Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2017, 01:11 PM   #401
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

A win for the Raptors, not only with the Tucker trade; but also Boston not making a move, no real impact move for any EC rivals. The potential is definitely there for another run to the EC finals with a puncher's chance at Cleveland.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2017, 04:16 PM   #402
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
A win for the Raptors, not only with the Tucker trade; but also Boston not making a move, no real impact move for any EC rivals. The potential is definitely there for another run to the EC finals with a puncher's chance at Cleveland.
Yep I'm a happy Rap fan after the moves / MU did HiS job / up to the players now

Last edited by St. Pats; 02-23-2017 at 05:55 PM.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:47 PM   #403
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Deron Williams plans to join the Cavs, according to the Associated Press.

He still has to clear waivers, but there are a ton of reports saying the Cavs will be signing the former All-Star. Williams played on Team USA with LeBron James, so those two are familiar playing next to each other despite not playing on the same NBA team. He will back up Kyrie Irving and could also see some minutes in two-PG lineups.
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:40 PM   #404
RichKlit
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Great deals by the Raps! MU looking real good right now.
RichKlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:54 PM   #405
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cavs are also gonna get Andrew Bogut from the sounds of it. I would say someone should claim Williams just to spite the Cavs, but that means paying the rest of his bad contract.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:29 PM   #406
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

While MU didn't pay a lot to get Tucker, I'm not thrilled with the Raps' chances going into the playoffs (to go deep). In MU I trust, but it's still not enough. If there was any possibility of getting George, things would be very different, but there was a slim to none chance that was happening. This move puts them deeper into the playoffs, but in the NBA it's still a stars game, and we don't really have that player who can take over a game consistently. It'll be hard getting such a player if we want to win in the next three years, but I do think overall the league is getting deeper with more star players. It'll take a few years before that becomes more and more prevalent.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:32 PM   #407
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Paul George is not the kind of player who can "just take over a game consistently". Believe it or not, despite playing 140 fewer games George average less points, shoots a worse FG%, and gets to the line nearly two times less a game than DeMar does. Only thing George brings is better three FG% and defense, but he also obviously brings a much higher injury risk factor. But the rumoured asking price for George was the Nets pick this year, PLUS three of these four: Marcus Smart, Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Jaylen Brown. The Raps obviously cannot offer anything remotely close to that insanity. Would have been nice to see the Celtics make that mistake though.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:43 PM   #408
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Argh! Not happy to hear that Lowry injured his wrist last week against the Pelicans, decided to play in the all-star game and 3-point competition regardless, and will now be out at least tonight and likely a few games with the injured wrist.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2017, 04:59 PM   #409
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
Argh! Not happy to hear that Lowry injured his wrist last week against the Pelicans, decided to play in the all-star game and 3-point competition regardless, and will now be out at least tonight and likely a few games with the injured wrist.
Yep there better be more to the story or this is dumb and dumber.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:26 PM   #410
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

DeRozen pass the ball. Holy.

4 trips, 1 turnover and total of 2 passes (both back to him). All 3 times him just the shot. Awful offence.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:24 PM   #411
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm a fan of Tucker's facial hair.

That is all
Old 02-24-2017, 08:44 PM   #412
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Great win! Hopefully this can help get some momentum back in this season.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2017, 08:46 PM   #413
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

[QUOTE=Machiavelli;6139083]I'm a fan of Tucker's facial hair.

That is all[/QUOTE
I'm a fan of Tucker / love the way he plays and Ibaka adds tough defence as well / liked the way they won by shutting the Celtics down / defence is the only way they are getting to the Cavs and maybe beating them.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:33 AM   #414
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Pats View Post
Yep there better be more to the story or this is dumb and dumber.
The player has said he will be opting out at year's end. No surprise he wanted to be in the mix at the all star game festivities. A selfish move that has hurt his team for a few games, but doesn jeopardize their playoff position.

This comes as no surprise to me that it was Lowry.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:58 PM   #415
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

They have managed two wins now without Lowry. Two wins that would have been losses for sure without the deals for Ibaka and Tucker. Nothing wrong with the wrist either so that's good. Day to day now and I'd save him for the back to back against the Wizards.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:55 PM   #416
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lots of options now for end game lineups. But it's pretty obvious DeMar has to be out there, he's too good offensively to sit when they need someone who can create and get to the line. Lowry just forces too much, DeMar has gotten much better at avoiding that and getting to the elbow or even to the free throw line for his jumpers rather than fall away deep twos. Also Delon is going to be pretty good if he can figure out how to shoot. The length makes him an annoying defender for opponents, and it'll be interesting to see how much Casey uses him in the playoffs.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:58 PM   #417
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Lots of options now for end game lineups. But it's pretty obvious DeMar has to be out there, he's too good offensively to sit when they need someone who can create and get to the line. Lowry just forces too much, DeMar has gotten much better at avoiding that and getting to the elbow or even to the free throw line for his jumpers rather than fall away deep twos. Also Delon is going to be pretty good if he can figure out how to shoot. The length makes him an annoying defender for opponents, and it'll be interesting to see how much Casey uses him in the playoffs.
Joseph going to get most of the minutes behind a healthy Lowry especially if he plays like he has the last two games. Although to be fair his game has been coming around lately. But hey if they need stops or have a lead they are trying to defend Wright is the best defender of the three easily. It's really like they got three players at the deadline and opens up so many different lineups. They had no defensive lineup or physical lineup to throw out there and they do now.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:08 AM   #418
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wright has been impressive in his return. Want to see him with more minutes.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:13 PM   #419
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just got an update stating Lowry is getting wrist surgery, and "aims" to return for playoffs.

Was really hoping they could get to that 2-seed, but this might make that tough.
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:27 PM   #420
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

This might be a blessing in disguise. Lowry wanted to opt out and sign a richer contract. Now the Raptors can see what they have in Wright.

I like Lowry but the decision to enter the 3 point contest might've been one of the stupidest/selfish move I've seen by a pro player on the court.

2nd place is still in reach and I've liked what Tucker and Ibaka have brought so far. Play within your skill level and let's what the playoffs bring.
The Following User Says Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:

Tags
competitive disparity , in masai we trust , minny is further north , nat'l blowout association , nba 2k17 is the bomb , swept away , yawnba