Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2015, 06:08 PM   #2141
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
I've seen a lot of talk about it, and I've collected all 4 gunsmith relics.
How do you get the quest? I've been busy with school this week, so I haven't been on top of Destiny in the last few days.
If you met the requirements you should see a quest on Earth show up called the First Firewall.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:26 PM   #2142
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
Anybody else acquire the Sleeper Simulant? Doesn't seem like it'll be an outright popular choice and the math is yet to be seen between it and black spindle, but it's fun to use. Generally if I wanted something dead, you just point and hold the trigger. The aim assist is ridiculous though to the point of either I know my reticle isn't properly over a target, it'll still count as a hit, or a thrall would run by and drag my scope with it.

PvP, lots of fun in mayhem Rumble where you shutdown Stormcaller and Sunbreakers as they stare in disbelief.
I watched Teftyteft and the planet destiny team run the raid with it. And they loved it on the Warpriest and the daughters, melted them incredibly fast, they were even a little shocked. The first glyph puzzle they had him down to a quarter health with only weapons, no tether. Daughters they downed each one with about 5 to 10 seconds left on the aura.

Golgoroth though, they said that the spindle is better as it's consistent dps. And Oryx they prefer primary and special, but the ogres were melted with it.

They were also laughing about the aim assist. Tefty even had the aimer a good inch or two off the daughters head and it still crit'd.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #2143
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
If you met the requirements you should see a quest on Earth show up called the First Firewall.
Also, I think it's a timed quest. It only shows up on certain days. So if it's there great, get er done.

If it's not, then you have to wait for it to come around again.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:43 PM   #2144
badradio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Do any of you guys port forward the ps4? I'm wired on shaw with 35mbps d/l NAT Type 2 and I randomly keep getting red bars in the Crucible. It's frustrating. I don't really know what else to do. Crucible is the only problem on any game really.
badradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:46 PM   #2145
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badradio View Post
Do any of you guys port forward the ps4? I'm wired on shaw with 35mbps d/l NAT Type 2 and I randomly keep getting red bars in the Crucible. It's frustrating. I don't really know what else to do. Crucible is the only problem on any game really.
When I was using Shaw I would get lag spikes every 8 seconds or so in online games. Really, really annoying. Eventually I found that if I bridged the connection from the Shaw provided modem+router to my own router, the issue went away. Essentially turning the Shaw box into just the cable modem, and letting my own router act as the gateway. Is that the type of issue you are seeing? If so, I would see about switching up some hardware. If it is more of a "all is good for 5 minutes, then sucks for a minute", then I'm not sure.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gottabekd For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2015, 08:45 AM   #2146
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ugh, stuck in Winnipeg for the next few weeks. On the plus side, the weather's been relatively mild in here, and the Internet connection in my hotel room is decent, which means lots of video game time! Will probably get to run the raid 3x this week for the first time! All while putting my time into the Iron Banner lol.

Last night's raid run was a solid 75 mins. Looks like 75-90 mins is the standard running time, though my buddy mentioned that someone 4-manned it in under 45???? Crazy people.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:28 PM   #2147
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Ugh, stuck in Winnipeg for the next few weeks. On the plus side, the weather's been relatively mild in here, and the Internet connection in my hotel room is decent, which means lots of video game time! Will probably get to run the raid 3x this week for the first time! All while putting my time into the Iron Banner lol.

Last night's raid run was a solid 75 mins. Looks like 75-90 mins is the standard running time, though my buddy mentioned that someone 4-manned it in under 45???? Crazy people.
There are a bunch of ridiculous video of people doing golgoroth in 10 mins with 2 man. I don't understand how that's possible, but the evidence are in these videos lol.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+man+golgoroth
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:32 PM   #2148
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Finally a way to counter those damn Sunbreaker Titans

Old 10-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #2149
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Sunbreakers ftw
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:30 PM   #2150
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeBruce View Post
There are a bunch of ridiculous video of people doing golgoroth in 10 mins with 2 man. I don't understand how that's possible, but the evidence are in these videos lol.

I haven't done the raid that much but from what I have seen the biggest issue on that fight is people shooting other people in the back losing the mag bonus as well as missing a lot of DPS. For some reason people like to strafe when shooting.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:06 PM   #2151
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amount of drops from IB and Crucible a big topic of contention. For what bungie claims to be the primary source of loot, hoping for RNG based rewards isn't very fulfilling. I've been lucky enough to get decent amount of drops this time around but it could certainly aim to do more.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:57 PM   #2152
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just got up to rank 4 in IB and I've gotten nothing too great through the drops personally. I did get a few blues that were 290+, so useful for infusion. However, I've had only one legendary drop and I'm probably around 25 or so games. I seem to remember the last IB had much higher drops.

Still - IB weeks are so much fun. The less skilled PvP players tend to come out and I feel like a rockstar with 20+ kills for a week. I sometime even get to hold the banner in the opening screen! Confidence boost - haha!
Old 10-17-2015, 10:38 PM   #2153
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
I haven't done the raid that much but from what I have seen the biggest issue on that fight is people shooting other people in the back losing the mag bonus as well as missing a lot of DPS. For some reason people like to strafe when shooting.
The core gameplay promotes it. Standing still gets you killed, constantly moving keeps you alive.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 01:35 AM   #2154
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeBruce View Post

The guy who first did the Golgoroth 2 man, just recently killed Oryx with a 3 man team

Old 10-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #2155
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
The core gameplay promotes it. Standing still gets you killed, constantly moving keeps you alive.
Not on that boss.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:08 AM   #2156
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Almost to rank 5 in iron banner.
I've only had the boots and cloak drop at 286, and 280 respectively. I'm playing at 305 light, so the drops clearly don't account for light level. Gear in the 280s is essentially useless until it's infused several times.
I bumped my boots up to 300 because of the huge weapons and movement speed boost after capturing a control point.
I'll probably buy the pulse rifle when I hit 5 rather than hoping for it to actually drop, then immediately stop playing iron banner.

Excited for hard raid though! I've done the raid x 3 the past two weeks, so it's getting a little old.
I only have one character at 308, so I'll probably have to wait to run with the other two 301-303 characters until I get a few 310+ weapons/ghost.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:57 PM   #2157
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

In terms of legendaries I've only gotten the titan mark a few times and the hunter cloak once. I have 2 chars at rank 5 atm.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #2158
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hit rank 5 over the weekend as well and picked up the pulse rifle. It's actually pretty solid.

Loot drops were underwhelming. I didn't get a single legendary outside of the cloak (which looks terrible).

And...sunbreakers. Everywhere. All the time. Everywhere. Homing hammers that kill through walls with splash damage, healing the hammer thrower, while he then throws four more guaranteed kill hammers that heal him. Cool story Bungie. How about we re-visit Gunslingers?

5x homing gunslinger shots with an overshield and regen would be great.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:27 AM   #2159
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
I hit rank 5 over the weekend as well and picked up the pulse rifle. It's actually pretty solid.

Loot drops were underwhelming. I didn't get a single legendary outside of the cloak (which looks terrible).

And...sunbreakers. Everywhere. All the time. Everywhere. Homing hammers that kill through walls with splash damage, healing the hammer thrower, while he then throws four more guaranteed kill hammers that heal him. Cool story Bungie. How about we re-visit Gunslingers?

5x homing gunslinger shots with an overshield and regen would be great.
Yeah the hammer situation has gotten pretty ridiculous. I also had a fun match where there were four nightstalkers, each camping a control point and spamming their tethers. Hammers are one thing, those idiots were downright cheaters. I hope their whole crew got banned hard, though I'm not counting on it.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #2160
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's funny, because sunbreaker is definitely needing a nerf, but through Iron Banner, I felt like I was killed much more often by Stormcallers.
Gunslinger doesn't seem to be able to hold its own against the three new subclasses, which sucks because I love playing gunslinger, and I'm not great with shadowshot.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote