Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #61
tete
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckluck2 View Post
I don't celebrate Christmas at all but don't you think it's a little inconsiderate to have your daughters birthday party on Christmas eve? That's pretty much the worse time for a birthday party. You didn't choose her birthday but having her party at a different date shouldn't be a problem.

If I did celebrate Christmas and someone invited me to a birthday on the 24th I'd be pretty annoyed.
She just turned two yesterday and we've yet to have a party for her - we've just done supper and a cake (first year just a cupcake) with the three of us - we have virtually no family in the city. That works for us for now (which is what I meant by we'll celebrate it in our own way). When the time comes that she wants a big party, we'll do it a different day so people can make it.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #62
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tete View Post
She just turned two yesterday and we've yet to have a party for her - we've just done supper and a cake (first year just a cupcake) with the three of us - we have virtually no family in the city. That works for us for now (which is what I meant by we'll celebrate it in our own way). When the time comes that she wants a big party, we'll do it a different day so people can make it.
today (dec 25th) is one of my wife's best friend's birthday. instead of celebrating today she has always celebrated it on june 25th.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #63
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 12-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #64
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

It grinds my gears that Thor copied Pylon's avatar.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 11:31 PM   #65
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
It grinds my gears that Thor copied Pylon's avatar.
Not sure if serious

Spoiler!
Old 12-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #66
jayswin

Exp:

Yes, that was the attempted joke.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #67
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't celebrate Christmas at all but don't you think it's a little inconsiderate to have your daughters birthday party on Christmas eve? That's pretty much the worse time for a birthday party. You didn't choose her birthday but having her party at a different date shouldn't be a problem.

If I did celebrate Christmas and someone invited me to a birthday on the 24th I'd be pretty annoyed.
You don't have kids, do you? Birthdays are celebrated on the most convenient Saturday or Sunday, regardless of actual birth date. Hell, what sensible adult celebrates on their actual birthday unless it falls on a weekend? Round it to the nearest weekend and you're good to go. No need to feel like you're inconveniencing somebody by inviting them to a party.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2013, 05:27 AM   #68
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tete View Post
Were you part of the riot?

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Police+...649/story.html

Sucks that you had the delays.

WRGMG - when people are sad that my daughter has a birthday on Dec 24th and say that her birthdays will be forever ruined because it's too close to Christmas.
A) We don't celebrate Christmas on Dec 24th in our family, it's Jan. 6 for us
B) It's not like I chose this as her birthdate, it just happened that way (she was due Dec 28 after almost 4 years of infertility and came 4 days early)
C) We will make sure she has a good birthday and celebrate it in our own way, TYVM.
That news seems to be blown out of proportions. No riot. Just some annoyed individuals who wanted answers. The cops did show up. It got sunwing moving since we were finally able to get in touch with someone at sunwing thanks to the cops.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #69
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The wife and I getting all set Christmas night to watch Die Hard. Pop in the bluray and get the message "An incompatible video signal has been received" on our TV. Try numerous other BD's I know we have played, same thing. Mess around with some display settings on the bluray, nothing, try another HDMI cable/input, nothing. Do some searching quickly, nothing. Look on Netflix for Die Hard, not there (Canadian or U.S.) Netflix.

End up watching something else instead but not what we wanted. Today I do some more searching, find out my TV can't do 24fps, disable the auto on that setting on the bluray and boom, Die Hard loads no problem.

Not Xmas anymore...
Old 12-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #70
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fractured a rib coughing this morning. Spent 2 hours at urgent care with tears streaming down my face every time I moved or coughed.

I feel like kind of a prick for harassing a friend of mine a couple years ago for a similar injury. This is way worse than I thought it could be.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #71
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
Fractured a rib coughing this morning. Spent 2 hours at urgent care with tears streaming down my face every time I moved or coughed.

I feel like kind of a prick for harassing a friend of mine a couple years ago for a similar injury. This is way worse than I thought it could be.
A while ago I sneezed just as I woke up and because I was still half asleep I wasn't able to brace at all, so my head just flew forward with the full force of the sneeze.

