Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #81
Drummer
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

According to the Calgary Stampede, the cumulative attendance for 2017 was 1,214,972 people, compared to 1,088,039 in 2016.
Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drummer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 12:27 PM   #82
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't go this year but my one buddy was saying that they now search all the purses/bags at the entrance. The lines were so long that on the Victoria Park end it snaked up all the way to the LRT, and the Ertlon line went all the way to Mcleod Tr.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:34 PM   #83
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I didn't go this year but my one buddy was saying that they now search all the purses/bags at the entrance. The lines were so long that on the Victoria Park end it snaked up all the way to the LRT, and the Ertlon line went all the way to Mcleod Tr.
It was that way at times, yes. And they didn't think it out very well as there was no employee line/entrance. Anyone working on the grounds was subject to the same line and search. Next year they need to find a better way to expedite employees onto the grounds.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:37 PM   #84
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

We went down 3 times. Twice they told my fiance she didn't have to get her purse searched in the "bag line". The other time they made her wait. Was weird.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:46 PM   #85
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yea not sure why they didn't have a bag search line and a regular line if you didn't bring luggage with you.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #86
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yes, I think they need to work the kinks out before next year. I volunteered with the Rotary on the grounds twice. The first day, my shift started when the grounds opened. There was a bit of a line waiting for things to open and they told me I could just bypass it and go in early (I had a backpack). The second time, the grounds were already open when I arrived and I had to wait in line with everyone else, but it wasn't too long and I was early.

They do need a separate line for employees though if the lines are getting long.
Amethyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:22 PM   #87
Zarley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohara66 View Post
Yea not sure why they didn't have a bag search line and a regular line if you didn't bring luggage with you.
They did have this.
Zarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:08 PM   #88
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
the first Friday i went when it was still free and it was chaos. There was a line for bags and one for no bags. It was way too easy for someone (like me) with a small bag to just sneak through, which is what I did.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:27 PM   #89
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Saturday (2 days ago) they had a line for employees (which was empty) and a massive line for everyone else at the far south end of the grounds.... or at least thats what it appeared to be and what we waiting in for 15-20 minutes.

How many years have they been doing this for? haha
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:31 PM   #90
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Saturday (2 days ago) they had a line for employees (which was empty) and a massive line for everyone else at the far south end of the grounds.... or at least thats what it appeared to be and what we waiting in for 15-20 minutes.

How many years have they been doing this for? haha
First year I believe.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:58 PM   #91
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
It was that way at times, yes. And they didn't think it out very well as there was no employee line/entrance. Anyone working on the grounds was subject to the same line and search. Next year they need to find a better way to expedite employees onto the grounds.
There was a media entrance: no lines, no bag search. Odd that volunteers, Rotary, staff, etc., didn't have a separate entrance.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote