Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2024, 12:03 AM   #121
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Thanks everyone, appreciate the insight. I wasn't even really thinking about the CRA angle, but that's definitely something to keep in mind (even though things would still be well within the rules).

Opendoor, I wish we were talking about a $500K gain, ha. Definitely not at that level, but I agree there are some long term implications of reducing the capital invested due to the earlier tax payment. I think my timeline would be not quite that long (more like 2-3 years, which in todays environment can feel like a long-term investment!), but definitely still something to calculate out.
Another facet that might tilt it heavily in favor of crystalizing is the CDA account.

After mulling things over a little bit, forget what the CRA might or might not do. I can't imagine they could do something to taxpayers crystalizing gains prior to the rule kicking in without a sudden full on revolt and demand for tax reform.

My apologies for letting my annoyances and frustrations get the point of going a little chicken little in the previous post.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2024, 10:02 AM   #122
DinnerDog
Draft Pick

I work in valuations, mainly for tax crystallizations, family law, estate planning, employee share purchase plans, etc., we haven't had much detail on what CRA will be allowing in the next few months, although we are expecting to be busy.

The increase in LCGE is also going to be a factor (albeit a smaller one) in determining course of action for some in the next few months.
DinnerDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DinnerDog For This Useful Post: