Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
Buzzard
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default More police brutality

This time a Kelowna RCMP officer struts his stuff.

Sounds like the victim may be completely innocent of any wrongdoing as well.

Something about abuse of authority....not much grinds my gears more. I hope he's booted from the force.

Punk ass.

http://sport-tube.com/video/71436
Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
theonlywhiteout
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

he should
A) go to jail for a long time
B) not be allowed to protect even a walmart in the future
theonlywhiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Crazy stuff once more, plus the cop looks like a d-bag youngster. Hope they throw the book at him; guy kneeling + boot = blood everywhere
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

i would feel sorry for the guy getting booted, since he was simply doing what he was paid to do by the golf course, but i imagine he'll be getting quite a hefty settlement from the city. should help to take the sting away from his bloody face a bit
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Hope the officer gets fired!
Old 01-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
HPLovecraft
Took an arrow to the knee

Exp:

Young cops are generally the worst, if you're looking for the worst of the bunch. My buddy grew up short and got a late growth spurt and possesses a bit of an inferiority complex, and, you guessed, it, he's a new police recruit. I pity Charlottetown, PEI!

Oh, and I can't stand the way that news anchor says "tonight."
Old 01-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #7
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

The RCMP, especially, seems to have far lower standards for their entrance recruits than the city police forces. My cousin, who is basically a dead-beat, angry, and lowskilled was rejected out of hand by CPS but made it first-round into the RCMP. Last Christmas, he regaled us all with tasing stories.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes, the police brutality made me angry... but not as much as that doorknob David Eby yappin away at the end of the video... Someone needs to pie that guy again.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #9
Buzzard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlywhiteout View Post
he should
A) go to jail for a long time
B) not be allowed to protect even a walmart in the future
Ahhh, jail would be awesome for him. You just know he'd be getting a bit of...ah-hem...payback there.

Never happen though unfortunately. Not in this country.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #10
bcb
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
Yes, the police brutality made me angry... but not as much as that doorknob David Eby yappin away at the end of the video... Someone needs to pie that guy again.
Why? It was assault.

Henry Steel Commager (1902-1998)

bcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcb View Post
Why? It was assault.
hmmm, i am not referring to anything he said in this video...
Old 01-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #12
ricoFlame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
hmmm, i am not referring to anything he said in this video...
you said you were annoyed by him "yappin away at the end of the video" so if you wern't referring to anything he said in the video, what the hell is your point?
ricoFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ricoFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #13
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Just after I defended the police in a thread something like this pops up, and I wish I could eat my previous words. Unfortunately, yes... young action hero wanna be cops like this guy, with his 3 day beard, and trendy lumberjack guy shirt do give cops a bad name. And to compound things, he booted a guy in the face.... recovering from a brain injury. If this guy turns out to be innocent, he could be looking at 7 figures, that damn near could be construed as attempted murder. As a kick like that to the face could easily be lethal.

This Lethal Weapon wanna be should be stripped of his badge and locked up.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #14
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoFlame View Post
you said you were annoyed by him "yappin away at the end of the video" so if you wern't referring to anything he said in the video, what the hell is your point?
My point is the guy has a history of being a complete jackass, and I cringe every time he shows up in a BC newscast.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #15
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brutal. The way the cop talks to the reporter and struts away shows he's a punk too. Hope the victim is ok, and the cop gets due punishment.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #16
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Brutal. The way the cop talks to the reporter and struts away shows he's a punk too. Hope the victim is ok, and the cop gets due punishment.
Seemed to have a lot of adrenaline still running in him too... still, I'm sure he realized fairly quickly what a stupid decision he made. One stupid decision could ruin his career.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:27 PM   #17
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I'm in no way defending the actions of the police officer, not by any stretch of the imagination, however I would like to point out that the suspect was on disability leave, and not working at the golf course at the time. As the reporter says "when he is working" he was not.

That said, it appears that he was on the golf course, firing blanks to scare geese. Which when working is his job.

I totally understand why the police would have their guns drawn. However, he appeared to be doing exactly what they were saying (imagine if they had the wrong truck). The kick to the head seemed completely unwarranted, and well beyond the limits of the police officer.

Frankly, even if the suspect was on the golf course randomly firing his shotgun, even if it was unregistered and stolen, there was no need for the kick to the face, none what so ever.

Police officers are trained to handle that situation, he did not handle it properly. Ergo should not be a police officer. Mind you, it is possible he was inadequately trained, there the fault falls onto the RCMP. Hence, why there is independent investigation into what happened.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:33 AM   #18
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Ahhh, jail would be awesome for him. You just know he'd be getting a bit of...ah-hem...payback there.

Never happen though unfortunately. Not in this country.
Hahaha... rape is funny when it happens to the incarcerated, eh?
Old 01-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #19
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

i gotta chime in here for a second....

i live in kelowna and i've got a police scanner and heard all of this happen the other day. here's what i heard from the scanner...

a call comes in to 911 of a confirmed multiple shots fired at the harvest golf course. the suspect is seen with a shot gun and driving away in a pickup. the pickup's description and the direction of travel (truck left on KLO rd heading towards the lake) is aired to all members. that's all the cops got.

multiple units head to the golf course while others start looking for the truck. an officer spotted the truck around KLO and Pandosy... about 7 km from the golf course. if i recall correctly i think the shotgun was visible in a gun rack... once the truck was spotted everything happened really fast... especially becuz the officer immediately called for assistance. multiple units respond to the scene and the suspect is arrested.

now...
- do the arresting officers know the guy worked/works at the harvest - no
- do they know the guy is on disability - no
- do they know the guy was possibly firing blanks to scare off birds - no
- do they know the guy is armed - yes - could see the gun
- do they know if the guy will use the gun - absolutely - that's why they responded
- could this suspect possibly have another gun on him - yes
- are they in a crowed public area where others could be harmed if he has a concealed weapon - yes

i guess what i'm trying to say is that hindsight is 20/20.

one of my buddies is an axillary cop and we talked about this kind of thing in the past. he said that you have to assume the worst outcome with every situation - if you don't that's when you or your partner end up getting wounded or worse killed.

and if anyone is wondering - no - i'm not a cop!
Old 01-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #20
Buzzard
First Line Centre

Exp:

^ Your point is really moot.

Even if the victim is guilty of any/everything the officer thought he could be, does it give him reason to haul off and boot him in the face?

I understand police are under a lot of stress in a situation such as this, and have to be aware of all that can happen regarding the public's and their own safety. They need to be proactive on the spot, and reactive when applicable.

What happened here was just plain outright abuse of authority, and this punk ass needs to be held extremely accountable for it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Buzzard For This Useful Post: