Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2015, 11:24 AM   #941
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Some fun with rockets.

Link doesn't work.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:44 AM   #942
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

YES! Got the Gjallarhorn from HM Gorgon chest finally! Just had to spam the chest with my 3 characters lol.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:47 AM   #943
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Congrats!
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StrykerSteve For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2015, 01:40 PM   #944
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hard Mode CE looks like Bungie just making changes to counter current strategies. Sure it's more difficult with everything being bigger and badder but hardly any ingenuity in mechanics overall.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:46 PM   #945
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Got my first legendary drop last night!

An Invisible Hand M7 shotgun (legendary) out of a legendary engram that I got for doing the daily heroic story last night.

Looks like it'll be a beast in PvP. has great stability. I might get a k/d above 1.00 for once :P
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #946
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hard Mode CE looks like Bungie just making changes to counter current strategies. Sure it's more difficult with everything being bigger and badder but hardly any ingenuity in mechanics overall.
Pretty disappointing.
Vog hard mode wasn't that different either though, I suppose.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:35 PM   #947
MyFlamesFirst
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Tried hard mode today. It really isn't that much different. We cleared it fairly easily until Crota. Crota is quite a bit harder, you can't heal up because of no chalice and the boomers hit harder and Crota takes more hits. The sword bearer would often die from either boomers or a witch that spawns now in hard mode. We tried about 7 or 8 times and got him down 1/3 of the way our best attempt. I think once we get the mechanics down a decent team should be able to run the raid in the same time as a normal run. Overall its the same raid with marginal differences and higher level enemies.
MyFlamesFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:15 PM   #948
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFlamesFirst View Post
Tried hard mode today. It really isn't that much different. We cleared it fairly easily until Crota. Crota is quite a bit harder, you can't heal up because of no chalice and the boomers hit harder and Crota takes more hits. The sword bearer would often die from either boomers or a witch that spawns now in hard mode. We tried about 7 or 8 times and got him down 1/3 of the way our best attempt. I think once we get the mechanics down a decent team should be able to run the raid in the same time as a normal run. Overall its the same raid with marginal differences and higher level enemies.
That's disappointing. Prior to HM coming out, I had heard that Crota was going to have an additional phase. But now it just sounds like he enrages at 25% health. So you have to just keep dealing with the oversoul over and over again.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:13 PM   #949
BigBCalgary
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm an XB1 person with a level 29 Hunter...BigBCalgary there was well...have the expansion pass and will be looking to join a fire team to do some raids and strikes. spend most of my time completing bounties and Roc strikes, and grinding. Would be great to play with some CP'rs.
BigBCalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:16 PM   #950
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

It grinds my gears everytime you're dominating a public event and Dinklebot chirps in "This could be going better..."

What, how? The bad guys haven't even touched us!
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2015, 05:25 PM   #951
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, not a single enemy has touched the ground, from all the rocket fire, and that line drops like "huh?"
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #952
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Got my boots and can finally hit 32 this week!
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jbo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2015, 09:55 PM   #953
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
Pretty disappointing.
Vog hard mode wasn't that different either though, I suppose.
At the time, not being able to res given the current mechanics was a pretty big deal. Even now doing it as a 30+ is still difficult in many parts like Oracles and Templar. CE HM is just artificially difficult because we're penalized by not being able to hit 33.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
Got my boots and can finally hit 32 this week!
Nice, hope you got a Saint 14 helm since Titans are in demand for the new raid. My titan has the gear to hit 32, need some more shards. Also only 3 plasteel plating left...

Last edited by Anduril; 01-21-2015 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:03 AM   #954
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

We gave HM a shot last night. We made it up to Ir Yut. Almost downed here. I think if I can upgrade my Gjallarhorn ASAP, it shouldn't be too bad beating her. Some other notes from our run:

Lamps are harder, not so much because of the lv 33 thralls, but because that ogre at the end is a major pita now. He has hoards of HP and not easily stunned. He pretty much nullifies the standard cheese. Still didn't take us too long to beat the lamps. We fluked out a bit. We had a hunter with the Don't Touch Me Gloves run through most of the lamps. A group of 4 of us followed him a little bit after the lamps exploded. When we did that, we have maybe 5-6 thralls bother our group of 4 until we approached the bridge. As we approached the bridge, our hunter activated the bridge. When the ogre spawned, by some total fluke the ogre decided to focus on me, and one-shotted me from the top of the ledge. But when that happened, the rest of the crew managed to run towards the bridge unopposed, and even as they waited for the bridge to clear up, the ogre just kept shooting at my corpse lol. Everyone else ran across the bridge easy peasy.

The bridge took us a little while to figure out because they mechanics seemed to have changed slightly since the post-cheese patches. We did need a full team of 6 (four 32s, two 31s) to complete it though. Gatekeepers aren't too bad for a lv 32. It takes 5 shots with the sword now to down them, but still easily stunned so not a problem. We originally had a few guys run across and try to hide behind the rocks in the far right and have the guys on the other side die to trigger the respawn. But for some reason the totems would still end up activating once the ogres spawn. Apparently there are some spots on the far side that don't count as "being on the other side". What we ultimately did was have one guy hide in the rocks, one guy hide behind the light posts on the bridge approach (a hunter in our case, so he could go inviz incase thralls still come at him), and had a warlock rez on the other side (once two guys got across, and then the rest of us suicided) and snipe after the thralls started spawning.

Strategy for Ir Yut looks like it will be the same as before. We're gonna take another stab at him tonight.

Edit: Strategy for killing Crota with two swords - http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...de_crota_kill/

Last edited by Teh_Bandwagoner; 01-22-2015 at 10:35 AM.
Teh_Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:07 AM   #955
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have yet to try HM if anybody is interested in grouping up tonight on PS4.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #956
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

I am awful at progression in this game.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:50 AM   #957
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Would love to go. Im 31 now, but if we could get past the abyss or bridge, I would get the 2 shards I need to hit 32 while on the run.

What time would you go? I'll make sure I am on.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:59 AM   #958
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
I am awful at progression in this game.
You clearly need to sacrifice more of your time to the being known as RNG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
Would love to go. Im 31 now, but if we could get past the abyss or bridge, I would get the 2 shards I need to hit 32 while on the run.

What time would you go? I'll make sure I am on.
Probably not until 7ish. Have you opened the first chest on all your characters?
Old 01-22-2015, 12:06 PM   #959
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:

Probably not until 7ish. Have you opened the first chest on all your characters?
Im one of the few who dont run multiple alts (I find one is enough)

I just need two shards and I'm there, would have everything on me. I understand if not as nobody is taking 31s it seems, but if we can get through abyss or bridge I would be gravy.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:31 PM   #960
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
I save my RNG luck for WoW.

Wanna see my heroic warforged socketed bracers?

My issue is I don't know what's progression and what's a waste of time.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote