Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2017, 06:22 PM   #301
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Noone has guessed the returning Survivor yet.. But they are a famous player.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:35 PM   #302
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That was amazing and it just shows why Survivor has staying power.

There was another tribal reshuffle, and unexpected exile luxury boat for Debbie and she also got to pick the brains of Chochrane and she got a extra vote advantage.

I think Cochrane saw through Debbie and her demented psyche right off of the bat.

Tai is such a loose cannon and now he's a loose cannon with two idols, and I'll give him credit for figuring out the second idol, that was pretty smart.

The problem though is Tai isn't smart and he's paranoid and as soon as the rest of the tribe tried to use him as a decoy I knew it had the potential to blow up in his face.

In the end tribal council was almost like Sandra was deadsticking a plane with dead engines and she almost managed one last masterful move by pulling up just before she hit the ground.

Now Tai has the spotlight on him, he's too erratic to keep.

I will say that the Sandra exit was classy on all sides as all the players gave her a nice ovation and we saw the non game playing Sandra leaving with a lot of class. Good for her.

Great episode Tribal is now must see TV and its funny the Debbie is almost like a further punishment for the losing tribe.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 09:48 PM   #303
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

i thought for sure we were witnessing a survivor going home with TWO idols in their pocket.

Great episode.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #304
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Yeah I thought we were going to watch one of the all time dumbest tribals, but Tai got out of it. He's lucky.

Sandra almost pulled it off, gotta give her credit. She is a pretty smart player.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 10:04 PM   #305
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

With Sandra going home, Pool A has Fuzz head off to the benches.

That was quite an episode this time around. Just shaking my head that Tai has managed to find two idols, though that was a brilliant thought on his part to check the well of the new tribe. Guess he had to have a smart thought out there at some point.

Sandra...Wow, Sandra. It's easy to see why she's the player she is. She really seems to just be able to get right into people's heads, and they rarely ever see it. I was thinking that she'd managed to pull it off again, and that Tai was going home. Though, he continued to show just how erratic and untrustworthy he is. I was really torn with him...Kinda wanted to see him go home with 2 idols in his pockets.

Was it just me, or did it seem like it was "new swimsuit episode", as it looked like everyone showed up at the Immunity challenge with new swimwear?

Felt like of all the players in the game, the one who would get the least out of talking with Cochrane...did. But he was able to give her some advice, if she's not too "expert" to ignore it. I kind of wonder what an Exile chat between Sandra and Cochrane would have been like.

A very solid episode tonight.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2017, 11:02 PM   #306
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
i thought for sure we were witnessing a survivor going home with TWO idols in their pocket.

Great episode.
Wouldn't be the first time.......oh James.

VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VANFLAMESFAN For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2017, 07:30 AM   #307
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn! Out! I really thought Sandra had it by the end of tribal. Amazing how she dropped a few words, and suddenly Tai was sinking his own ship, almost willingly. She was really up against it at the tribe swap though, and it just proved to be too much.

It is going to be tough to get rid of Tai with 2 idols, as he is just so paranoid so it will be hard to blindside him.

Great season so far. No idea who is going to win at this point. At least the jury is going to be rewarding the best player, we won't see any stupid Adam type emotional appeals. That alone will make it 50x better. I don't think it will come down to rewarding loyalties, or holding grudges. It also means the winner better be making moves all the time. They have to appear brilliant by the end. Zeke might be a dark horse here.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:31 AM   #308
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Right now, Brad is in good shape and he got rid of Deb.

Zeke is in good shape, but now they have to really scramble on Tai and they don't know that he has two idols.

Hali I think has done a nice job as well.

I think Ozzie is toast pretty soon though.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #309
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Great episode, I thought for sure it was Tai. I definitely take back what I said about Sandra not being a great player, I think I was just blinded by my dislike for her. But as soon as the game ended she went out with extreme class, nice ovation for her as well. I liked how Jeff really took a minute to commemorate the experience and give her the respect she deserved.

All that being said, I find her very irritating and I am glad her cocky ass got sent home

I've really liked the game Ozzy has played this year, usually he just puts his head down and plays a really strong physical game to win his way to the end, but this year he has some social chops. Unless Tai was supposed to say his name, Ozzy handled that very well, sticking to the plan and pulling it out. Unfortunately now he doesn't really have anywhere to hide.. unless he can somehow get Tai off without him using an idol. Which given last night maybe isn't that hard, lol.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:21 AM   #310
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I feel like the whole tai changing his vote was done for theater and was brilliant. They really made Sandra's defenses come down. The look on her face when she saw the second vote was brilliant. Part of me wonders if the 'show' was to see if Ozzy was going to flip on them which it looks like he did. Ozzy is next in that tribe. Varner will probably end up allying with Zeke but Zeke could also be on the chopping block because he arranged getting Sandra out.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to northcrunk For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2017, 12:45 PM   #311
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Brad is in surprisingly good shape. I thought for sure he'd be out before Sandra
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:22 PM   #312
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Brad is in surprisingly good shape. I thought for sure he'd be out before Sandra
He's been smart to be quiet.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to northcrunk For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 02:45 PM   #313
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
I feel like the whole tai changing his vote was done for theater and was brilliant. They really made Sandra's defenses come down. The look on her face when she saw the second vote was brilliant. Part of me wonders if the 'show' was to see if Ozzy was going to flip on them which it looks like he did. Ozzy is next in that tribe. Varner will probably end up allying with Zeke but Zeke could also be on the chopping block because he arranged getting Sandra out.
Part of me does wonder if this show is scripted.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:17 PM   #314
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Part of me does wonder if this show is scripted.
It's just editing. We only see a small portion of the TC, most of these take over an hour.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:24 PM   #315
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tai has found 3 idols this season. What is the record?
Old 04-10-2017, 12:28 AM   #316
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Tai has found 3 idols this season. What is the record?
That is the record, tied with Tony in Cagayan and Russell in Samoa.

I have a feeling Tai is going to break this record.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #317
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't even have words for what just happened.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:06 PM   #318
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I can't believe Varner did that. Just a disgusting move to try and get ahead, at least he showed some remorse.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:19 PM   #319
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I knew, from spending far too much time on other Survivor boards. But I had no idea that's what was going to be revealed tonight.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:25 PM   #320
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Man, he had them going in his direction, then.....boom. That came out of nowhere. Shocked me, not just because I didn't know but because there was just zero need for it.

And all the props in the world to Zeke. No way I would have taken it as well as he did. So impressed. What a role model.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post: