Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #1
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Down to the wire and the playoffs

From another thread, here are the schedules of the teams in the mix for the post season. I've included Nashville as they could end up in the Wildcard mix if St. Louis passes them in the standings, and that looks like a possibility. Predictions?

CGY (80) - PIT, BOS, DAL, LAK, @WAS, @NAS, @STL, COL, LAK, SJS, ANA, @ANA, @LAK, @SJS

ANA (80) - WAS, STL, BUF, @SJS, EDM, WPG, NYR, @VAN, @WPG, @EDM, @CGY, CGY, @CHI, LAK

EDM (79) - MTL, DAL, BOS, VAN, LAK, @ANA, COL, COL, LAK, SJS, @ANA, @LA, @SJS, @VAN, VAN

STL (75) - @LAK, @ANA, @SJS, @ARI, @COL, VAN, CGY, ARI, @ARI, @COL, NAS, WPG, @FLA, @CAR, COL

LAK (72) - STL, AZ, BUF, @CGY, @EDM, WPG, NYR, @EDM, @CGY, @VAN, AZ, EDM, CGY, CHI, @ANA

NSH (77) - WPG, @WAS, @CAR, AZ, CGY, SJS, @NYI, @BOS, TOR, MIN, @STL, NYI, @DAL, @WPG
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2017, 02:20 PM   #2
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
...Predictions?
I am very curious to see your prediction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2017, 02:21 PM   #3
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol @ St. Louis

After the next three games only 2 of their last 12 are against playoff teams (Nashville and Calgary)

They'll probably end up with 95 points, maybe even more.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:23 PM   #4
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

My prediction: Flames get at least 96 points and make the playoffs
PugnaciousIntern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:24 PM   #5
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's an ugly schedule for the Flames. Hopefully they can stay healthy, and thank goodness they've gone on this recent run and built up a cushion.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:24 PM   #6
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If they keep playing this way, I could see the flames win at least 10 more and hit 100
SmoggyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #7
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugnaciousIntern View Post
My prediction: Flames get at least 96 points and make the playoffs
Believe in the snake.

וְהַנָּחָשׁ֙ הָיָ֣ה עָר֔וּם מִכֹּל

Quote:
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2017, 02:30 PM   #8
locsofblu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
From another thread, here are the schedules of the teams in the mix for the post season. I've included Nashville as they could end up in the Wildcard mix if St. Louis passes them in the standings, and that looks like a possibility. Predictions?

CGY (80) - PIT, BOS, DAL, LAK, @WAS, @NAS, @STL, COL, LAK, SJS, ANA, @ANA, @LAK, @SJS

ANA (80) - WAS, STL, BUF, @SJS, EDM, WPG, NYR, @VAN, @WPG, @EDM, @CGY, CGY, @CHI, LAK

EDM (79) - MTL, DAL, BOS, VAN, LAK, @ANA, COL, COL, LAK, SJS, @ANA, @LA, @SJS, @VAN, VAN

STL (75) - @LAK, @ANA, @SJS, @ARI, @COL, VAN, CGY, ARI, @ARI, @COL, NAS, WPG, @FLA, @CAR, COL

LAK (72) - STL, AZ, BUF, @CGY, @EDM, WPG, NYR, @EDM, @CGY, @VAN, AZ, EDM, CGY, CHI, @ANA

NSH (77) - WPG, @WAS, @CAR, AZ, CGY, SJS, @NYI, @BOS, TOR, MIN, @STL, NYI, @DAL, @WPG
We go 500 and we are in guarenteed.
locsofblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:31 PM   #9
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Gonna be close that's for sure
442scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:32 PM   #10
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

something like:

CGY (80) - PIT (O), BOS (L), DAL (W), LAK (W), @WAS (L), @NAS (W), @STL (O), COL (W), LAK (W), SJS (L), ANA (W), @ANA (L), @LAK (L), @SJS (L)

ANA (80) - WAS (W), STL (W), BUF (W), @SJS (L), EDM (W), WPG (W), NYR (L), @VAN (W), @WPG (W), @EDM (L), @CGY (L), CGY (W), @CHI (L), LAK (W)

EDM (79) - MTL (W), DAL (W), BOS (L), VAN (W), LAK (O), @ANA (L), COL (W), COL (W), LAK (L), SJS (L), @ANA (L), @LA (L), @SJS (L), @VAN (L), VAN (W)

STL (75) - @LAK (L), @ANA (L), @SJS (L), @ARI (W), @COL (W), VAN (W), CGY (W), ARI (W), @ARI (W), @COL (L), NAS (W), WPG (W), @FLA (L), @CAR (W), COL (W)

LAK (72) - STL (W), AZ (W), BUF (W), @CGY (L), @EDM (W), WPG (W), NYR (L), @EDM (W), @CGY (O), @VAN (L), AZ (W), EDM (W), CGY (W), CHI (L), @ANA (L)

NSH (77) - WPG (W), @WAS (L), @CAR (O), AZ (W), CGY (L), SJS (O), @NYI (L), @BOS (O), TOR (W), MIN (L), @STL (L), NYI (W), @DAL (O), @WPG (W)

ANA 98
STL 95
CGY 94
EDM 92
LAK 91
NSH 91
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:36 PM   #11
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames go 8-5-1 down the stretch to finish with 97 points and 42 ROW, good enough for second seed in the Pacific and home ice in the first round.

Oilers go 9-6-0 down the stretch to finish with 97 points and 39 ROW, placing them in the third spot in the Pacific.

Ducks go 8-6-0 down the stretch to finish with 96 points, giving them the first wild card spot and a match up with the Sharks in the first round.

Kings go 9-5-1 down the stretch to finish with 91 points. Close but no cigar LA.

Blues go 9-4-2 down the stretch to finish with 95 points. Third in the central and a first round date with the Wild.

Predators go 7-5-2 down the stretch to finish with 93 points. That gets them the second wild card spot and a trip to Chicago for round one.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:37 PM   #12
Kovaz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The Flames have an 11-8 record this season against the teams they're playing down the stretch. The only team they haven't beaten is Washington (only played once), and the only other team they have a losing record against is Anaheim (1-2). I fully expect them to cool off, but .500 is more than reasonable. Beat the Avs and the Stars and you only need to win 5 more games out of 12 to go 7-7, forcing LA to go 11-4 to tie.

Although now that I look at it, if LA sweeps the head to head and wins their game in hand, we're tied. So it's not over yet, but win one of those games and that could be the deathblow.
Kovaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:39 PM   #13
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really appreciate you making this thread as i'm constantly trying to see whos playing who in the upcoming weeks.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #14
Young_Guns
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
something like:

CGY (80) - PIT (O), BOS (L), DAL (W), LAK (W), @WAS (L), @NAS (W), @STL (O), COL (W), LAK (W), SJS (L), ANA (W), @ANA (L), @LAK (L), @SJS (L)

ANA (80) - WAS (W), STL (W), BUF (W), @SJS (L), EDM (W), WPG (W), NYR (L), @VAN (W), @WPG (W), @EDM (L), @CGY (L), CGY (W), @CHI (L), LAK (W)

EDM (79) - MTL (W), DAL (W), BOS (L), VAN (W), LAK (O), @ANA (L), COL (W), COL (W), LAK (L), SJS (L), @ANA (L), @LA (L), @SJS (L), @VAN (L), VAN (W)

STL (75) - @LAK (L), @ANA (L), @SJS (L), @ARI (W), @COL (W), VAN (W), CGY (W), ARI (W), @ARI (W), @COL (L), NAS (W), WPG (W), @FLA (L), @CAR (W), COL (W)

LAK (72) - STL (W), AZ (W), BUF (W), @CGY (L), @EDM (W), WPG (W), NYR (L), @EDM (W), @CGY (O), @VAN (L), AZ (W), EDM (W), CGY (W), CHI (L), @ANA (L)

NSH (77) - WPG (W), @WAS (L), @CAR (O), AZ (W), CGY (L), SJS (O), @NYI (L), @BOS (O), TOR (W), MIN (L), @STL (L), NYI (W), @DAL (O), @WPG (W)

ANA 98
STL 95
CGY 94
EDM 92
LAK 91
NSH 91
This sounds about right
Young_Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #15
Gaudfather
Franchise Player

Exp:

The one thing I know is that the Flames are playing with more confidence than LA, EDM, STL, ANA, and NSH - so I can see them winning 9 or 10 of their last 14 and securing second overall in the Pacific. Our naturally tendency is to underestimate how good these guys are playing now.
Gaudfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:52 PM   #16
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
something like:

ANA 98
STL 95
CGY 94
EDM 92
LAK 91
NSH 91
I generally agree with this, but for a couple of things. First, I don't see Anaheim running the table on the remaining three games of their homestand, and second, I do not see the Flames coming up empty in their last three on the California road trip. I honestly believe that game #80 is the one in which the curse ends.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2017, 02:54 PM   #17
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I am very curious to see your prediction.
I see us getting 92-94 points, depending on 3 point games.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #18
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
I see us getting 92-94 points, depending on 3 point games.
You should have just started a "Playoff Negativity Thread".
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2017, 03:08 PM   #19
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is Bingo doing the spreadsheet this year? It would be interesting how the Kings vs EDM and CGY games play into the final standings.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:09 PM   #20
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fans do this who's-schedule-is-harder thing over and over and it turns out meaningless every single time.

Teams beat teams above them in the standings and lose to teams below them in the standings all the ####ing time.

So dumb.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post: