Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2024, 06:58 AM   #6121
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

So you are saying Hamas has not done any of those things? Okay then.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 07:12 AM   #6122
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
So you are saying Hamas has not done any of those things? Okay then.
I'm saying you might want to wait for some sort of verification before trotting this out as evidence of something. And, you know, maybe give a #### about the IDF actually DOING it where there are facts and evidence?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 07:17 AM   #6123
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Personally, I do not doubt for a minute that Hamas is controlling most of the aid that is meant for Gaza citizens. I mean, they are a known terrorist organization - you don’t get labeled a terrorist unless there is a reason.

As far as killing aid workers, I wouldn’t put it past them, being terrorists and all, but I would want proof of it before declaring it as facts.
Old 04-23-2024, 07:35 AM   #6124
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'm saying you might want to wait for some sort of verification before trotting this out as evidence of something. And, you know, maybe give a #### about the IDF actually DOING it where there are facts and evidence?
So because the IDF is doing it where there are facts and evidence we're not allowed to say that Hamas is doing it as well because you think the facts & evidence for that are not up to your standard?

Should we wait for the Hamas Media Bureau to report it first? Or no?

Old 04-23-2024, 07:39 AM   #6125
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here are actual atrocities being committed by our "ally" as they continue their takeover of the entirity of the West Bank, against all legal and moral standards. If you people actually give a #### about peace at some point, you might consider condemning this in on uncertain terms. Azure? Anyone?

Quote:
In one incident in 2022, members of the unit dragged a 78-year-old American Palestinian man, Omar Assad, from his car after being stopped at a checkpoint. He was bound, gagged, blindfolded and beaten. An autopsy concluded he died of a heart attack from the stress of the encounte
Quote:
Palestinian officials say more than 486 Palestinians have been killed in the West Bank since Oct. 7, many in military raids and others from attacks by settlers.
Quote:
"If you want to solve the problem, you have to go after the government that's responsible for allowing this to happen," said Omar Shakir, the Israel and Palestine director for Human Rights Watch.

"The reason why we're seeing this unprecedented increase in settler violence is because of decades of impunity for settler violence," he told CBC News in an interview in Ramallah.

"They [settlers] are armed by the Israeli government. They are sometimes directly encouraged to carry out attacks, and they're doing so in more and more areas that the Israeli government covets for settlements."
Quote:
"The army was helping [the settlers] and they stopped all kinds of ambulances and medical people from coming to help the injured," Abu Alia said.
Quote:
The United Nations considers the Jewish settlements to be illegal, as do Canada and many other Western countries.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/west-b...180868?cmp=rss

Now please, tell me again how Israel is interested in Peace, and not just eventually taking everything through murder and violence? And yet you people can only find a way to condemn one side in all of this, and will go to whatever end you can find to continue that narrative. Go examine your humanity for a few minutes. You might be violently disgusted by what you discover.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Sol
Old 04-23-2024, 07:51 AM   #6126
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So because the IDF is doing it where there are facts and evidence we're not allowed to say that Hamas is doing it as well because you think the facts & evidence for that are not up to your standard?

Should we wait for the Hamas Media Bureau to report it first? Or no?

Which facts and evidence? A claim from a political rival? What's your standard of proof, here?

You can post whatever you want, just don't be shocked when you get call ed out on it, and have others wonder why you seem so desperate to show "see, the other side does it too!" to justify Israel's murder of aid workers trying desperately to keep people alive. Both sides...
Old 04-23-2024, 08:09 AM   #6127
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I don’t find it difficult to believe at all that Hamas, a terrorist organization, is acting like an terrorist organization, but it’s definitely made more difficult to believe considering the person who shared it and their history of lacking any credibility and hungrily devouring propaganda.

One you’re saying something as simple as “Hamas might be acting like terrorists” and people struggle to believe you, that should be serious cause for self-reflection, but I don’t think that is a card that exists in his mental deck.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2024, 08:40 AM   #6128
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Which facts and evidence? A claim from a political rival? What's your standard of proof, here?

You can post whatever you want, just don't be shocked when you get call ed out on it, and have others wonder why you seem so desperate to show "see, the other side does it too!" to justify Israel's murder of aid workers trying desperately to keep people alive. Both sides...
Okay then.

I guess Hamas isn't the terrorist organization that most of the world says they are, and they would never steal food and kill aid workers.

BTW, I have never said Israel is perfect.
But your hypocrisy is pathetic.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:46 AM   #6129
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Okay then.

I guess Hamas isn't the terrorist organization that most of the world says they are, and they would never steal food and kill aid workers.

LOL, my hypocrisy? I'll condemn Hamas until the cows come home. But since Canada is not supporting or aiding Hamas in any way and is obviously evil, I prefer to direct my criticism onto the player who uhm, well according to you "is not perfect" and who our western world still provides support to.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:52 AM   #6130
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Okay then.

You haven't condemned Isreal once.

Now is your chance. Do you condemn Israel's killing of aid workers? 18 children were massacred in one air strike few days ago. Do you condemn israel for that?

I condemn Hamas and think they are blood thirsty terrorists.

Many posters here have no problem saying Hamas is a terrorist organization. You can't condemn israel because you and others don't see palestinians as humans.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:58 AM   #6131
TherapyforGlencross
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I mean, didn’t the US just sanction an IDF squad? That should tell you in and of itself that Israel is committing some serious crimes in Gaza…
TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 09:02 AM   #6132
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

He's willing to post anything to try and justify his warped support for the deliberate starvation of a population.

And using the very tactic he accuses others of doing. Shameless.

Quote:
Why do you even bother asking that question?
Look at how the usual suspects responded to the UNRWA allegations.

Ignore, spin, move on and fast as possible and hope everyone forgets.
Anyways. Here's a news article clearly showing Hamas dressed up as Israelis blocking aid to a dying population.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/08/middl...sts/index.html

Last edited by Bagor; 04-23-2024 at 09:06 AM.
Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 09:10 AM   #6133
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

At this point we can safely say the war has been won, what is happening now is something else.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 09:13 AM   #6134
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mass graves. Elderly women, stripped with their hands tied behind their back.
Quote:
The UN human rights chief, Volker Türk, has said he was “horrified” by reports of mass graves containing hundreds of bodies at two of Gaza’s largest hospitals.

Palestinian civil defence teams began exhuming bodies from a mass grave outside the Nasser hospital complex in Khan Younis last week after Israeli troops withdrew.

“We feel the need to raise the alarm because clearly there have been multiple bodies discovered,” said Ravina Shamdasani, spokesperson for the UN high commissioner for human rights.

She described bodies “buried deep in the ground and covered with waste”, adding that “among the deceased were allegedly older people, women and wounded”, including some bound and stripped of their clothes.

“Some of them had their hands tied, which of course indicates serious violations of international human rights law and international humanitarian law, and these need to be subjected to further investigations,” she said.

Palestinian rescue teams and several observation missions from the UN also reported the discovery of multiple mass grave sites in the Shifa hospital compound, in Gaza City, earlier this month, after Israeli ground troops withdrew after a prolonged siege.

Medics working for Doctors Without Borders described how Israeli forces attacked Nasser hospital in late January before withdrawing a month later, leaving the facility unable to function.

Rescue workers are continuing to dig through the sandy earth to exhume bodies outside the hospital. Shamdasani said her office was working on corroborating Palestinian officials’ reports that 283 bodies had been found at the site.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gaza-hospitals

Old 04-23-2024, 09:17 AM   #6135
Red Potato Standing By
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Has it been won? I think Hamas achieved exactly what they set out to do and that was to expose Israel to what they are. End of the day, it’s the Palestinian civilians that are paying the price for both side’s stupidity.
Red Potato Standing By is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red Potato Standing By For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2024, 09:53 AM   #6136
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Potato Standing By View Post
Has it been won? I think Hamas achieved exactly what they set out to do and that was to expose Israel to what they are. End of the day, it’s the Palestinian civilians that are paying the price for both side’s stupidity.
Actually I think Hamas effed up seriously, every indication was they didn't expect or plan for the success they had on Oct 7th or the butchery that it came with and so the Israeli response has been beyond their expectations as well.

Gaza has been destroyed, it will take decades to rebuild, vast numbers of Gazans will leave if they can, Israel will be a bit of a pariah for a few years, mostly until Netanyahu is gone but ultimately this will be seen like Lebanon in '82, in a few years life will go back to where it was pre Oct 7th, Israel will live with a low level war on its borders which it did before, the West Bank will still lose land, which it would anyway, Saudi Arabia will quietly sign treaties with Israel, nothing will have changed for the almost total destruction of Gaza, in fact it may all work out in Israel's favour, Hamas has been almost destroyed on the ground in Gaza, and while Israel has clearly over reacted if you are a Gazan you know clearly that if Oct 7th hadn't happened your Grandma, son or Daughter would still be alive, you may hate Israel but the average Gazan will likely have no love for Hamas either and now they have no boots on the ground in Gaza, I can see this being the end of them on the ground there.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2024, 10:23 AM   #6137
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
LOL, my hypocrisy? I'll condemn Hamas until the cows come home. But since Canada is not supporting or aiding Hamas in any way and is obviously evil, I prefer to direct my criticism onto the player who uhm, well according to you "is not perfect" and who our western world still provides support to.
Canada has for years supported the UNRWA which has been a puppet for Hamas. This has all been exposed many times. Money that Canadian taxpayers have paid (i.e. you) has flowed directly into the hands of Hamas, and has been part of continuing the cycle of violence. Does that not bother you? Or does it only bother you when Canadian or Western money flows to Israel?

So yes, you are a hypocrite who creatively seeks to ignore what is actually been a extremely glaring issue for many years (ever wonder why the leaders of Hamas are so rich? of course not).

There is a reason despite Israel going out of their way to seek vengeance in Gaza, that countries like Jordan and Saudi Arabia still help them and still seek to make peace with them.

Oh also, this idea of 'oh look they killed civilians again', and using it as a designation to decide that both sides are equally bad, or even a terrorist state like Zary keeps pouting about when he takes a break from protesting is quite interesting, as the US has killed hundreds of thousands of civilians in the Middle East the past few decades, often with indiscriminate drone attacks where they actively said 'civilian casualties are acceptable at certain rate of terrorist to civilians that are killed.' This is the same doctrine that Israel is using in Gaza. Is the US a terrorist state as well? Did the US actively commit war crimes? Were individual US military members or commands reprimanded for their actions during those conflict? Does that mean the entire US military is a terrorist run organization, and by extension the US government, who commands the US military as well?

So yes, in case it isn't clear to you and the usual suspects, there is only one terrorist organization involved in this conflict.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2024, 10:29 AM   #6138
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Canada has for years supported the UNRWA which has been a puppet for Hamas. This has all been exposed many times. Money that Canadian taxpayers have paid (i.e. you) has flowed directly into the hands of Hamas, and has been part of continuing the cycle of violence. Does that not bother you? Or does it only bother you when Canadian or Western money flows to Israel?

So yes, you are a hypocrite who creatively seeks to ignore what is actually been a extremely glaring issue for many years (ever wonder why the leaders of Hamas are so rich? of course not).

There is a reason despite Israel going out of their way to seek vengeance in Gaza, that countries like Jordan and Saudi Arabia still help them and still seek to make peace with them.

Oh also, this idea of 'oh look they killed civilians again', and using it as a designation to decide that both sides are equally bad, or even a terrorist state like Zary keeps pouting about when he takes a break from protesting is quite interesting, as the US has killed hundreds of thousands of civilians in the Middle East the past few decades, often with indiscriminate drone attacks where they actively said 'civilian casualties are acceptable at certain rate of terrorist to civilians that are killed.' This is the same doctrine that Israel is using in Gaza. Is the US a terrorist state as well? Did the US actively commit war crimes? Were individual US military members or commands reprimanded for their actions during those conflict? Does that mean the entire US military is a terrorist run organization, and by extension the US government, who commands the US military as well?

So yes, in case it isn't clear to you and the usual suspects, there is only one terrorist organization involved in this conflict.
Cool man, enjoy cheering on murder and starvation of innocents, I guess.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2024, 10:41 AM   #6139
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfever View Post
As far as killing aid workers, I wouldn’t put it past them, being terrorists and all
Finally acknowledges Israeli terrorism.
Took a while. But got there eventually.

Old 04-23-2024, 10:51 AM   #6140
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I've kind of always thought this to be the case, however, the last few months proves that there is a segment of the population that will support Israel literally no matter what they do.

Like if Israel was to nuke Calgary and rape their mother they would be like "well she was asking for it, there's also no evidence. And yeah the nuke thing was only a small tactical nuke, not a lot of people got hurt, but they had to because of Hamas and Trudeau. Am Yisrael Chai!!!!!!!!"

I'm not sure what it is other than pure tribalism at this point.

Last edited by _Q_; 04-23-2024 at 10:53 AM.
_Q_ is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to _Q_ For This Useful Post: