Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 01:24 PM   #41
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

What kind of game does Hamonic play? Comparables?
Old 06-22-2017, 01:24 PM   #42
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kulak and Ferland for Harmonic. Not a penny more. If it costs more, walk away.

I'm really meh on hamonic to be honest. I'd rather Stone and the free acquisition cost.

Isn't Kulikov UFA as well? Just go sign those two and don't give up anything other than cap space

Last edited by dammage79; 06-22-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:24 PM   #43
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
If Hamonic was acquired, there is a serious log jam for our D prospects, one would have to be going the other way.

I'll play the trade game

To NYI - 2017 1st, Kylington, Kulak

To YYC - Hamonic, 2018 2nd Rd pick
If I'm Flames I'm jumping over desks to fax that in signed
The Following User Says Thank You to MacDaddy77 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2017, 01:26 PM   #44
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
Imagine if Matt Bartkowski played with a top four D at all times as his partner to make him look competent. Like back when Bart played on he Bruins wih Boychuk.

Hamonic is good at rushing the puck and generally "looking engaged". However he gets walked like every game.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 06-22-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #45
TheFlamesVan
Retired

Exp:

So long as it isn't a current roster player, Jankowski, Gillies or Parsons.... I'm in for any trade to bolster our back end.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheFlamesVan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #46
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keep in mind, we have $9million of defense coming off the books in Engelland and Wideman, so there's room to play.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #47
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
Hamonic has a reputation as a solid defensive defenseman, but is actually super permissive, while he generates more offense for his team than you'd think just by looking at his point totals. And he's certainly better than Methot. He can also eat minutes.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 06-22-2017, 01:31 PM   #48
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I still think Stone re-signs. I think he wants to be here and he played solid while he was playing for the Flames.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2017, 01:35 PM   #49
Savvy27
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I wonder if Fox holds more value for American teams than Kylington or Andersson would. He's a legitimate NCAA star and should play a big role on the American World Junior team next year.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:35 PM   #50
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd probably do 16OA and Kylington for Hamonic and 2nd rounder.

Then sign Stone as well.

Gio-Hamilton
Hamonic-Brodie
Wotherspoon/Kulak-Stone

Bartkowski can go up and down from Stockton/Calgary

Flames need to give Wotherspoon/Kulak regular time and see what they are or it's time to cut them loose. They've had enough development time in the AHL.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:36 PM   #51
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamesVan View Post
So long as it isn't a current roster player, Jankowski, Gillies or Parsons.... I'm in for any trade to bolster our back end.
Not even Brouwer, Bouma or Stajan?
Old 06-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #52
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy27 View Post
I wonder if Fox holds more value for American teams than Kylington or Andersson would. He's a legitimate NCAA star and should play a big role on the American World Junior team next year.
Trade Fox to Bruins for Senyshyn
Old 06-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #53
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would Methot do for Brodie what he did for Karlsson? If he would, and the price is cheaper than what the isles want....
Old 06-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #54
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm wondering if flames fans have completely lost faith in the farm system at this point. I believe that stone is as good as signed, and there is out top four. Other players are backup plans.

I would want 2 spots open for defense in our system. I think that wotherspoon and kulak can hold down the left side 5 and 7 spots, and let Rafikov, ollas mattson and Andersson battle it out on the right, for that last spot.

I also would like to see rittich as the backup.

Eventually we should trust our own guys a little.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:43 PM   #55
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Imagine if Matt Bartkowski played with a top four D at all times as his partner to make him look competent. Like back when Bart played on he Bruins wih Boychuk.

Hamonic is good at rushing the puck and generally "looking engaged". However he gets walked like every game.
I am curious how much hockey do you watch? It would seem the way you post that you literally watch all the games in the NHL as well as all the Stockton Heat games. Not that I doubt it in any way but it appears you watch more hockey than is humanly possible unless your job is that of an analyst.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #56
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I'm wondering if flames fans have completely lost faith in the farm system at this point. I believe that stone is as good as signed, and there is out top four. Other players are backup plans.

I would want 2 spots open for defense in our system. I think that wotherspoon and kulak can hold down the left side 5 and 7 spots, and let Rafikov, ollas mattson and Andersson battle it out on the right, for that last spot.

Tough to gift 3 spots to Dmen and expect that to carry the team through the season.

What you are saying is very risky and could result in the team missing the playoffs whiter easily with as little as one injury.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #57
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

or, you know, they could earn it.

Even if they re-sign Stone, they still lose two NHL defensemen in Engelland and Wideman. Right now, Bartkowski is 4th on the depth chart ... that's not going to cut it. Re-signing Stone and bringing in Hamonic would still leave one spot open for someone to earn.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:45 PM   #58
IrishSpring2013
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

hoping this is just tre doing his thing... making calls bumping up prices for a team like colorado... just sign stone again july 1st.. makes it easier and cost is nothing but the third he paid during the season... stone is jus as capable as anyone in the title list IN MY OPINION... and fit in with brodie like a glove...
Old 06-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #59
DomeFoam
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I like the idea of Hamonic and all but I doubt Stone signs if Hamonic is slotted into the top 4. Then we have the same problem of filling our 5-6 slots except its possible one of the prospects we were going to use to do so is now most likely playing for New York. Pass and sign Stone, he is a rock back there.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:47 PM   #60
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

With the defensive prospects the Flames have in the pipeline, one would definitely be on the way back to the Islanders for Hamonic
Closed Thread