Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 02:40 PM   #241
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

TFF is springs1, and both of them are in fact Donald Trump. All of them are actually Agent Smith and there is a big glitch in the Matrix.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:42 PM   #242
Texas Flames Fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
That's a bold faced lie. There was a fear that Texas Health Resources would be dropped by BCBS, but that stalemate was resolved late last year. They were the last hospital group to sign on with BCBS. Try again. Based on your description that means you are in Houston and near the Texas Medical Center. All of the Texas Medical Centers take BCBS. Verified through the BCBS a website. Man, if you're going to continue to lie at least make it something that no one can verify in 20 seconds of work.
I said I live outside of Houston. And everything else I have said is very unfortunately true. I am looking for a new provider and have meetings tomorrow and will keep you all updated if you are interested.

One thing that was mentioned by another poster earlier has stayed with me and that was Canadians pay $25,000/year for a family of 4 for healthcare. I think that may be fairly accurate. My question would be is every Canadian paying for this or what is the percentage of Canadians that pay that rate? Meaning what age, wage and general % of the population that pays that rate compared to the people that pay zero and do not contribute. The next question would be is what percentage is increasing, the payers or the takers?
Old 03-28-2017, 02:43 PM   #243
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Right? If I'm not positive the person next to me is touching the same kind of genitalia as I am I get performance anxiety and can't go. Doesn't even matter if I can't see them. The thought of genitals different than my own being unleashed anywhere in my immediate vicinity terrifies me at the basest of levels.

I'm glad president Don is tackling the tough issues.
Anytime I'm in a bathroom and a guy walks into the stall, I say "Sorry, 'sir,' it's mandatory that I make sure you've got a penis, open that door!"

It's the only way to be sure, and mostly the police let you off with a warning.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:54 PM   #244
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Back to news... A win for the good guys!

Quote:
The U.S. House of Representatives has just approved a "congressional disapproval" vote of privacy rules, which gives your ISP the right to sell your internet history to the highest bidder. The measure passed by 232 votes to 184 along party lines, with one Democrat voting in favor and 14 not voting. This follows the same vote in the Senate last week. Just prior to the vote, a White House spokesman said the president supported the bill, meaning that the decision will soon become law. This approval means that whoever you pay to provide you with internet access -- Comcast, AT&T, Time Warner Cable, etc -- will be able to sell everything they know about your use of the internet to third parties without requiring your approval and without even informing you. That information can be used to build a very detailed picture of who you are: what your political and sexual leanings are; whether you have kids; when you are at home; whether you have any medical conditions; and so on -- a thousand different data points that, if they have sufficient value to companies willing to pay for them, will soon be traded without your knowledge. With over 100 million households online in the United States, that means Congress has just given Big Cable an annual payday of between $35 billion and $70 billion.
https://yro.slashdot.org/story/17/03...tm_medium=feed

So, uhm, yay? I would guess a lot more of stuff like this is coming down the pipe.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:04 PM   #245
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

approved a disapproval?
Old 03-28-2017, 03:07 PM   #246
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

winning. everyone's a winner baby.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump is proposing immediate budget cuts of $18 billion from programs like medical research, infrastructure and community grants so U.S. taxpayers, not Mexico, can cover the down payment on the border wall.

The latest Trump proposal, disclosed Tuesday, would eliminate $1.2 billion in National Institutes of Health research grants, a favorite of both parties. The community development block grant program, also popular, would be halved, amounting to a cut of $1.5 billion, and Trump would strip $500 million from a popular grant program for transportation projects.
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politi...wiG?li=AAggNb9
Old 03-28-2017, 03:08 PM   #247
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Anytime I'm in a bathroom and a guy walks into the stall, I say "Sorry, 'sir,' it's mandatory that I make sure you've got a penis, open that door!"

It's the only way to be sure, and mostly the police let you off with a warning.
It's also just a good icebreaker. Great way to meet new people.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 03:08 PM   #248
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I assume it a disapproval of the rule that blocks them selling the info?
Old 03-28-2017, 03:08 PM   #249
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Trump will not throw out the first pitch for the Nationals. I suppose he's scared to look bad. I'm not a big baseball guy but isn't this one of those things like the press correspondents dinner that everyone usually does? I do like that he was "in talks" to do it as if throwing a single ceremonial baseball is some bigwig negotiation.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ls-game-236590
No chance of that...

The Following User Says Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 03:08 PM   #250
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Back to news... A win for the good guys!

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/17/03...tm_medium=feed

So, uhm, yay? I would guess a lot more of stuff like this is coming down the pipe.
Oh you Googled Alcoholics Anonymous... well your car insurance premiums just doubled. Awesome!
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 03:10 PM   #251
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Why would you need to fund research grants, the private sector can do it. the NIH is communist. And transportation projects? Come on. Roads take care of themselves, and if they don't they should just pull themselves up by their bootstraps. The current road system is communist anyway, private industry can handle it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 03:11 PM   #252
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Sad to see the US which is the source of some of the most exciting new innovations in Nuclear energy being exported and invested heavily by China.

Its bad enough people can't accept on the right the idea that we are contributing significantly to climate change, but also how on the left there is so much resistance to nuclear, the safest form of energy we have.

NOVA on PBS did an excellent look at the state of Nuclear energy today, and what the future holds, but it looks as if the leaders of this new future will be China, India and other nations who can't continue growth based on dirty coal, gas, oil..

Add to that you have Christian Dominionists and young earth creationists who think global climate disaster is simply not possible because only God decides when the world faces catastrophe, are now quite literally in charge of destroying the EPA and will make policy that affects the enviornment for decades to come, unless of course American's smarten up and drastically change congress, governorship's and the senate.

Last edited by Thor; 03-28-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:16 PM   #253
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Sad to see the US which is the source of some of the most exciting new innovations in Nuclear energy being exported and invested heavily by China.
Pretty sure China sees a huge economic opening in clean energy. America will soon get their $3/hr manufacturing jobs back from them when they are light years ahead in technology that matters.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:18 PM   #254
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Pretty sure China sees a huge economic opening in clean energy. America will soon get their $3/hr manufacturing jobs back from them when they are light years ahead in technology that matters.
No they won't. American companies will just buy Chinese made robots to do the job instead.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 03:18 PM   #255
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Leading from behind, the Republican way.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:26 PM   #256
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post

Its bad enough people can't accept on the right the idea that we are contributing significantly to climate change, but also how on the left there is so much resistance to nuclear, the safest form of energy we have.

NOVA on PBS did an excellent look at the state of Nuclear energy today, and what the future holds, but it looks as if the leaders of this new future will be China, India and other nations who can't continue growth based on dirty coal, gas, oil..

Add to that you have Christian Dominionists and young earth creationists who think global climate disaster is simply not possible because only God decides when the world faces catastrophe, are now quite literally in charge of destroying the EPA and will make policy that affects the enviornment for decades to come, unless of course American's smarten up and drastically change congress, governorship's and the senate.

No wonder PBS is being de funded! Too informative to the Us public...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aaronck For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2017, 03:26 PM   #257
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Yep, that is a winning long term strategy, cut science funding. JFK wanted us to go to the moon, The Republican's want us to have badly educated, low paying jobs, dirty fresh water, more air pollution, and for us to just to leave those poor misunderstood massive corporations to be left alone to do what they want, without consequences.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:03 PM   #258
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Manafort really does seem like some kind of second rate Bond villain.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ma...d-flag-n739156
Old 03-28-2017, 05:28 PM   #259
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Another win for working Americans, companies no longer have to pay their employees properly, comply with safety requirements, or treat their employees equally to get government contracts.

EDIT: But it's ok, he held up a rainbow flag!

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ers-again.html
Old 03-28-2017, 06:11 PM   #260
missdpuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
Which triangle do you like best? I bet it's #3...

That's fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms