Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-23-2017, 08:28 AM   #261
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think that this is the break that Hali needs, she's been pretty outstanding in the last two tribals. Plus on top of that if her tribe has a meltdown like the previews show then she could survive another week and whittle the numbers down.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:10 AM   #262
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
She's just really unlikable, but she's got a great course to the end because nobody will vote to give her the money at this point.

I actually don't think she'll win but it's because I don't think she get's to the end... if she get's to the end... make sure you get the name right on the cheque it's Sandra Diaz (hyphan) Twine.

Last edited by Parallex; 03-23-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2017, 09:32 AM   #263
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

People are just ripping into Sierra for the kiss as the votes are being counted.

She's public enemy number one because Malcolm the golden boy was voted out and it was bad breaks that killed him.

I have no doubt that he'll be allowed to play survivor for as many seasons as he wants. But he'll never win it.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:34 AM   #264
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Props: Brad Culpepper. It's hard for me to say this (cause he was so bad in BvW) but if I had to put money on the winner today it'd be Brad Culpepper. Guy is fit, has a core group, and is clearly in charge of that core group.

Slops: JT. The only way that could have gone worse for JT was if he went home. Frankly, if I'm that tribe I'm tempted to throw the next Immunity challenge in order to vote JT out.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:42 AM   #265
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
Props: Brad Culpepper. It's hard for me to say this (cause he was so bad in BvW) but if I had to put money on the winner today it'd be Brad Culpepper. Guy is fit, has a core group, and is clearly in charge of that core group.

Slops: JT. The only way that could have gone worse for JT was if he went home. Frankly, if I'm that tribe I'm tempted to throw the next Immunity challenge in order to vote JT out.
I would agree with what you're saying except that the difficult part in survivor as you go along is when that inevitable moment comes when you have to start strangling your core group in its sleep. I think that's going to be the challenge for Brad.

I agree with you on JT, a stupid move that puts him in the cross hairs without the numbers to back yourself. If you have numbers that will protect you you can pull something like this off and it becomes a game changing move. As it is he chopped the head off of a person for little to no gain. If he'd manipulated the vote to Sandra it would have been a big move and shattered the leadership of that tribe.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:00 AM   #266
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post

I actually don't think she'll win but it's because I don't think she get's to the end... if she get's to the end... make sure you get the name right on the cheque it's Sandra Diaz (hyphan) Twine.
The difference between this season and that season is that there is no Russell for her to hide behind. Unless she can find a shield of someone more hated than her, like Russell was, she won't win.

That was a great episode, I really felt for Malcolm at the end, the kiss from Sierra was a dick move, she didn't need to do that. You won, we get it, you look like a mole and it was a great move, but don't rub it in like that.

Such a great season though, I love that they are actually letting these returning players play and keep switching it up to challenge them. So far we haven't been disappointed. Also just to add I am a little surprised that nobody has turned on Brad yet, he is hardcore manipulating his tribe and yet nobody has seen it, or at least done anything about it. Not even in the candid interviews have I seen a mention of it? Seems weird for a group of returning players. I'd say he has done a better job than Sandra so far but she's already been outed and targeted by multiple players.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 03-23-2017 at 11:03 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #267
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

She might have to manufacture someone more hated then her, because frankly I completely hate her (not the person, but you know the game personality). I would risk a criminal conviction to throw her off of the highest cliff on the Island and laugh as she screamed all the way down "You can't throw the Quuuueeeen off the cliff".

If I wanted to gut that tried from the inside I would have killed Sandra, Malcolm was the obvious choice by the other tribe because they're just a really weak tribe now in challenges. Makayla is probably the only real beast in that group.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:00 PM   #268
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
The difference between this season and that season is that there is no Russell for her to hide behind. Unless she can find a shield of someone more hated than her, like Russell was, she won't win.
Well here's the thing, if she get's to the end it means that...

A: She dug her way into the majority alliance,
B: More long tenured members of said majority alliance were cast aside (betrayed) by other more long tenured members,
C: Some fool let Sandra, undefeated only two time winner, get to FTC

... that will get her the win. I think a lot of the Jury members will be aware that Sandra three-peating would be an epic story and want to be part of it. It's like Francesca (except in reverse), all the survivors say that if she played again she'd go out 1st again not because they hate her but because it would get lulz.

I mean Sandra has now gone to three pre-merge tribal councils... the place where non-athletic older females go to get their torch snuffed... and she's still there. Eventually someone will wake up and realize how dangerous keeping her around is but Sandra Diaz-Twine is no FTC goat.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:04 PM   #269
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

It wasn't voting people off that soured people on Russell, it was the way he did it and his bullying. Nobody has ever come close to being as big of a villain as him, nobody could be that disliked.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:11 PM   #270
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

What about Johnny fairplay???

Old 03-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #271
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't remember but were people openly discussing how sandra "couldn't win unless a winner was sitting with her?" or was that just her talking in confessional?

If they truly believe that they could be in for a rude awakening.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:09 PM   #272
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It wasn't voting people off that soured people on Russell, it was the way he did it and his bullying. Nobody has ever come close to being as big of a villain as him, nobody could be that disliked.
People also forget that Russell's first season hadn't aired when Hero's vs. Villains was shot. No one knew who he was or what he had done. They disliked him purely from getting to know him on H vs V which makes JT's move in H vs V excusable yet inexcusable at the same time.

Speaking of, I take back what I said about JT last week. Back in the bad books for him. He clearly needs a Fishbach to tell him not to do dumb things.

Briefly back to the killing and eating animals thing for a sec...

I heard a story told awhile back on a Podcast (can't remember what season or who it was and it didn't air) where a tribe found a pelican all by itself in the shallows and someone snuck up behind it and killed it with a rock. They cleaned it and boiled it, cut it up and sat down to eat and the producers came in and told them that sick and diseased pelicans isolate themselves from the flock and that they can't eat it.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:40 PM   #273
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I can't remember but were people openly discussing how sandra "couldn't win unless a winner was sitting with her?" or was that just her talking in confessional?
That was Sandra and Tony... shortly before they decided to go after each other. I'm pretty sure it was just mutual double-speak. Neither Tony nor Sandra have the type of ego that would allow themselves to believe that to be true.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:22 AM   #274
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Enlightening interview with Malcolm on RHAP, here's what happened...

JT wanted to get rid of Sandra, he told Malcolm that he was going to go tell Brad that he (Brad) was safe instead he told Brad that the target was Sierra, JT's plan was to have the other five vote for Sandra and have JT be the 6th vote, when he later realized they weren't going to vote for Sandra he freaked out and tried to change the target but wouldn't say why (wouldn't admit to having given away the game plan) so the target stayed the same.

Which explains why Hali initially didn't "consent" to vote... because JT had been trying change the target (which didn't make the show) and she wanted to give them more time to talk it out but JT wasn't going to admit that he done them dirty so nothing changed.

... I now really think that JT ought to cut Fishbach a cheque for 500K. JT is strong, JT has charm... but damn that boy doesn't have a lick of brains.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2017, 10:41 AM   #275
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Sandra has been to tribal 3 times now without a single vote cast against her.

If you think she's going to go down easy or doesn't already have this game well in hand I think you may be in for a surprise.

Sandra's game to lose at this point.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2017, 11:50 AM   #276
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Usually the people who get blind sided never have prior votes and never see it coming.

Then boom.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:11 PM   #277
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Usually the people who get blind sided never have prior votes and never see it coming.

Then boom.
true
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:09 PM   #278
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well that was something else, it makes me wonder if they take away a players anti-psychotic medication when they get to the Island because Deb was freaking manic crazy and it was certainly uncomfortable and certainly scary.

On the other hand, another really nice blind side in tribal council tonight and Sandra and Varny or whatever his name is have taken over that tribe.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:06 PM   #279
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was she actually saying she ruled in that balance beam challenge??? Unless it was heavily edited she sucked! She's straight up crazy, my God
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:13 PM   #280
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

yeah I was sitting there drinking a beer and saying what the hell are you talking about. And as much as she raged against Brad, she totally lost it on Hali for no good reason.

I almost felt sorry for Brad, he even tried to be diplomatic in the immunity challenge and ask her what she wanted to do, and she lost her nut again.

And man I don't care about your 8 pack or doing wacky a%% pushups on the beach. You be crazy, and you ain't gonna be around for much longer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: