Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2024, 09:44 AM   #521
the-rasta-masta
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanda View Post
Skyfire, Zeno and Kuby are definitely the guys to call right now
I'm obviously biased, but Solar YYC is a truly local company, doesn't sub contract any work with only in-house staff working on projects, and has the highest Google reviews as well.

https://www.thebestcalgary.com/best-...anels-calgary/
the-rasta-masta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the-rasta-masta For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2024, 12:19 PM   #522
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rasta-masta View Post
I'm obviously biased, but Solar YYC is a truly local company, doesn't sub contract any work with only in-house staff working on projects, and has the highest Google reviews as well.

https://www.thebestcalgary.com/best-...anels-calgary/
My only complaint with Solar YYC is that I'm still waiting for my panels to be installed. Is it May yet?
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 04:03 PM   #523
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Solar YYC is awesome, unless you have a steep roof, which is pretty disappointing. I guess when you have the luxury of turning work away, you can pick your jobs.

SkyFire is now booking into November!!
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 10:03 AM   #524
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

Today I join the club! Installation underway right now on my 9.18kw system.

I got in just in time for the federal and municipal (Toronto) grants. Soon I'll be powering my home and car with my own solar panels.
starseed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starseed For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2024, 11:35 AM   #525
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

They came and changed out my electrical meter yesterday, so that means my install is getting closer!
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 01:22 PM   #526
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
I'd be interested in what people are seeing for quotes lately. I recently got quoted $31,700 for a 9kW system, which is $3.50/watt all-in. Given how fast the price of panels has been dropping that must be pretty much all install/soft costs. Any thoughts in whether that's in the ballpark?

I'd like to put in a bigger system anyway, as that doesn't use all of my south facing roof. I might switch some of my heating to electrical space heaters this winter so I can put in a bigger array. If the govt doesn't renew any of the funding programs maybe demand/prices will drop...
I was quotd $26k for an 8.1kw system by orizon. goglean confirmed it was high for sure, they se a different inverter that costs more though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
Damn that's too bad.

Still waiting on our $5k rebate to hit our account from the original grant. Been about a month so far and our status is still 'in progress'. Pretty confident that we'll get that cash eventually as we were 'in the system' last year in the fall, were installed February, and completed our post inspection and paperwork in March.

But I think it's a shame that they aren't renewing the program as it was definitely picking up steam - more and more people I know were looking into, or actively getting, solar - which I think is a good thing. Without that extra $5k rebate, I can see some people being turned off or the rate of installation dropping off.
Thats the boat I'm in for sure. My dad is on his second solar system now and when I was getting the quote there was a real disconnect on the grant advantage. Like, I'm paying 5k more, interest free loan value or not it was both before, and now its 1. That is not an advantage. As well, having Edmonton with a 4k municipal grant on top of that, like I told them if we were having a conversation for those benefits (5+4 making it 17k interest free) its no so much of a difficult decision. But why would I pay 9k more just because? To pay more on a loan than I do on electricity

These companies are going to start falling off, its precarious to be dependant on non competitive pricing that only tips the scales with grants and incentives.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:29 PM   #527
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
Damn that's too bad.

Still waiting on our $5k rebate to hit our account from the original grant. Been about a month so far and our status is still 'in progress'. Pretty confident that we'll get that cash eventually as we were 'in the system' last year in the fall, were installed February, and completed our post inspection and paperwork in March.

But I think it's a shame that they aren't renewing the program as it was definitely picking up steam - more and more people I know were looking into, or actively getting, solar - which I think is a good thing. Without that extra $5k rebate, I can see some people being turned off or the rate of installation dropping off.
Are you sure it's direct deposit? For my Greener Homes Grant rebate, I filled in all of the paperwork for banking information, got the loan portion done paperless, but yesterday afternoon, I received a cheque for the $5,600.

I'm not sure if I did a wrong turn somewhere or filled something in incorrectly, but I could have sworn I requested the $5,600 to be direct deposit. Oh well. Cheque vs direct deposit is no big deal. For others though, just make sure you don't lose that cheque.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 01:50 PM   #528
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Are you sure it's direct deposit? For my Greener Homes Grant rebate, I filled in all of the paperwork for banking information, got the loan portion done paperless, but yesterday afternoon, I received a cheque for the $5,600.

I'm not sure if I did a wrong turn somewhere or filled something in incorrectly, but I could have sworn I requested the $5,600 to be direct deposit. Oh well. Cheque vs direct deposit is no big deal. For others though, just make sure you don't lose that cheque.
From what I remember and understand, the loan and grant are administered by different organizations. The loan company is set up to do direct deposit but the grant is paid by NRCAN and they do not do direct deposit only cheques.

It was a pain when I deposited the cheque because I used the teller as I didn't want to put a $5600 cheque in the machine and they had to call NRCAN to verify the cheque but it took a long time to get through to someone on the phone. If you are comfortable with it just put it in the machine so you don't have to stand around forever at the counter.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2024, 08:54 PM   #529
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
From what I remember and understand, the loan and grant are administered by different organizations. The loan company is set up to do direct deposit but the grant is paid by NRCAN and they do not do direct deposit only cheques.

It was a pain when I deposited the cheque because I used the teller as I didn't want to put a $5600 cheque in the machine and they had to call NRCAN to verify the cheque but it took a long time to get through to someone on the phone. If you are comfortable with it just put it in the machine so you don't have to stand around forever at the counter.
Uh... I boringly used the deposit function on my banking app.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: