Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 02:36 PM   #5461
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
If we are playing that game though the dems probably should have run a candidate with less baggage but they were hell bent on the first women president following the first black president
less baggage? like Trump?
Old 06-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #5462
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Reading online a bit about the CBO score. What a mess. If that thing passes through, I don't......I don't even know what to say anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2017, 04:11 PM   #5463
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Charles Krauthammer on Fox said that its now inevitable that single payer will happen in the US, just a matter of time; this coming from a pretty right wing conservative with strong libertarian leanings.

This is the last gasp I believe before all hell breaks lose on healthcare for all, I think 2018 and 2020 will become elections about healthcare.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:31 PM   #5464
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Single payer for essential services is the only thing that makes sense. Set it up like the Canadian system and allow the states to meet or exceed the national standard if they so desire. That will drag down prices and control costs. Supplemental insurance only for those who want or need greater services.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:34 PM   #5465
Roast Beef
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Obama thought Hillary had it in the bag (like the rest of us) and didn't want it to look like a he aided in her victory so he left things alone for the most part.

that backfired
That's what happens when you vastly overestimate the intelligence and critical thinking skills of a large portion of the American population.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roast Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2017, 04:59 PM   #5466
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

We will immediately repeal and replace ObamaCare - and nobody can do that like me. We will save $'s and have much better healthcare!
2:15 PM · Feb 9, 2016
Old 06-26-2017, 05:21 PM   #5467
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Collins has now said that she will vote against the bill, which is important; that's two centrist Republicans against it. They need a third to prevent the Republicans from simply moving it further right to satisfy the objectors at the other end of the spectrum. It's not clear if anything could flip Rand Paul or if he's a hard no either way. However, it's probably better for the Republicans that this dies right now, rather than the protracted theatre of trying to make an even crueler version to satisfy Cruz and other conservatives.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:26 PM   #5468
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

But the CBO has been wrong before, therefore it must be wrong now.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:31 PM   #5469
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone voting in favor of this thing is a despicable human being. I hope it crashes and burns just like their first attempt.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:34 PM   #5470
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Meanwhile Gorsuch has confirmed he'll be a thorn in the side of equality and separation of church and state, and another pro-gun-anyone-can-carry-a-loaded-gun-in-public guy.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:54 PM   #5471
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm digging the altfacts name for the healthcare act: Wealthcare. Cause, won't someone please, please think of the billionaires?
Old 06-26-2017, 06:32 PM   #5472
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I'm digging the altfacts name for the healthcare act: Wealthcare. Cause, won't someone please, please think of the billionaires?
Wealthcare is funny, but the smart thing is to continuously call it Trumpcare or GOPcare. Make sure the voters are absolutely sure who is responsible for this travesty of a bill.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2017, 06:39 PM   #5473
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Yep PLEASE call it GOPcare and Trumpcare because we have to make this stick like they did with Obamacare. Let them own this piece of garbage.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #5474
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I suspect it never passes, I think they come back around to just letting Obamacare fail and hoping the Dems take the brunt of the backlash for it. Certainly a better and more calculated risk than taking ownership of what will likely cost them many seats in 2018.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:52 PM   #5475
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I suspect it never passes, I think they come back around to just letting Obamacare fail and hoping the Dems take the brunt of the backlash for it. Certainly a better and more calculated risk than taking ownership of what will likely cost them many seats in 2018.
I think that's the smart strategy at this point, but at the same point it'll be hard for them to argue that they have any agenda to fix or replace it given that the best they could do even with the presidency/house/senate is rolling out and then abandoning a couple tremendously unpopular measures that they could not agree on. They'll get hammered on health care either way. Either they pass a universally unpopular repeal bill, or they fail to do anything on the issue they've been most vocal about over the last 8 years. Neither looks good on them.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:09 PM   #5476
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
I think that's the smart strategy at this point, but at the same point it'll be hard for them to argue that they have any agenda to fix or replace it given that the best they could do even with the presidency/house/senate is rolling out and then abandoning a couple tremendously unpopular measures that they could not agree on. They'll get hammered on health care either way. Either they pass a universally unpopular repeal bill, or they fail to do anything on the issue they've been most vocal about over the last 8 years. Neither looks good on them.
Possibly,

On the other hand midterm elections historically have been about turnout. So if you are going to be slammed for not repleaing Obamacare or your going to be slammed for repealing Obamacare you might be better off doing the one that gives your base a win.

I think this is why I'm the end it passed the house. Playing to the base and ensuring you don't get primaried. In the senate you would have to look at the seats that are up to see how it would play.

I would argue though that the fact that the republicans will get blamed either way is a reason to pass the bill rather than block it.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:17 PM   #5477
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah it wasn't a good situation but looking back...he probably should have done more

I mean Trump is the leader of the free world FFS

If we are playing that game though the dems probably should have run a candidate with less baggage but they were hell bent on the first women president following the first black president
Can we please dispel with the notion that the US is the "leader of the free world". It is no longer accurate.

It's like saying Russia still is a democracy. You can state it, but it just isn't true.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2017, 07:20 PM   #5478
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's pretty much just us and Germany now... does Japan count?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 06-26-2017, 07:30 PM   #5479
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've always felt that a free world does not have a leader. Maybe it's just the leftist in me.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #5480
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I think it's pretty much just us and Germany now... does Japan count?
It's like the movie King Ralph. Canada became King because everyone else is gone
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms