Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-06-2017, 11:34 AM   #21
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm bummed out I have to use DAZN for NFL Sunday Ticket. I used to like how I could have four or five games going on that I could switch back and forth to bypass commercials. Not sure how you can do this streaming games.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:37 AM   #22
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter
Miami and former Bears QB Jay Cutler are finalizing a one-year deal, sources tell ESPN. Two sides are expected to hammer it out shortly.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:37 AM   #23
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
According to these metrics....Raiders the likliest team to regress this season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...an-expectation

Not that i buy into a lot of this stuff, but its an interesting read just the same.
They definately will regress as they won't win 12 games because of their schedule being more difficult. That said 10 wins probably wins the AFC West because all teams have that same difficult schedule.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:48 AM   #24
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Miami's one-year deal with QB Jay Cutler is worth $10 million, plus incentives, per source.

wow. I guess Tannehill will be out for a while ...
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:07 PM   #25
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm bummed out I have to use DAZN for NFL Sunday Ticket. I used to like how I could have four or five games going on that I could switch back and forth to bypass commercials. Not sure how you can do this streaming games.

For the amount of money I'll be saving its worth it to me.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:13 PM   #26
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Miami's one-year deal with QB Jay Cutler is worth $10 million, plus incentives, per source.

wow. I guess Tannehill will be out for a while ...
It may be an upgrade as IMO Tannehill is by definition a thoroughly mediocre QB as that offense has much more talent than their standing last season as a bottom 10 offense. The Dolphins have pretty good skill at the receiver position and while Cutler isn't much of a leader he may be able to get better production out of that talent.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:17 PM   #27
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
For the amount of money I'll be saving its worth it to me.
I'm still not a fan of streaming sports as they still can't match the fluid feed of regular television.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #28
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm still not a fan of streaming sports as they still can't match the fluid feed of regular television.
True, but the fluid feel of cash back to my pocket is worth the extra 3 seconds itll take to switch.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:15 PM   #29
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I agree 100% that live streaming isn't as good. But I've been streaming for the past few years as I don't have cable. So I'm used to it
Old 08-08-2017, 12:59 AM   #30
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I signed up and downloaded the app in ps4

It seems pretty easy to do exactly that, I was using it while they had some soccer games on this weekend and switching back and forth was instant and went straight to hd

Was pleasantly surprised at how simple it was and think it will be a better experience than switching between the games and red zone
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:23 AM   #31
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Interesting to watch, it seems Denver is actively trying to trade for AJ McCarron. They are unimpressed with the QB battle in camp so far as Siemien has been reported to not have taken the next step the staff wants to see and Lynch is still a total bust and waste of a pick.

Coach Joseph is familiar with AJ from his time in Cincy. I suspect he's more Matt Flynn than Steve Young but I don't mind bringing in someone else. God that Lynch pick was so dumb.

Edit: of course being denied by everyone, it was Sandy Clough who reported it. He's the 100 year old sports guy in town that everyone trusts. Time will tell I guess.

Last edited by ResAlien; 08-09-2017 at 08:56 AM.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 10:46 AM   #32
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quincy Enunwa went down for the Jets last week. Not that they were looking like a great team anyways, but I think they legitimately have a chance to go 0-16 this year.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 02:52 PM   #33
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Interesting to watch, it seems Denver is actively trying to trade for AJ McCarron. They are unimpressed with the QB battle in camp so far as Siemien has been reported to not have taken the next step the staff wants to see and Lynch is still a total bust and waste of a pick.

Coach Joseph is familiar with AJ from his time in Cincy. I suspect he's more Matt Flynn than Steve Young but I don't mind bringing in someone else. God that Lynch pick was so dumb.

Edit: of course being denied by everyone, it was Sandy Clough who reported it. He's the 100 year old sports guy in town that everyone trusts. Time will tell I guess.
If the performances from the QBs are lackluster tomorrow you will start to hear about Peyton Manning being called. That's where the media will go first.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:18 PM   #34
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post

The fact that Elway was upset about the rumors tells me they kicked the tires and were denied (many teams have tried to trade for McCarron and the Bengals have been hesitant) and now he's doing damage control. It's going to be hard to make the playoffs in the AFC west if you have the worst starting QB of the division.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:19 PM   #35
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Quincy Enunwa went down for the Jets last week. Not that they were looking like a great team anyways, but I think they legitimately have a chance to go 0-16 this year.
They badly want the first overall pick and it shows by the work they have done this offseason. 2018 is shaping up to be a good QB class and knowing the Jets they will pick the wrong guy with the first overall pick.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-09-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:12 PM   #36
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Displaced Flames fan View Post
If the performances from the QBs are lackluster tomorrow you will start to hear about Peyton Manning being called. That's where the media will go first.
Why? Manning was clearly done in his last season. Kaepernick is the obvious stopgap solution but NFL owners are cowards.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:04 PM   #37
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watching Panthers and Texans and quite impressed so far with the quality of Dazn
Old 08-09-2017, 06:11 PM   #38
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There will be at least four weeks next year the Jets play well enough to win (or maybe more to the point to not lose). Odds are one of those weeks they'll find someone who's playing poorly. Just means we should appreciate the 2008 Lions season even more, 0-16 is just as difficult as 16-0.

As for the Broncos, they should be trying to coax Romo into coming in after camp. If not, try Favre. And if neither of them, blow it up now and get the assets you can, Broncos are built to win this season and maybe next, so without competent QB play you might as well load up on picks and young guys.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:44 PM   #39
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They badly want the first overall pick and it shows by the work they have done this offseason. 2018 is shaping up to be a good QB class and knowing the Jets they will pick the wrong guy with the first overall pick.

Not only a good qb class but a deep one, having a year to scout Rosen, darnold, allen all talked about as potential franchise guys

Falk, Jackson, Randolph could make a big push

You need to get lucky to be a contender, get 1st overall and JaMarcus Russell be the consensus pick (still remember Kiper praising the pick on the draft) and you get delayed by years, have it be Peyton, of luck, or Ryan, or Jameis and the team is on the rise

It looks like this is a good year to suck. The jets, 49ers, Browns, bears, maybe the Rams seem most likely
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:15 AM   #40
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why? Manning was clearly done in his last season. Kaepernick is the obvious stopgap solution but NFL owners are cowards.
This is false narrative. Kaepernick isn't a solution for any team. The 49ers went 1-10 behind him last season, 2-6 behind him in 2015 and 8-8 in 2014. He's a backup caliber QB and that's not going to help the Broncos in the AFC West. NFL owners aren't cowards as they are treating Kaepernick the same as Tebow in that no team wants their backup QB to be a distraction. Add in the fact that it would infuriate a percentage of season ticket holders and there's simply not much upside to bringing him in as he's not good enough to lead a team to a winning record.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: