Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 06:35 PM   #1
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default The Curse of the Jets

Edmonton will NOT win the Stanley Cup, since they have not won a playoff round against Winnipeg. The "Curse" has been known to prairie people for over 25 years. If the Oilers beat the Jets in the playoffs, only then will Edmonton drink champagne for Lord Stanley.

Until that happens, Edmonton will only be a bridesmaid.
The Following User Says Thank You to ToewsFan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2017, 06:37 PM   #2
IrishSpring2013
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

another winner
wtf is happenin to this website
someone get a grip on things
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IrishSpring2013 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #3
oilyfan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Toewsfan - are you perpetually drunk?
Old 05-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #4
Rubicant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Not every thought deserves its own thread. This would be barely noticeable as a post in any of the other Edmonton threads.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #5
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Well...i don't actually mind this one. I heartily endorse any non-Flames curse that can be invoked on our mortal enemies.
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #6
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I really...really...want the Oilers to win the cup this year. I want them to break the curse.

But, it is what it is. In 84,85,87,88, and 90 the Oilers knocked off the Jets in their road to glory.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:56 PM   #7
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

ToewsFan, your posts are like insane rambling YouTube conspiracy videos. They're literally about nothing.

"The Edmonton Oilers have five Stanley Cups. They won four of those with Wayne Gretzky. Wayne Gretzky is from Brantford, Ontario. Ontario is to the right of Manitoba. You know what was to the right of Wayne Gretzky when he won those four Stanley Cups? Jari Kurri.

Jari Kurri's first name has how many letters? Four, the same as the number of Stanley Cups Gretzky won with Edmonton. You know what else has four letters? The name of Winnipeg's NHL team... the Jets.

Guess what else... you have to win FOUR playoff rounds to win the Stanley Cup, and Gretzky did that four times! That's sixteen rounds! Jari Kurri wore #17 with Edmonton. People say Gretzky is the #1 player in history. What's 17 - 1? Sixteen, the same number as how many playoff rounds Gretzky won in his, wait for it, FOUR Stanley Cup rings! And guess what else... the Jets were tied for being the FOURTH Canadian NHL team when they joined, after the Leafs, Habs, and Canucks! And guess who else was tied for being the FOURTH team? The Oilers!

So, the Jets have four letters. Gretzky has four cup rings. He had to win sixteen rounds. Squares have four sides. Square trees have four sides, and also have roots. Hey, you know what the square root of sixteen (rounds) is? FOUR! And hey, remember how Gretzky was the #1 player ever? 4 - 1 is 3! Speaking of shapes, you know what has three sides? A triangle! 'Winnipeg Jets' has two 'I's, but since you have to win against the Jets to win the Cup, have (half) of two is 1! And you know what else has 1 'I' (eye)?

The Illuminati Triangle.

Mind. Blown."

- ToewsFan

Old 05-08-2017, 06:57 PM   #8
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToewsFan View Post
I really...really...want the Oilers to win the cup this year. I want them to break the curse.

But, it is what it is. In 84,85,87,88, and 90 the Oilers knocked off the Jets in their road to glory.
Well now you've cursed them.

Connor McDavid and The Tenderness now hate you, but you just won on CP.

Your prize is never being allowed to start a thread on this site ever again.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CsInMyBlood For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2017, 07:00 PM   #9
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
ToewsFan, your posts are like insane rambling YouTube conspiracy videos. They're literally about nothing.

"The Edmonton Oilers have five Stanley Cups. They won four of those with Wayne Gretzky. Wayne Gretzky is from Brantford, Ontario. Ontario is to the right of Manitoba. You know what was to the right of Wayne Gretzky when he won those four Stanley Cups? Jari Kurri.

Jari Kurri's first name has how many letters? Four, the same as the number of Stanley Cups Gretzky won with Edmonton. You know what else has four letters? The name of Winnipeg's NHL team... the Jets.

Guess what else... you have to win FOUR playoff rounds to win the Stanley Cup, and Gretzky did that four times! That's sixteen rounds! Jari Kurri wore #17 with Edmonton. People say Gretzky is the #1 player in history. What's 17 - 1? Sixteen, the same number as how many playoff rounds Gretzky won in his, wait for it, FOUR Stanley Cup rings! And guess what else... the Jets were tied for being the FOURTH Canadian NHL team when they joined, after the Leafs, Habs, and Canucks! And guess who else was tied for being the FOURTH team? The Oilers!

So, the Jets have four letters. Gretzky has four cup rings. He had to win sixteen rounds. Squares have four sides. Square trees have four sides, and also have roots. Hey, you know what the square root of sixteen (rounds) is? FOUR! And hey, remember how Gretzky was the #1 player ever? 4 - 1 is 3! Speaking of shapes, you know what has three sides? A triangle! 'Winnipeg Jets' has two 'I's, but since you have to win against the Jets to win the Cup, have (half) of two is 1! And you know what else has 1 'I' (eye)?

The Illuminati Triangle.

Mind. Blown."

- ToewsFan
I'll admit that made me laugh. Well done.

Mind. Blown.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:01 PM   #10
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

The Illuminati Triangle.

Mind. Blown."

- ToewsFan
That is some rant. I'm impressed.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:02 PM   #11
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey, are you tired of real threads, cluttering up your browser, where you open ’em, and they actually go somewhere? And you go in another thread? Get on down to “Real Fake threads”! That’s Par and Toewsfan's domain. Fill a whole browser up with ’em. See? Watch, check this out! Won’t mean anything. Won’t mean anything at all. Not this one, not this one. None of ’em mean anything! Fakethreads.com is our website, so check it out for a lot of really great deals on fake threadssssssssss!

The Following User Says Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #12
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
That is some rant. I'm impressed.
You're impressed?

I mean, it's basically you.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:04 PM   #13
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
Hey, are you tired of real threads, cluttering up your browser, where you open ’em, and they actually go somewhere? And you go in another thread? Get on down to “Real Fake threads”! That’s Par and Toewsfan's domain. Fill a whole browser up with ’em. See? Watch, check this out! Won’t mean anything. Won’t mean anything at all. Not this one, not this one. None of ’em mean anything! Fakethreads.com is our website, so check it out for a lot of really great deals on fake threadssssssssss!
I try my best. Everyone is a critic when you have Asperger's Syndrome.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:07 PM   #14
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
You're impressed?

I mean, it's basically you.
Why are you so upset? I mean if I did not like a thread, I would not post in it. I try my best to amuse the CP faithful. Life is short, I am not afraid to make people laugh at my own expense, and this curse is in good fun, and is known to some people in Winnipeg, and the prairies. The Oil did not win in 06 when the Jets did not exist.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:11 PM   #15
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Well, I mean, everyone would be a critic in this situation regardless of whether you had Asperger's or not. It's not a necessary thread, and it adds very little value to the forum.

Look, instead of creating new threads, try to confine some of your maybe not threadworthy ideas into already-existing discussion spaces, like the PST for the Oilers' series. When you start threads like this without much basis, they tend to go poorly for everyone involved... I know this first-hand.

You don't have to pull out the Asperger's card here, because it isn't relevant. Your thread is not good, and our uniformly-negative opinions don't relate at all to your condition.

Just... be a better poster by picking your spots more appropriately, and you'll find that not everyone is incessantly critical. We all disagree here at times, but when you repeatedly start threads which don't have much substance to them, you can find yourself on the receiving end of this criticism more often than not.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:17 PM   #16
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 05-08-2017, 07:19 PM   #17
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This has nothing to do with Asperger's, don't know why you try and play that card.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #18
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol ToewsFan and The Scorpion snipping at each other, the rest of us trying not to laugh uncontrollably.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:24 PM   #19
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Lol ToewsFan and The Scorpion snipping at each other, the rest of us trying not to laugh uncontrollably.

It's ok. We're friends in real life.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:25 PM   #20
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the2bears View Post
This has nothing to do with Asperger's, don't know why you try and play that card.
I was dealt with it. However, I have worked hard in my life, and did good at jobs. God gives you a lemon, you make lemonade.
Closed Thread