Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-19-2017, 09:17 AM   #2101
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Rumour mill can be pretty hilarious sometimes. I expect many more of these until Ronaldo's new deal is done.
They're going to have to start including 'Petulance' clauses in contracts now.

"No stomping your feet and demanding a new contract!!"

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:12 AM   #2102
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ronaldo to United may or may not happen, but if it does he and Mourinho have something to bond over: Mourinho has now likewise been accused of tax fraud in Spain. Real question might be who hasn't committed tax fraud in Spain.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:34 AM   #2103
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah you get the feeling pretty much everyone from Barca or Real have had tax problems over the last few years. They do seem to pubicly shame foreigners though while protecting Spaniards ...

Either Spanish tax laws are weird/ambiguous, or those millionaires just can't get enough.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:20 AM   #2104
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
yeah you get the feeling pretty much everyone from Barca or Real have had tax problems over the last few years. They do seem to pubicly shame foreigners though while protecting Spaniards ...

Either Spanish tax laws are weird/ambiguous, or those millionaires just can't get enough.
Its a bit of both, but seeing as they're all more or less connected through either Barca or Real so I kind of wonder if they all use the same accountant or something because they're all guilty of exactly the same thing.

Using Off-Shore shell companies to hold the revenues from their image rights.

Which Spain made illegal about 9 years ago or so, so you wonder why their accountants continue to do it other than that they've always done it so they kept doing it until they were caught?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2017, 10:50 AM   #2105
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Messi is probably the best example because he wasnt just running it through his offshore shell corporations he was then funneling it to his father's shell corporations based in Argentina, so there was pretty deliberate and obvious Tax Evasion going on there where they were funneling Spanish funds through offshore accounts and into Argentina.

Kind of ironic that now its Spanish cash flowing into Argentina rather than Argentinean cash flowing Spain's way....amirite?

Old 06-20-2017, 11:54 AM   #2106
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

also worth noting that Ronaldo and Mourinho have the same agent, Jorge Mendes. Looks like most tax issues of his clients were handled through his agency Gestifute, and there was probably some bad advice going on there. I mean, I don't think all of those top athletes willingly decided to be tax cheats.

in other news, it seems like Liverpool have finally succeeded in signing AS Roma winger Mohamed Salah. Fee should be around €45m, although there are probably some add-ons in there.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:04 PM   #2107
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
also worth noting that Ronaldo and Mourinho have the same agent, Jorge Mendes. Looks like most tax issues of his clients were handled through his agency Gestifute, and there was probably some bad advice going on there. I mean, I don't think all of those top athletes willingly decided to be tax cheats.

in other news, it seems like Liverpool have finally succeeded in signing AS Roma winger Mohamed Salah. Fee should be around €45m, although there are probably some add-ons in there.
Right, I mean, I am by no means an Expert on 'Sports Taxation' but most athletes tend to do their work and let family or trusted advisers handle the financials.

This is kind of the bad part of it because maybe your accountant or financial adviser screwed up but you're the one on the hook and in the media.

This whole Salah business is beyond me, its huge money so I hope they know what they're doing.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:54 PM   #2108
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

wow I guess at Southampton they still hate Koeman. A lot. So much that they've made him an evil villain in their kit release video.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:12 AM   #2109
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 06-22-2017, 09:16 AM   #2110
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Worker and Parasite ... good times
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2017, 09:22 AM   #2111
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alves, looked pretty good for Juve, and would be a significant upgrade on Segna/Zabeletta.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40364705
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:33 AM   #2112
IrishSpring2013
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
This is baffling. I mean sure, get rid of him and that part makes sense. But why wait this long? So bizarre.
timing just stinks, agreed.. looks like there gonna confirm Mauricio pelligrino soon as the new boss... major upgrade IN My OPINION.. But could have been done sooner..??
IrishSpring2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:01 PM   #2113
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

meanwhile, Crystal Palace have all but confirmed Frank de Boer as their new manager. A kind of a fresh approach by them I guess, not their usual "just avoid relegation, even when it's ugly" hire.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:35 AM   #2114
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
meanwhile, Crystal Palace have all but confirmed Frank de Boer as their new manager. A kind of a fresh approach by them I guess, not their usual "just avoid relegation, even when it's ugly" hire.
Now confirmed.

Quote:
Crystal Palace have announced the appointment of Frank de Boer as their new manager on a three-year contract.
http://www.espnfc.us/crystal-palace/...palace-manager

Why does he want to manage that tire fire?

Old 06-26-2017, 11:40 AM   #2115
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Why does he want to manage that tire fire?
frankly I'm more surprised that he's managed to get a PL job. Ajax thrived as soon as he left, and then he completely crashed and burned at Inter. IMO he's just not really that good of a manager, but his name might help him a bit.

I've never really rated him, to be honest. I remember his Ajax team being completely dismantled by RB Salzburg in the EL a couple of years ago (3-0 and 3-1). Sure, that was a fantastic Salzburg team with players like Sadio Mane, Jonny Soriano and Kevin Kampl, but still ... that was a massacre.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:41 AM   #2116
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
frankly I'm more surprised that he's managed to get a PL job. Ajax thrived as soon as he left, and then he completely crashed and burned at Inter. IMO he's just not really that good of a manager, but his name might help him a bit.

I've never really rated him, to be honest. I remember his Ajax team being completely dismantled by RB Salzburg in the EL a couple of years ago (3-0 and 3-1). Sure, that was a fantastic Salzburg team with players like Sadio Mane, Jonny Soriano and Kevin Kampl, but still ... that was a massacre.
Ah! A match made in heaven.

Hopefully his appointment means that Liverpool can finally pull one over on our age-old London rivals!

Old 06-26-2017, 11:57 AM   #2117
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ah! A match made in heaven.

Hopefully his appointment means that Liverpool can finally pull one over on our age-old London rivals!
hopefully not. The yearly Liverpool choke job against Palace is always fun
Old 06-26-2017, 12:11 PM   #2118
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
hopefully not. The yearly Liverpool choke job against Palace is always fun
Dont make me fly to Australia and slap you!

Old 06-26-2017, 12:15 PM   #2119
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Dont make me fly to Australia and slap you!
oooh come on. I'll throw some shrimps on the barbie and then you can do my taxes. It'll be fun!
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2017, 12:16 PM   #2120
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
oooh come on. I'll throw some shrimps on the barbie and then you can do my taxes. It'll be fun!
Well you have to get there too, its like neutral territory because I'm not flying to Switzerland, I'm not falling for that again.