I wrenched my neck and ended up having to lay in bed for the next two days, with three total days off work. I was teased pretty bad when I came back to work after that one.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #72
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The Oilers are one of a few teams with 4 and a half stars in each category in nhl14.

Are they high?
Old 12-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #73
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Oh and how whenever I'm trying to end my call on my phone I take it off my ear then begin to try and press "end" about 5 times while my screen flickers black and I try to tilt it the right way so I can end the call.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puckluck2 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #74
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:

When a man has tearing running down his face it has to be nasty injury! Hope your feeling better soon
Old 12-27-2013, 03:58 AM   #75
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Going to movies grinds my gears. I've accepted that my seat will be kicked multiple times, so I don't say anything anymore, I just tolerate it. People look at their phones every five minutes. Someone always wears too much perfume. Often people talk the whole time. I wanted a small popcorn and a medium pop, and they didn't have the prices displayed. Turns out it's $10.75.
I've come to hate the whole experience. I used to go to a movie just about every week, now it's maybe four times a year. I think I will just see comedies from now on.

I saw American Hustle because it had good reviews and high scores on the internet. It sucked, don't bother seeing it. Watch Jackie Brown or Get Shorty.
I think I'm done with movies It's all CGI or the same crap that's been coming out for decades now. Nothing original comes out. I think the best one I've seen this year is Escape Plan.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #76
mykalberta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know you can have alot worse neighbours than this. And living in a condo/apartment or the last 10 years hasnt really allowed me to get the full enjoyment out of a neighbour that those in a house have had over the same time.

Currently after living in a house for the last 7 months the worst is a neighbour about 7 doors down that shovels his sidewalk but not the driveway part of the sidewalk (probably because he has driven on it and he is to lazy to actually shovel his driveway and so why would he shovel the walk next to the driveway.

The other thing that RGMG is when someone who you know where they live will for whatever reason choose to park in front of your house instead of in front their own house or on their own driveway.

But what really took the cake last night is some jacktard in a blue F150 which boards along the sides and back (the kind that someone who carries junk in it would have) parked halfway infront of my MIL driveway. What kind of a ###### would think that is acceptable. I understand thinking you have enough room and then looking and checking and oops I am parked `1/3 in front of someones driveway so I should move and find a different spot. But no, just leaving the vehicle there.

311 got a call last night for removal of a vehicle in Evergreen.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #77
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

this sucks. I haven't cracked a rib, but I bruised one badly in hockey. Took a long time to feel better. Hope yours heals more quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #78
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

People that leave gigantic, Sasquatch sized pubes on public toilet seats. Even worse when it is in that open gap at the front of the seat on the porcelain, and you are forced to deal with it with a cantaloupe sized wad of TP because you are touching cloth.

All you pube plucking, toilet seat sitting troglodytes.... YRGMG.

It's 2013 for gods sake, trim your junk!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #79
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I hate that whenever I order anything I fork up the money for delivery because the hassle of going and picking up something that weighs 500 pounds and lugging it into your house isn't worth $70 to me. I'd gladly pay more but I get called when cheap friends need help because they want to save that money. Pay the damn delivery especially when you don't have a truck FFS. I got a truck and still pay for delivery because I hate asking someone to help me.
The Following User Says Thank You to puckluck2 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2013, 04:39 AM   #80
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I hate that whenever I order anything I fork up the money for delivery because the hassle of going and picking up something that weighs 500 pounds and lugging it into your house isn't worth $70 to me. I'd gladly pay more but I get called when cheap friends need help because they want to save that money. Pay the damn delivery especially when you don't have a truck FFS. I got a truck and still pay for delivery because I hate asking someone to help me.
You turned down ditching the wife to help your buddy move his new toy and get drunk playing video games because you were too busy/lazy/cheap to use your truck? A vehicle specifically designed to excel in this exact scenario?

So far, this is the oldest I've been.

Last edited by Traditional_Ale; 12-28-2013 at 04:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Traditional_Ale For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread