Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-29-2017, 09:45 PM   #281
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully Jeff calls her on that in the finale. "I took gymnastics for 8 years". Bwahahahaha
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:15 AM   #282
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Always hurts being voted off when you have an idol. And he didn't even bring it with him? Stupid.

Gotta give Sandra credit, I thought she'd be a bigger target right now but she's got them eating out if her hand. Maybe things will change for her next week but she's untouchable right now.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:17 AM   #283
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Debbie's gonna Debbie. Unsurprisingly, she hasn't changed a bit. You can see the stress on Michaela's face as she tries really really hard to not be her old self. Can she pull it off? Who knows! It was interesting to see the contrast between the two.

JT got just what he deserved for his move last week. I like that they had him 100% sold he was safe, and no hints were dropped at tribal. That was some good poker-facing.

Good to see another mix up for next week, and a return of exile island. Could be a big deal as you don't want to be in the dark for a few days the way things move so quickly.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:49 AM   #284
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I wonder how the returning survivor is. There's a ton of speculation that its Boston Rob and he's going to join one of the tribes.

However I tend to think that a late comer while having a sold advantage due to having eaten properly and not gone through challenges would get killed at the first tribal council.

Maybe they're bringing back the ultimate game changer in Russell.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:17 AM   #285
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I wonder how the returning survivor is. There's a ton of speculation that its Boston Rob and he's going to join one of the tribes.

However I tend to think that a late comer while having a sold advantage due to having eaten properly and not gone through challenges would get killed at the first tribal council.

Any chance its a bunch of the people voted out already and some sort of competition to come back then go to exile island?
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #286
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That's more then likely what it is.

Personally I was never a fan of exile island.

I would love to see the ultimate twist where during the reward challenge Jeff talks about the winning tribe being able to see a former survivor.

So a tribe wins and the boat streams in and the winning tribe gets a concert put on by the surviving members of survivor

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 03-30-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:57 AM   #287
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm hoping the returning Survivor isn't joining the game, just maybe helps out the winning tribe for a competition or something, like an advantage.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:39 AM   #288
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Any chance its a bunch of the people voted out already and some sort of competition to come back then go to exile island?
I believe they did that a few years go. IIRC that person just got voted out immediately afterwards anyway.

Kind of hard to forge a relationship when you're late to the game. IMO you just become an easy target.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:46 AM   #289
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'd love to see a former survivor show up and have a instant elimination right there.

Like a tribal council with one vote by the former survivor and the losing tribe would have to plead their cases to him or her, and he/shes also been watching footage of the show to this point.

What have you done a game changer so far?

Why shouldn't I kill for example Sandra right now.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:29 PM   #290
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe Stephanie? The one that was left alone on her beach? Oh man, that was a great survivor moment.

Have a reward comp and she's the reward?
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:41 PM   #291
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

What if that person had been on Exile Island the whole time the other players were playing? At that point, the player coming in would be at a huge disadvantage given they haven't formed any relationships in the game.

If it is Boston Rob, I think the only person left that he has played with was Andrea. But he's played 4 times with a lot of a different players, so I could be wrong.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:49 PM   #292
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I'm guessing that the returning Survivor is just part of the reward (no game impact). I'd guess that it's Richard Hatch. I mean he's the OG game changer.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:52 PM   #293
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
I'm guessing that the returning Survivor is just part of the reward (no game impact). I'd guess that it's Richard Hatch. I mean he's the OG game changer.
Who got owned in the All Stars season.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:12 AM   #294
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Well ya, of course he did, any time Hatch is on the beach he should be target #1. He was the one who defined the game of Survivor.

Same as Sandra, two time winner, should be target #1, but instead these idiots are happy clapping and laughing as she brags about these massive moves she makes to shape the game. Do you guys not see her resume forming as you get labeled as goats?

That was a good episode though, JT got so played. I feel like the edit didn't do justice just how well they were able to fool him, especially based on Aubry's comment at the end, she was completely shocked. I can't believe JT didn't even bring his idol, like wow. Ouch.

I'm glad the merge is happening now, the green tribe was starting to run away with it, time to shake things up. I wonder if anyone will have the gull to stand up to Sandra or if they are content with just handing her the win lol. I really expected more out of a group of "game changers". My guess is Brad will step up, but I don't think he will be able to pull it off.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:21 AM   #295
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Well ya, of course he did, any time Hatch is on the beach he should be target #1. He was the one who defined the game of Survivor.

Same as Sandra, two time winner, should be target #1, but instead these idiots are happy clapping and laughing as she brags about these massive moves she makes to shape the game. Do you guys not see her resume forming as you get labeled as goats?

That was a good episode though, JT got so played. I feel like the edit didn't do justice just how well they were able to fool him, especially based on Aubry's comment at the end, she was completely shocked. I can't believe JT didn't even bring his idol, like wow. Ouch.

I'm glad the merge is happening now, the green tribe was starting to run away with it, time to shake things up. I wonder if anyone will have the gull to stand up to Sandra or if they are content with just handing her the win lol. I really expected more out of a group of "game changers". My guess is Brad will step up, but I don't think he will be able to pull it off.
And we know how much Sandra cares about goats...
Old 03-31-2017, 10:56 AM   #296
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I wonder if anyone will have the gull to stand up to Sandra or if they are content with just handing her the win lol. I really expected more out of a group of "game changers". My guess is Brad will step up, but I don't think he will be able to pull it off.
That's the genius of Sandra... she get's people to hand her the win without them realizing that that's what they're doing. Regardless, right now I think the Game is Culpepper's to lose. He's in a really really good spot.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:54 PM   #297
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty sure they won't be merging at 15. They will probably go to two tribes of 7 with the extra person going to exile island and joining the losing tribe.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2017, 11:57 AM   #298
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dear God, don't let it be Boston Rob. Guy is the most overrated Survivor ever and to be honest just doesn't seem like an overly nice person. What is he going to be on every reality show like 10 times?
Old 04-03-2017, 02:45 AM   #299
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally caught the episode.

Debbie losing her nut again. And rewriting reality this time. Hali's the one who took 10 minutes on the balance beam? Yeah...

I have to admit...Sandra's got that tribe wrapped around her finger, and she's very good at manipulating people. You'd think the only multiple time winner would be Target #1 out there. Or maybe folks are thinking that there's no way a jury would give her money again.

Kinda surprised that JT felt safe enough not to even bring the idol. You'd think that he'd bring it and use it...but I guess he was feeling much safer than he appeared on the episode.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:19 AM   #300
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Put me on the anti-Sandra train. Can't stand her, can't stand her gameplay or lack thereof.

I don't think she owns anything she "does" and is able to skate by. I really don't see moves that she makes or the "genius of Sandra". The very notion that she gets called a genius irritates me to no end. This season, she is getting cocky and it will bite her. In her previous seasons, she really didn't do a whole hell of a lot and in my mind didn't deserve to win. But hey, some people would call that genius gameplay, I don't. Results obviously speak to me being an idiot, but as a fan of this game since Day 1, I have never respected her game and never will. Survivor is a GAME, and I don't think she ever plays it. She's basically there on a camping trip.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VANFLAMESFAN For This Useful Post: