Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2009, 06:19 PM   #41
SeoulFire
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
There's no coming back from a performance like that. The season is over for us already. We only lost twice last season, combined with beating Manchester United home and away, and we still didn't win the Premiership. Losing away to the likes of Spurs on opening day doesn't bode well for our chances at all.
It would make me an incredibly happy United supporter if you are correct but geez...losses happen. All teams will drop 3 points at various times - it is just a matter of when. This season, in my opinion, is going to provide an amazing finish up top.

On the bright side, I guess you don't have to worry about spending your time following them since the season is already over...

MUFC
SeoulFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #42
The Special One
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Michael Turner, the lad who impressed at Hull last season, is rumoured to be on Rafa's watch list. I bet Phil Brown bumped up the asking price a couple of million when Carragher pulled up with his injury this morning.

This is what I'm saying about Liverpool. We simply don't have the depth, you can't expect your best eleven to be available for every match. Manchester United have Ferdinand and Vidic as their first choice CB pairing, but they also have O'Shea and Evans available at a moment's notice. Chelsea have Terry and Carvalho, but they also have Ivanovic, Alex, and even Essien who can all step up and play in that position. Who do Liverpool have? Two nobody nineteen year olds with no top flight experience. Instead of giving Torres a contract extension and losing our shirts on the Robbie Keane deal, maybe we should be spending the money bringing in players like Turner.
The Special One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:34 PM   #43
The Special One
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeoulFire View Post
It would make me an incredibly happy United supporter if you are correct but geez...losses happen. All teams will drop 3 points at various times - it is just a matter of when. This season, in my opinion, is going to provide an amazing finish up top.

On the bright side, I guess you don't have to worry about spending your time following them since the season is already over...

MUFC
No, I'm not going to waste my time getting up first thing in the mornings on weekends to watch this fool Rafa Benitez flush my football club down the toilet. I'll watch Manchester City and Arsenal, two teams that play attractive, intelligent and attacking football, instead.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #44
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

Rumors that Liverpool bought Sortiris Kyrgiakos from AEK Athens.

Also rumblings that Rafa may leave the club soon.
united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #45
Pagal4321
Franchise Player

Exp:

This reminds me, I saw that this morning, "According to several internet reports, Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is about to quit. The club is denying the story"

Off Twitter.
Pagal4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #46
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

They always say that...whatever.

1-0 Liverpool, Torres from Gerrard!!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #47
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

What a move by Gerrard on Kuyt's tap in. Outstanding.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #48
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amazing goal from Glen Johnson! 2-0 Reds at Half.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #49
The Special One
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Great performance from Liverpool today. I was very happy to hear that Benitez may be on thin ice before the match. With Manchester United losing to Burnley today it doesn't make the Spurs result from the weekend look so bad.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #50
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good performance from Liverpool today, I must say, I'm quickly becoming a fan of this Glen Johnson character....

I cant say I'm too happy with our defensive depth though, although Ayala did pretty well, I like him, hes aggressive.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #51
Jagger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Johnson was, in a word, superb. Rafa brought in an absolutely solid addition to the squad, a player that was solely lacking last season. He certainly adds are a new dimension going forward. Color me impressed so far.

And, United, you are right that turn by Gerrard was stunning, totally top drawer.

Pleased with the win.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #52
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger View Post
Johnson was, in a word, superb. Rafa brought in an absolutely solid addition to the squad, a player that was solely lacking last season. He certainly adds are a new dimension going forward. Color me impressed so far.

And, United, you are right that turn by Gerrard was stunning, totally top drawer.

Pleased with the win.
My only issue is that Johnson was doing it all, our quality at right back is now way, way higher than at left, Insua was nowhere nearly as good as Johnson on the night, and he even had 2 great opportunites, one of which, he frankly should have scored.

I gotta say, I like the inclusion of Yossi on the left rather than Babel, having Yossi and Riera out left is sweet.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #53
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully we can take advantage of Villa today to get back on track.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:03 PM   #54
Jagger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ouch! That 3-1 defeat hurts. We only lost twice last season and we've already lost twice in the first three games. Sure it's early, but they've put themselves in a real hole to start this season. All credit to Villa though.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:03 PM   #55
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

Liverpool 1 - 3 Aston Villa.

Second loss of the season, as many as the entire campaign of 2008/09.

I thought Johnson played well again as did Torres. Babel is useless.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #56
Jagger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by united View Post
Liverpool 1 - 3 Aston Villa.

Second loss of the season, as many as the entire campaign of 2008/09.

I thought Johnson played well again as did Torres. Babel is useless.
What, no real gloating or is posting the scoreline enough?

Man U fans around here are just too nice.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #57
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was painful to watch.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #58
The Special One
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Exactly what I expected. Martin O'Neill is simply a much better manager. His players were better organized and much fitter. Benitez must go. Liverpool couldn't get anything going despite Villa having no interest in attacking in the last twenty minutes. Sickening. How many times did Liverpool players shoot from 30+ yards out of sheer frustration? Glen Johnson is a dirty little prick. Did you see what he pulled on Abanglahor near the end right past the touchline? Carragher's rugby tackle on Young was dirty as well. Very poor performance.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #59
ShotDownInFlames12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

We get it, you don't like Rafa.

You don't need to mention it everytime you make a post. It's really annoying.

Glen Johnson is the best addition to Liverpool since Torres came. I absolutely love the guy, and think he is proving that he was the right buy for Liverpool.

The result was ugly,but they played well with lots of good chances and when Torres scored I thought they were going to win it for sure. Few costly mistakes (Lucas, Stevie) but not a bad game really.

Here's hoping they crush Bolton on Sat to make up for it, and Arsenal can beat United.

Edit : Ignore User is a wonderful thing! Thanks for the suggestion Jagger!
ShotDownInFlames12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #60
KTown
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Liverpools early season slump makes me a happy camper. The gunners will help you this week-end by giving Man U there second loss of the year.
KTown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carra , gerrard , masch , torres , ynwa