Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2014, 11:41 AM   #321
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah elson reminded me of Byron a bit.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:29 PM   #322
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
Should be noted that Elson was a surprise in my viewings. One of those "not expected to do much" players who I feel really did show maybe he had a future. Small sample size, but was much more dynamic
Yeah, agree about Elson and another who did the same in my books was Jooris when put on RW. The AHL vets really showed that they are pros and we'll see if they can carry this over in camp and presumably in Glens Falls.

Bennett seems to take a game to get into it. His first game was tentative but in his second and third games, he showed his skill. He could be the most skilled centre we have but that doesn't mean he'll make the Flames this time but it would be nice if he did.

Smith is a big string bean but he's strong as heck. If he packs on some muscle he could be a good player.

I usually like to check out our defence but they weren't very noticeable to me. Ramage looked good at times and Sieloff wasn't bad but didn't stand out. I only saw Sieloff throw one big hit but he still looked solid out there and even skated up around the net a couple of times. I think he's probably still recovering from his staff infection. Kulak, Culkin and Kanzig were okay and the team as a whole shut things down for McDonald in the third game. Speaking of McDonald, he was shaky in his game against Edmonton but did his job against the Canucks. He's an 18 year old rookie though so we can't expect a lot at this stage.

Gaudreau is easily the most skilled youngster we have but I'm still not completely sold on his NHL game yet. The exhibition season will have a big say in where he plays. Passes that worked in College may not work in the NHL.

Oh yeah, Ferland was a beast and Granlund was terrific.

Last edited by Vulcan; 09-18-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vulcan For This Useful Post: