Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-12-2017, 02:09 PM   #1
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Shaw Smartvoice

Anyone have experience with the Shaw Smartvoice phone system for business? Our phone system is about a decade past EOL, and Telus are absolute criminals($1.10 per minute to call Edmonton!) so we are looking at switching. Prices seem reasonable enough, and we will get new phones with it, for less than we pay Telus. Also looking at opinions on their conference solution.

Thanks!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I looked into this but my company shot it down which probably means it would have been a good idea to do it. I liked what Shaw had to say about it but I have no real experience with it. If you do go this route let me know how it goes.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Galakanokis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #3
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any particular reason why it was shot down?
Old 01-12-2017, 05:07 PM   #4
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

My company is stupid, pretty much. I am controlled out of Toronto and LA and their level of interest in us is pretty low until we want to spend money. They wanted to avoid any install costs and I wanted Shaw fiber in as well. Went with a system controlled by a third party that actually ends up costing us more per year than Shaw would have even with the install costs.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Galakanokis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #5
gasman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I just went through this. We have an IT contractor and their opinion was that Shaw Smartvoice was a terrible product.

We ended up going with RingCentral.ca They were cheaper than Shaw and provided unlimited conference calling (which you don't get with shaw), infact every line you install gets a dedicated conference number so if you need 10 lines you could, in theory run 10 parallel conference calls.

Virtual receptionist was included, and they have a killer app which you can use and you don't need to use desk phones, or you can use any SIP phone on the market.

FYI going though my IT contractor we received 25% off the posted prices they have on their website.
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gasman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2017, 03:04 PM   #6
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ended up going with the Shaw phone, just too good a deal and easy for the changeover, as we had a fairly complicated setup. The install went mostly well, and the switch over was quick. We also have awesome phones with touchscreens, and fancy features like call display, and voicemail to email. Ya, we were stuck in the 90's before. We will save hundreds per month, too.

Best part? Talking to Telus retention's and getting the sad "we are sorry to hear" shtick.

I'll try to post a review after we have some experience with it, but happy with it as of now. Voice quality is fantastic. Any questions, let me know.