Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-26-2017, 11:25 AM   #5581
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Slinger View Post
I'm seeing a lot of the orange jerseys and flags around now. I never minded the Oilers blue jerseys but those orange concoctions are just revolting.

Legit question Oiler fans: do you actually like the orange monstrosities?
Nope
Old 04-26-2017, 11:26 AM   #5582
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
I'm seeing a lot of the orange jerseys and flags around now. I never minded the Oilers blue jerseys but those orange concoctions are just revolting.

I know they wore them in the WHA but I just don't get it.

Sure hope the Flames don't roll out a yellow one any time soon.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:28 AM   #5583
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I've actually mentioned to people I like them more than I thought I would when I heard they were rolling them out. That said, I'm also someone who liked the navy and copper a lot - I'd have preferred they didn't go back to the retro colours in the first place. So take that for what it's worth.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ruttiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2017, 11:37 AM   #5584
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

I do. Love the orange. have an Orange 97, and have both colors flags.
The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2017, 11:43 AM   #5585
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Hate em. Much preferred the Copper and Blue, even more-so than the regular blue and orange.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:19 PM   #5586
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, apparently the LRT station closest to Rogers Place isn't big enough to handle the traffic of an NHL game.

https://www.timquerengesser.com/blog...p7jvrtcwzaqf7k

Quote:
Since 2016, as the documents I obtained in the FOIP reveal, Edmonton Transit’s advertising has encouraged Edmonton residents to “beat the crowds” to the arena by taking the Capital Line LRT to Bay/Enterprise Station and then taking a “short walk” along 103 or 104 Streets to Rogers Place.

The reason? The MacEwan station was not designed or built to handle large crowds, despite being right next door to an arena and despite featuring prominently in the Ice District’s marketing campaign (see 0:20 in this video).

“At no time should a steady flow of more than 100 customers be allowed to enter the west concourse [of the MacEwan station],” reads an ETS standard operating procedure briefing that was included in the FOIP documents I obtained.

“[Transit peace officers] will stop the crowd flow if the concourse fills or if more than 100 customers are attempting to use that path to concourse in one continuous crowd, and will not start allowing customers through until the concourse has cleared.”

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2017, 12:22 PM   #5587
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

With the whole league jersey refresh coming next year with the new deal with Adidas, Oilers are probably the team that will best adapt the use of the Adidas 3-stripe piping on the new jerseys, since their city uniform already includes them.

Spoiler!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2017, 07:45 PM   #5588
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is that the Van Buren Boys?

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to VladtheImpaler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 08:13 AM   #5589
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

NSFL Is this the point in time where CP must collectively take a step back and realize that the Oilers are good now? That realization makes me want to puke in my mouth.

Also, as far as their jerseys are concerned, never was a fan of the orange, but the classic retro blue with orange shoulders.

Last edited by SmoggyFlamesFan; 04-27-2017 at 08:27 AM. Reason: NSFL
Old 04-27-2017, 08:17 AM   #5590
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoggyFlamesFan View Post
Is this the point in time where CP must collectively take a step back and realize that the Oilers are good now? That realization makes me want to puke in my mouth.

Also, as far as their jerseys are concerned, never was a fan if the orange, but the classic retro blue with orange shoulders.
Just because they are playing well does not negate the fact that E=NG.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Timbo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 08:20 AM   #5591
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Just because they are playing well does not negate the fact that E=NG.
But how can that algebraic expression carry accuracy and semblance when in fact, all of a sudden, E = G. This is madness!!
Old 04-27-2017, 08:20 AM   #5592
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Is this the point in time where CP must collectively take a step back and realize that the Oilers are good now? That realization makes me want to puke in my mouth.

Also, as far as their jerseys are concerned, never was a fan if the orange, but the classic retro blue with orange shoulders.
Can you edit and put that behind a NSFL tag?
Old 04-27-2017, 08:27 AM   #5593
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
Can you edit and put that behind a NSFL tag?
Yes sir! Sorry!
Old 04-27-2017, 08:56 AM   #5594
Steve Bozek
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The Oilers could even (God forbid!) win the Stanley Cup, and E = NG would still hold true.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steve Bozek For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 09:55 AM   #5595
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
NSFL Is this the point in time where CP must collectively take a step back and realize that the Oilers are good now? That realization makes me want to puke in my mouth.

Also, as far as their jerseys are concerned, never was a fan of the orange, but the classic retro blue with orange shoulders.
How does E=G? I'm just asking about the specific event or events that make you "realize" that the Greasers are suddenly good?

Here is a question for you; does this realization eliminate the 4 iterations of this thread? Where have you been for the last 10 years?

There is your "aha" moment; one moment of lottery ball madness, one playoff round win, literally billions of electrons and airwaves wasted to fawn over the greasers, do not make E=G. Everything that you "realized" can be compounded by over 10 years of complete ineptitude.

Need further mathematical proof? Look at my signature. How can one playoff round win eliminate those debacles of monumental proportions?

Therefore E=NG.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McG For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 10:55 AM   #5596
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Whatever may or may not happen history can not be rewritten. Edmonton was, is and will always be no good. We're not simply talking average no good we're talking north american professional sport record setting levels of futility. Edmonton is no good.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:05 AM   #5597
Redrum
First Line Centre

Exp:

I thought it was already established that any success the coilers have has a big fat * next to it. The only reason they are even in the playoffs is because they sucked so bad the draft rules got changed solely because of them which allowed them to acquire McDerpid.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:11 AM   #5598
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So, by that logic, they were "forced" to become G? Man, I'm a flames fan and a hardcore lurker since 06 (only recent poster), on here, but it's unreal how touchy people are. You can't draw on the fact that they have sucked for 10 years. That's like using their ignorant logic of "5 stanley cups in the 80s." It's irrelevant now. We are not playing, while they still are, and damn, they look a like a threat. Sue me for my open mindedness. Looks like my opinion will not be popular around here.
The Following User Says Thank You to SmoggyFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 11:41 AM   #5599
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
So, by that logic, they were "forced" to become G? Man, I'm a flames fan and a hardcore lurker since 06 (only recent poster), on here, but it's unreal how touchy people are. You can't draw on the fact that they have sucked for 10 years. That's like using their ignorant logic of "5 stanley cups in the 80s." It's irrelevant now. We are not playing, while they still are, and damn, they look a like a threat. Sue me for my open mindedness. Looks like my opinion will not be popular around here.
In a thread titled "Edmonton is No Good Episode 4: New Rink, Same Stink," which contains 5,599 posts and counting, and is the fourth instalment in a series of threads that cumulatively contain well over 30,000 posts?

Do you think so??!!

This is not open-mindedness so much as it is myopia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #5600
alan21
Don't click that link!

Exp:

Due to this Ducks vs Oilers series I have decided not to watch hockey again until October. I'm no doctor but I can safely assume watching hockey any further will be harmful to my health.
Closed Thread