Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
thefanblogger
Lifetime Suspension at User's Request

Exp:
Flames Part one Group A report long

DAY 2 THE FORWARD AND DEFENCMEN COME TO CAMP

Let me start out like this I am watching this camp on my eyes. It is really hard to judge a rookie by a first day in Camp. I can only tell you what I see by all means this does not mean a make or break statement of said rookies. Now that being said lets discuss the observations of camp day 2.
\
Group A.

The Two Best Defensemen

Brad Cole

To steal the phrase of Mr. Mcguire Mr. Brad Cole was nothing short of a Monster. Brad excelled at everything that was asked of him. I am impressed with Brad’s skating ability. He was terrific at skating backwards during the drills of the Defensemen in the defensive end. For a lack of a better word he was very good, at fetching and delivering the puck out of the zone. I love his ability and agility for being a big defenseman. This was a great day for Brad.

Gord Balwin

Gord was excellent this morning, he is a big brusing defensemen who I feel has a long career ahead of him. Gord was terrific at puck control today he held on to the puck and did an excellent job at stick handling. He has really improved his skating drills, since last season he was just terrific this morning. I am very happy with the improvement and development of Gord Baldwin.

THE THREE BEST FORWARDS

Hugo Carpentier

I love Hugo’s skating ability this morning; he skated like the wind. His passing was very good; he seemed very comfortable with the puck. He has a terrific shot, which makes it more dangerous is the quickness of his release, I can picture him being a major role in Quad Cities.

Mitch Wahl

Man I had no idea this kid was so talented Mitch is a terrific all around player. Wahl is a great skater, not only is he fast but he seems to do it with ease. His puck handling skills are great does not look nervous with the puck and thinks well. What is really exciting is that I see this kid getting better and better. I love this kid I can see him being a huge prospect in the flame camp.

Greg Nimisz

Greg is a good skater, will improve through the years on his skating. His Puck handling skills are enormous; he is very good with the puck. He has quick release and a hard shot. Over all he is an excellent prospect I am really excited about his future.

Kevin Lalande

Lalande was huge this morning, he is has really developed into a great goalie. His agility was good as yesterday he has made it very interesting for the prospects in the Flames camp.

Last edited by thefanblogger; 07-22-2008 at 04:04 PM. Reason: spelling
thefanblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #2
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

good to hear about Carpentier's skating; i think that was one of the big things he had to work on when he was drafted

btw, thanks for the info
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks!!! I must say I was excited about drafting Wahl after watching the Chiefs playoff run

Last edited by burn_this_city; 07-22-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: hokd-om-foniks
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote