goal scoring, so pick whatever adjective you want, he played pretty darn well against the top group of his peers. I also recall a gold medal... so yea, that's two easy #1's to attach next to his name from that tournament.

Johnny is unreal. You can tell he's unreal because the opinion of him isn't driven by this forum, or even flames fans in general. It's driven from the college hockey community and the scouting world. You don't have to go to a Flames bias site to find a "Johnny frickin Gaudreau" style thread.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013...s-van-riemsdyk

Top contender for Hobey Baker. What are we even arguing about here.

This thread is specifically to celebrate the success and discuss the potential ceiling for a promising prospect. If it doesn't thrill you, click the little x button in the top corner of your window.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #1057
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well I would have left it alone as just some idiot poorly expressing himself but since it became a subject to be discussed, I chimed in.
For the third time, it's an adjective. Now you can either get hung up on whether it's the word YOU in your infinite wisdom would've used, or you could see it as a synonym for any number of overused words used to describe athletic performance ie Dominant etc. Or just gfy.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #1058
Goodlad
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
Top 15 definitely, maybe top 10. We're still missing some of the really high-end prospects needed to be in the top-5 I think, especially on the back end.
Goodlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #1059
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Mike Morreale ‏@mikemorrealeNHL 38s Calgry Flames prospect Johnny Gaudreau, the nation's leading point scorer (9-9-18), was named Hockey East Plyr of the Wk (3-4-7 in 2 gms).
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #1060
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
According to the most recent HF article the Flames are 13th
Vinny01 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
gaudreaumania