Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2024, 10:15 AM   #41
marsplasticeraser
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Otto View Post
My family and I bought two Tenne Niklas Saunas from Boreal Shores Log Structures. So far, they've been excellent! Really enjoyable in winter and summer.

They are a kit style sauna and came with everything. Really easy and fun to assemble. They are shipped from Estonia.

https://tene.ee/en/product/sauna-niklas-with-a-terrace/

https://borealshoreslogstructures.ca...atalog/saunas/

I'm not sure what the final price was, but will check.
I'd love to know the price on those!
marsplasticeraser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marsplasticeraser For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2024, 10:33 AM   #42
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsplasticeraser View Post
Ditto.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 10:35 AM   #43
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Yeah...hard pass on the sauna where people can watch me sweat my ass off.

In a place like the Nordic Spa...there is an expectation of decorum but the advantage of that is...you'll never see these people again.

In my back-yard, with my neighbours? That I see every day?

Thanks but no thanks.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 11:34 AM   #44
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I can't really see how a sauna is less disgusting than a hot tub. It's basically a super heated closet where people go to sweat their asses off.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 11:41 AM   #45
Captain Otto
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsplasticeraser View Post
They are $5500 plus tax. They come as a kit but we bought the stove separately. We also bought our own shingles.

We built them a rec properties in Manitoba/Ontario so as I mentioned, they were purchased from a local supplier in Manitoba. However, Tene ships world wide.

According to Tene's site, they come fully equipped with a stove and roofing so I am not sure if the supplier in Manitoba removes that from the package and upsells or what. I never bothered to ask.

We stained and painted it up and it looks pretty nice. If I knew how to post a pic, I would.
Captain Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 11:58 AM   #46
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
I can't really see how a sauna is less disgusting than a hot tub. It's basically a super heated closet where people go to sweat their asses off.
Well, in a hot tub water gets in all your nooks and crannies and then spreads around to me. You share pubes, back hair, leg hair, ass hair etc. and it floats around. Toe jam, belly button lint, you name it. It all releases off of you and spreads around like a big soup. Your swear mixes in with the water and then I'm sitting in your sweat and BO. Plus water that touched your butt hole is now touching me. Eww.

A sauna has literally none of those problems. If you are sweating in it I'm not stewing in your sweat. I'm here and you're over there.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 11:59 AM   #47
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
They are $5500 plus tax. They come as a kit but we bought the stove separately. We also bought our own shingles.

We built them a rec properties in Manitoba/Ontario so as I mentioned, they were purchased from a local supplier in Manitoba. However, Tene ships world wide.

According to Tene's site, they come fully equipped with a stove and roofing so I am not sure if the supplier in Manitoba removes that from the package and upsells or what. I never bothered to ask.

We stained and painted it up and it looks pretty nice. If I knew how to post a pic, I would.
Those are pretty cool. Only downside I see is there is no cedar so you wouldn't get that traditional aroma. Did you get wood stoves or electric?
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 12:01 PM   #48
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Well, in a hot tub water gets in all your nooks and crannies and then spreads around to me. You share pubes, back hair, leg hair, ass hair etc. and it floats around. Toe jam, belly button lint, you name it. It all releases off of you and spreads around like a big soup. Your swear mixes in with the water and then I'm sitting in your sweat and BO. Plus water that touched your butt hole is now touching me. Eww.

A sauna has literally none of those problems. If you are sweating in it I'm not stewing in your sweat. I'm here and you're over there.
Plus chemicals. When you're sitting in a hot tub you're sitting in a ton of chemicals.
Old 01-17-2024, 12:07 PM   #49
Captain Otto
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
Those are pretty cool. Only downside I see is there is no cedar so you wouldn't get that traditional aroma. Did you get wood stoves or electric?
I guess you could add some cedar highlights or build the interior benches out of cedar.

We got a wood stove. Really adds to the whole experience. I want to say it was about $350 bucks and it blasts a lot of heat.
Captain Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 12:18 PM   #50
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I guess you could add some cedar highlights or build the interior benches out of cedar.

We got a wood stove. Really adds to the whole experience. I want to say it was about $350 bucks and it blasts a lot of heat.
Yeah, it would be pretty easy to add a bit of cedar and I agree, wood heat is the way to go, especially at a recreational property.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 01:15 PM   #51
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

That sounds pretty extreme if we are talking private family hot tubs/saunas lol. Public ones are disgusting for sure.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 01:22 PM   #52
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

But that contrasting temperature when half of your body is in the hot tub water and the other half is above the water and it's - 15 outside is amazing...
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2024, 01:23 PM   #53
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Have you tried the ones at Nordic Spa?

I thought about this concept before in my own back yard, but I had a hard time figuring out how to do it because I kinda hoped it could be multi use winter and summer. I don't really think I could use a sauna in the summer. Plus price point wise, I just couldn't justify several grand to tens of thousands for such a project.

That either led me down the path of saunas that could double as a change room in the summer, but that made no sense because what would I need a change room in my back yard for. Or crazy expensive Hele brand one way mirror glass saunas, which again, no idea how often I'd use it. I did basically land on the idea I'd love a place to lounge and have big open glass to just look out at the night sky and whatnot, like maybe a campfire replacement, but much warmer and less bugs.

That sorta ended up sending me down the path towards a Geodesic dome which I wondered if it might be possible to convert to a glamping dome in the summer, then convert back to sauna for the winter... but holy crap those prices! I'm better off going to the Nordic spa for the next decade!

Did you miss his post where Sliver said he wants to hang naked in his sauna? Why do you hate his neighbours so much?
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 01:41 PM   #54
Rjcsjc62
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Have you considered a "Kota Sauna"? If I had the means, I would.

As I understand it, its a like a small shed that you can either treat like a sauna, or BBQ your food in, or sit around with your family and sauna while BBQ'ing your food.

I cant seem to link pictures, but you should google it.
Rjcsjc62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 01:46 PM   #55
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjcsjc62 View Post
Have you considered a "Kota Sauna"? If I had the means, I would.

As I understand it, its a like a small shed that you can either treat like a sauna, or BBQ your food in, or sit around with your family and sauna while BBQ'ing your food.

I cant seem to link pictures, but you should google it.
How easy is it to distinguish family from food in this instance?
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 04:14 PM   #56
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 04:25 PM   #57
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
But that contrasting temperature when half of your body is in the hot tub water and the other half is above the water and it's - 15 outside is amazing...
Agreed, that does feel so sweet.