Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #61
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
Sorry, I've seen way too much vomit and other assorted things in that place to ever consider it a dining option (although I did go the Maid Downtown back in the day for lunch, so that may be a bit hypocritical).
No one is puking at the bar at 5-6 30 pm. It is like 6 old old people and sometimes line dancing lessons. Feel free not to go more steak and beers for me!
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #62
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
It is amazing the amount of dog crap on the sidewalks in France.
Never been there so I wouldn't know so I'll take your word for it, but honestly we have nothing to be smug about here in Calgary. Its amazing the amount on dog poop you'll find on or beside our city bike paths/sidewalks! ... one of my pet peeves... dog owners who can't be bothered to pick up after their mutt.

One day I was shoveling snow off the sidewalk leading up to my front door after having just finished doing the public sidewalk in front of my house. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a gentleman walking his dog down said sidewalk. Never thought anything out of it... till 10 minutes later I went back onto the public sidewalk just to tidy a few things up.... and there it sat... a steaming pile of dog turd. Some people have no shame.
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #63
HELPNEEDED
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
I never understand thoughts like this.

It is a free market capitalist economy! If you don't want to be at a bar with dog, don't go. If people aren't going because of the bars, it will go bankrupt, and another no dog allowed bar will open!

Dogs should be allowed anywhere! Let the patrons decide if they show or not!
Not sure if serious.

Even grocery stores? Dogs should be allowed no where near food/health products.

And i'm a dog "lover".
HELPNEEDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #64
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
And...

Sorry I don't own a dog, but what is the issue with tying a dog up outside a patio? It's a dog, not a baby.

For the record - I don't care if you have a dog or not. Unless you carry it in a purse or a bag or it has a sweater and or booties. Then it can just F### off
I own a dog that cost me $1200 to buy as a pup and now that he has his Cdn Championship he's worth a lot more than that.

I'm not tying him up to some light post beside the street while I sit 20 ft away swilling beer on a patio.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #65
HELPNEEDED
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

rerun you shoulda told us you got married.

Honestly rerun, I read your rant about being a capatilist society, but this society also has rules and regulations. Regulations > any capatlist regime. Dogs are a health risk, if your dog is sitting out there at ranch mans and I get a a piece of its fur in my food, who pays the bill?
HELPNEEDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #66
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
I'm not tying him up to some light post beside the street while I sit 20 ft away swilling beer on a patio.
Then don't bring him to the patio while you drink beer.

What does he bring to the party? Will he pay when it's his round? If he good at quarters?

Leave him at home.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #67
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPNEEDED View Post

Honestly rerun, I read your rant about being a capatilist society, but this society also has rules and regulations. Regulations > any capatlist regime. Dogs are a health risk, if your dog is sitting out there at ranch mans and I get a a piece of its fur in my food, who pays the bill?
The restaurant that made the decision that more people will come because of the ability to bring a dog then will stay home, or refuse to pay, because of the presence of dogs. Hence capitalism.

And don't give me this health risk garbage, this is a dog sitting on a patio, there's a hell of a lot more going on in the kitchens at a lot of restaurants that should concern you more than that.
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #68
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not sure if serious.

Even grocery stores? Dogs should be allowed no where near food/health products.

And i'm a dog "lover".
Would you go to this grocery store? If no one goes, it would go broke, or ban dogs itself! Sure I would agree dogs/animals should not be around food, and every grocery store patron may not had been aware that dogs had previously been in there, but their business would not last long.

These places aren't applying for these dog licenses because people don't want to eat with dogs and they just feel like annoying their customers. Their is a demand for it. Others would argue there is a business case against not allowing dogs (For all the people who do not want to eat/sit with dogs)

That's the beauty of having your own money. You get to choose where to spend it!
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #69
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:

Last I looked Ranchmans was a privately owned enterprise and thus are entitled to do whatever they want, within the law.... and the law now allows for them to allow dogs on their patio. Get over it. If you don't like it, go somewhere else... there are plenty of other places that don't allow dogs, to chose from.

As for fur in you food, who pays for my meal when I get some of your dandruff in mine?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #70
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
The restaurant that made the decision that more people will come because of the ability to bring a dog then will stay home, or refuse to pay, because of the presence of dogs. Hence capitalism.

And don't give me this health risk garbage, this is a dog sitting on a patio, there's a hell of a lot more going on in the kitchens at a lot of restaurants that should concern you more than that.
I haven't been to Ranchmans for years. Never had any intention of going there in the future either.... UNTIL, they made this change. Now its my intention to to patronize this establishment. Its a win for them and a win for me. Capitalism at its finest.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #71
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Then don't bring him to the patio while you drink beer.

What does he bring to the party? Will he pay when it's his round? If he good at quarters?

Leave him at home.
I'm afraid he only drinks water so he's certainly willing to spring for a round of water... but since he has to drink it out of a bowl, everyone else has to, also.

I usually take my dog with me every where I go. Some places allow dogs in their establishment, others don't. The ones who don't usually don't get my business.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #72
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I haven't been to Ranchmans for years. Never had any intention of going there in the future either.... UNTIL, they made this change. Now its my intention to to patronize this establishment. Its a win for them and a win for me. Capitalism at its finest.
You will make a specific trip to a restaurant so you can sit on a patio with your dog in public? I can understand if you were going for a walk or something and wanted to sit at a patio but to take a trip out of your way for this express purpose seems strange.

As for tying your dog up - could you just not tie it up to something close to you, most bars/patios have a dog area there do they not?
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #73
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm afraid he only drinks water so he's certainly willing to spring for a round of water... but since he has to drink it out of a bowl, everyone else has to, also.

I usually take my dog with me every where I go. Some places allow dogs in their establishment, others don't. The ones who don't usually don't get my business.
You know he's not human, right?

Quote:
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #74
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Regulations > any capatlist regime. Dogs are a health risk, if your dog is sitting out there at ranch mans and I get a a piece of its fur in my food, who pays the bill?
If you're worried about a hair in your food, you probably shouldn't be eating in pubic. At all. How is a dog sitting 15 feet away worse than a dog walking by the patio? That dog comes MUCH closer to your food. If it freaks you out that much, don't go! As for regulations & safety, they've made it pretty clear that the dog will not be allowed anywhere near the food prep, obviously.:

Quote:
Working with Alberta Health Services, the establishment has had some make changes to its patio and staff requirements before letting the dogs in.

“We had to interpret and comply with rules and regulations set out by Alberta Health Services and added some of our ideas,” executive assistant Vanessa Woodman said.

“Such as building a dog run in the back, providing single use doggy bowls for water, special sealing on our deck, signage, sanitation, first aid training.”
http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/09/26...or-their-patio
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #75
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
If you're worried about a hair in your food, you probably shouldn't be eating in pubic.
So what is the acceptable hair count in your food then?

Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #76
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
If you're worried about a hair in your food, you probably shouldn't be eating in pubic.
you did mean "PUBLIC", not "pubic", right? Freudian slip?

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #77
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
So what is the acceptable hair count in your food then?
Zero. However, along with hair there are a lot of other contaminates that can make it into your food when it's not prepared by you. It a risk we all take when eating out. It's an acceptable risk, to an extent, for me, as I enjoy eating out.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #78
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
You will make a specific trip to a restaurant so you can sit on a patio with your dog in public? I can understand if you were going for a walk or something and wanted to sit at a patio but to take a trip out of your way for this express purpose seems strange.

As for tying your dog up - could you just not tie it up to something close to you, most bars/patios have a dog area there do they not?
Normally I wouldn't go out of my way, but in this case I will (if the weather is nice), just to support their decision.

Most bars or patios do not have a "dog area". Sure you could probably tie him up to the outside of the fence surrounding the patio, but I would feel uncomfortable doing that if I had to tie him up to the fence next to somebody else's table because there wasn't one available for me.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #79
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
You know he's not human, right?
Of course I do... but I also know that he's my best friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rerun For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #80
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Of course I do... but I also know that he's my best friend.
I find that both sad and funny.

Quote:

Tags
beer , coors , cowboys , cowgirls , dogs=awesome , gone to the dogs