Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2016, 10:06 AM   #1981
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
So they are doing the Jaime in the Riverlands storyline and they specifically mentioned the BWB. I think we're definitely getting Lady Stoneheart this season.
And hopefully some trick shots from Anguy.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:59 AM   #1982
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

GRRM read a new Damphair (Aeron Greyjoy) Chapter last weekend at BaltiCon. It was not the usual exposition type chapter. It was eventful. Before he started reading, he advised that all the children in attendance should be taken out of the room and that Ramsay fans would enjoy it, so yeah, it's one of those chapters.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...VCLsKXzxU/edit
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saillias For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2016, 01:34 PM   #1983
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Randyl Tarly was perfect. I can't wait to see more of that character.

Glad they are using the Riverlands Siege story. Jaime should learn some diplomacy from this encounter.

I'm actually thinking that Lady Stoneheart may happen. That is going to make for some very, very interesting show-only reactions.

When the description of the show said "an old foe returns", I was thinking it may have been the Hound. I'm glad it wasn't, because it gives me some hope that some of the crazy storylines from the books will make their way into the show.

I'm guessing season 6 ends with the reveal of Stoneheart.
Cersei talked about a trial by combat. I assume she will use The Mountain. Is it possibly foreshadowing to the Mountain versus the Hound?
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2016, 04:15 PM   #1984
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Randyl Tarly was perfect. I can't wait to see more of that character.

Glad they are using the Riverlands Siege story. Jaime should learn some diplomacy from this encounter.

I'm actually thinking that Lady Stoneheart may happen. That is going to make for some very, very interesting show-only reactions.

When the description of the show said "an old foe returns", I was thinking it may have been the Hound. I'm glad it wasn't, because it gives me some hope that some of the crazy storylines from the books will make their way into the show.

I'm guessing season 6 ends with the reveal of Stoneheart.
Yep. I think by epidsode 8 the Hound's survival will be revealed. Episode 9 will feature the #######-bowl (maybe the whole 60 minutes ala the wall seige?) And Episode 10 will start with the Cleganes facing off in trial by combat (with some long time karma finally coming back to bite Cersei?), and ending with Stoneheart being revealed, for the big annual cliffhanger.

If she does return, soon the Starks will be comprised of undead zombies wreaking havoc. Also an Arya armed with faces returning to Westeros? And people thought the white walkers were the ones to fear....
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #1985
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't read the books but this is from Wiki but Lady Stoneheart better not exist. That would be absurd.

Quote:
In an attempt to save her son's life, Catelyn takes Aegon Frey hostage and kills him when Roose Bolton kills Robb regardless, but she still has her throat slashed by Raymund Frey. Three days later, Catelyn is resurrected by Lord Beric Dondarrion, who sacrifices his life force to revive her. However, the period of time she spent deceased has caused Catelyn's body to decay; furthermore, upon her reanimation, she loses most of her previous personality, except for her hatred of House Frey. Catelyn then assumes command of Dondarrion's outlaw band, the Brotherhood Without Banners, and changes their aim to exterminating House Frey. Her uncompromising brutality earns her the moniker "Lady Stoneheart".
A Feast for Crows[edit]
Stoneheart and the Brotherhood come across a small party led by Brienne, who informs Stoneheart that she is searching for Sansa at Jaime Lannister's request. Stoneheart names Brienne a traitor because she carries Oathkeeper, a Lannister sword that was forged from Ned Stark's Valyrian steel blade, Ice. Brienne swears that she is still faithful, but Stoneheart insists she must prove it by killing Jaime, whom she believes played a role in the Red Wedding. Brienne refuses, even when threatened with a hanging. Just before Brienne is to be hanged, she shouts out a word.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:33 PM   #1986
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

I'm curious why you think it's absurd? The resurrection or the events after?
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:34 PM   #1987
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

they've already shown now 2 resurrections
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:34 PM   #1988
TheDragon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Oh, she's very real in the books. I'd be surprised if she makes it on to the show, but there has been a lot of allusion that she might be.
TheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:44 PM   #1989
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
they've already shown now 2 resurrections
We are at four if we include a couple that were only partially shown. Thoros bringing Baric back, Qyburn brining back the Mountain, Melisandre and Jon, Children bringing back Benjen.

Oh and Dany has survived two deadly fires.

Cheating death isn't exactly new on the show.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 08:07 PM   #1990
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Would be strange that such a major character didn't make it into the show.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:01 PM   #1991
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've always appreciated that the show seemed to skirt past Lady Stoneheart. But with them bringing things into this season (ex. Tower of Joy flashback) that they skipped in the past, I have a sinking feeling Lady Stoneheart will make an appearance.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:38 PM   #1992
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

I thought that was the worst episode of GoT so far. Hated it! Oh wells.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:41 PM   #1993
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
We are at four if we include a couple that were only partially shown. Thoros bringing Baric back, Qyburn brining back the Mountain, Melisandre and Jon, Children bringing back Benjen.

Oh and Dany has survived two deadly fires.

Cheating death isn't exactly new on the show.
Both the Mountain and Benjen were examples of death being averted (Qyburn stopped the poison and the Children "stopped the White Walkers magic from taking hold") not resurrections.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:43 PM   #1994
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

The whole point of the BWB is Lady Stoneheart. It'd be weirder if she didn't show up.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:49 PM   #1995
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

The BWB could just be skipped now since they served their earlier purpose with Arya and The Hound.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:52 PM   #1996
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
Both the Mountain and Benjen were examples of death being averted (Qyburn stopped the poison and the Children "stopped the White Walkers magic from taking hold") not resurrections.
Well except neither of them are currently fully alive. The Mountain looked pretty dead and is now a zombie. Benjen was left for dead and turning into a wight and is now half wight/half human.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:03 AM   #1997
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm guessing Margary is playing some sort of long game, I don't buy for a second that she is fully devoted to the faith. Doesn't line up with her talk to Loras a couple of episodes ago. She could very well make Olenna very happy if it all plays out to their advantage.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2016, 08:59 AM   #1998
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I believe Loris will be chosen to be the champion against the mountain for the trial by combat with Cersei.

He will lose.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:30 AM   #1999
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Old 05-31-2016, 09:58 AM   #2000
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Yes exactly. I think it will pit to the two houses of Tyrrell and Lannister against each other once again and likely in all the commotion and resulting drama, Tommen may also be killed by the Mountain if he should be seen to take sides against Cersei.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books , it is known , spoilers , winter is coming