Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #1001
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
I got a Legendary hand weapon that was worse than the rare I was using on my level 32 monk, so I put it up on the AH for 50k and actually got the buyout price.
i bought a set piece legendary item for 100k on the AH. turned around and sold it for 450k, even though the stats weren't that good. people will pay out the ass for legendary items regardless of how good they are
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #1002
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
What do you typically do with rare and magical items? I just salvage them for the most part. So annoying to get rares for a class you aren't even using.
if i think the stats are high enough, i do a search on the AH for items with similar numbers and see what the minimum buyout price is, then make mine lower. i've made probably a couple million gold now by doing that
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #1003
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

I vendor anything that isn't something I would consider buying from the AH (good level:stats ratio). Everything else gets posted there. Occasionally I salvage since I can't buy that stuff right now, and I want to make stuff since smithing is maxed.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:18 AM   #1004
Kipperriffic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Yesterday I went all "F@#% it" and spent 90% of my gold on amulet, pants, shoulder, chest and bracers, all having All Resistance stat
Kipperriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #1005
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipperriffic View Post
Yesterday I went all "F@#% it" and spent 90% of my gold on amulet, pants, shoulder, chest and bracers, all having All Resistance stat
Having success?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #1006
SHOGUN
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipperriffic View Post
If it's for Inferno then it's a upgrade regardless.. however, I don't advise people using the auction house through normal to act 2 hell. Save your gold when you need it the most which is Inferno.
SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #1007
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you do use AH in that time period, make sure you cap what you're spending to around 1K per item
Caged Great is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #1008
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
If you do use AH in that time period, make sure you cap what you're spending to around 1K per item
While I agree, I think 5-10k is probably a better limit towards the end of that period, especially on a weapon. Even right now (Act 2 Inferno), I refuse to spend more than 20k on stuff and I find a ton of upgrades on the AH.

It means I upgrade more often, so more time in the Ah searching, but often sell the old piece for more than I paid for it.

edit: just grabbed a 1h xbow upgrade (to 769 dps) for 20k. Normally I wouldnt be interested in it, but playing around with stat combos and it works nicely as a test item.

Last edited by Rathji; 06-02-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Rathji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #1009
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

For those that would prefer to talk to the other player(s) instead of typing, are there any recommendations?
Shawnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #1010
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

ventrilio ( i believe thats what its called)...
Old 06-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #1011
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
ventrilio ( i believe thats what its called)...

Requires having a server or knowing someone who does... which I do...

Join me, Shawnski. I will help you see the virtues and nobility of diving.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #1012
theJuice
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Heh, found 3 legendaries, 2 were total ####, but the last one was actually really nice for a tanking barb.

theJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theJuice For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2012, 07:14 AM   #1013
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm kind of torn on what I should do with my gold. I could get a really nice weapon upgrade, but that would pretty much make me broke. Considering saving until the patch that re-balances legendaries. I'm also a bit tempted by a friend telling me that he is selling gold at a rate of 1 million for 20 bucks. There are so many things to consider. I have no idea what the ah prices are going to do in the long term, nor do I know what the real money ah is going to do to the economy. Any thoughts?
Aegypticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #1014
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

So im really needing to up my dps, only 11k on act 2 inferno is painful. Whats my best option at this point, farm act 1 last act and buy ideally first a new weapon?

Is it worth crafting, I am exalted (uggh why did I spend the gold)..
Old 06-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #1015
SHOGUN
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
So im really needing to up my dps, only 11k on act 2 inferno is painful. Whats my best option at this point, farm act 1 last act and buy ideally first a new weapon?

Is it worth crafting, I am exalted (uggh why did I spend the gold)..
You pretty much answered your own question. Farm, spend upgrades on AH till beat Act II and so forth. That's how Diablo 3 works. To the more specifics, I'm guessing you're a Monk by the dps, so you should at least get your res to 500, 40k HP, and preferably high life on hit and AS%. Inferno isn't really about dps if you're a Monk, it's about kiting till your fingers hurt if you're solo'ing. If you're teaming with people, your only duty is to heal and keep everyone alive.

A good tool I use when kiting is using the Force stand still (Shift key by default), it prevents you from misclicking into mobs where you would get surrounded.

Last edited by SHOGUN; 06-03-2012 at 02:53 PM.
SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #1016
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

lol sadly no not a monk, WD, but I'm up to 19k dps now and much better resistances.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #1017
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm a monk with 11k DPS, 40k life, and 600 resistance but man, Inferno Act 2 is really tough.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #1018
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

My DH has 25k damage, 25k hp, and about 1-200 resists on various stuff.

Just got my hellish herding staff and making runs through for cash to make the migration to more resists and hp, since Act 2 is pretty much a pipe dream for me right now. Everything, even normal mobs, is 1 hitting me.

For those wondering about cash runs through Hell Whimsyshire. I do the runs with almost full gold gear (about 185% with 5 NV) and make about 50-70k a run (maybe 25-30 mins?), not counting the occasional piece that is good enough for the AH. If anyone is interested in doing runs in Whimsy, either with me, or on their own, I would be willing to start the quest for you if I am otherwise unoccupied.

Last edited by Rathji; 06-04-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Rathji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:05 AM   #1019
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm currently in the process of getting every class to 60 - got a 60 Barb and Wizard Right now, beat normal on my Monk and WD, and am working on the DH as well. Still having a blast. Suprised that I have had too much of an issue in Inferno on my Barb, only died once up to the Skeleton King.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #1020
theJuice
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

^^ hehe, its Act 2 that is generally the brick wall for most people, at least, melee classes in inferno. Lol, in fact, the first mobs you see in Act2, that mini little ambush in the canyon with those little wasps things is something of a startling surprise when you experience it for the first time.

Just you wait.
theJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theJuice For This Useful Post: